The Ultimate Wheel Thread !

OP
OP
B

BoeingMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone again. I am trying to get the Forum Guru to allow all of us back into our posts to edit them. It appears that after a certain time has expired one is not alowed back into one's post to edit it.

If he allows us back in can you guys add detail info on your set of aftermarket wheels.

I think all of us would apreciate details on your bad ass wheels as to:

Manufacturer AND model name of wheel
Wheel size front AND back
Finish (chrome, polished aluminum, painted, if so color)
Other details if custom wheel ie: offsets, tire size on wheel ect...
State wether car is lowered and if so by how much

If you have already posted and did not include this info attached to your wheels, as I said, I am trying to get the Forum Guru to alow us back in.

For future posters please include above requested info.

On behalf of all those in awe of your awesome wheels, Thank You

BoeingMan

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although his car sits a bit too low for me, I always liked Inferno's wheels. 20" in the back and 18" up front. I believe they are made by ACME but I could be wrong.

3668BURNO1.JPG

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These HRE C22 wheels, 19" 18" with Pilots Sports, were installed this evening.

I'm not much of a photographer but Kelly Cobean may help with that later.

The HRE new lightweight series, with a flat black center and polished rim, were purchased from Parts Rack. Jon had the best deal compared to two other HRE autorized dealers.

The bare front wheel weighed in at 20lbs and the rear 25lbs. Is that good?

This is the stock ride height.

2634MY_GTS_219-med.jpg

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Hemi, those are nice wheels...I looked at those also before going with Forgelines. Those weights aren't as light as SSRs or VR1s, however, they are among the lightest available for a Viper and way lighter than stock 18s at 31 & 33 pounds and even ACR's BBS at 27 & 29 lbs. Have you driven it yet? Should have much better ride, performance and control over bumps. Look great! :2tu:

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hemi, those are nice wheels...I looked at those also before going with Forgelines. Those weights aren't as light as SSRs or VR1s, however, they are amoung the lightest available for a Viper and way lighter than stock 18s at 31 & 33 pounds. Have you driven it yet? Should have much better ride, performance and control over bumps. Look great! :2tu:

Devildog I took a short ride from the tire shop and noticed the ride was much smoother, maybe the stockers were not balanced correctly. There is a bit more bounce over the bumps, is this to be expected?

HRE quoted 19 and 21 lbs but the car looks much better to my eye its not an issue.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Hemi, those are nice wheels...I looked at those also before going with Forgelines. Those weights aren't as light as SSRs or VR1s, however, they are amoung the lightest available for a Viper and way lighter than stock 18s at 31 & 33 pounds. Have you driven it yet? Should have much better ride, performance and control over bumps. Look great! :2tu:

Devildog I took a short ride from the tire shop and noticed the ride was much smoother, maybe the stockers were not balanced correctly. There is a bit more bounce over the bumps, is this to be expected?

HRE quoted 19 and 21 lbs but the car looks so much better to me I'm not going to make it an issue.

Actually, I would expect a less bouncy ride with less unsprung weight...maybe with less rotational mass you were going faster than you usually do over those bumps...lol. Like your choice of dark center caps also. I would suggest firming up your Konis and lowering with Eibachs to take full advantage of the lighter wheels. Check out these threads below:

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=8480&F_Board=UBB14&Thread=109636&partnumber=&postmarker=

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=8488&F_Board=UBB14&Thread=395260&partnumber=1&postmarker=

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=8581&F_Board=UBB14&Thread=702433&partnumber=1&postmarker=

PM me if you need any help and I'll give you my cell#. Good luck! If you lower please update your pics here...THANKS!

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I would expect a less bouncy ride with less unsprung weight...maybe with less rotational mass you were going faster than you usually do over those bumps...lol.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I just checked the tire pressure and its 39psi on all 4 tires! Would that cause some bounce? LOL

I won't blame the tire shop since the original plan was Kelly Cobean and myself were to install them but the shop offered to squeeze me in just before closing. They neglected to recheck the pressure.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice wheels Hemi Head! need some side shots where the car isnt in the dark. nice wheel weight too

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice stuff so far! Sorry there is no way to let everybody back in to edit. But when it runs it's course I will go back and take out the non informative and redundant posts and dupes so that it flows a little better with just pics and descriptions of which wheels. And at the end, if there is one, maybe someone more knowledgeable than me could write a summary list of what wheels are available in what sizes from what manufacturers and I could drop that back in as the first post. Actually somebody could start that now and I could keep updating the list as the first post on the thread. Another thing we could add is where the wheels are available with a list of web sites of manufacturers and dealers.

CuHead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One piece of information that I would love to see for each wheel is the outer rim lip width. My preference is for the widest possible outer lip, and this piece of information is not typically advertised on the wheel sites. Thanks!

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread makes me wanna go out there and purchase every single wheel on the market!

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Pics of your wheels .?.

You must be registered for see images

These are Fikse's, with OEM tires. I have yet to see another Viper with these wheels. They accent the Steel Gray fairly well.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score

my favorie is CCW SP600. Ideally Id have a solid black GTS with tinted windows and CCW SP600 wheels with blacked out centers but polished lip

You must be registered for see images attach

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CCW SP20's, 18x10 front with 275/35-18 Michelin Pilot, 19x13 rear with 345/30-19:

new front and new rear:
wheels_01.jpg

wheels_02.jpg

new front and old front

wheels_03.jpg

front tire width (for my non-VIPER friends)

wheels_04.jpg

new rear and old rear

wheels_05.jpg

rear tire width (again, for non-VIPER friends)

wheels_06.jpg

inner rear wheel

wheels_07.jpg

and here they are installed:

wheels_on_01.jpg

wheels_on_02.jpg

wheels_on_03.jpg

wheels_on_04.jpg

wheels_on_05.jpg

wheels_on_06.jpg

wheels_on_07.jpg

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ride Quality with 19\" & 20\" Wheels

You guys that have gone to 19" or 20" wheels. Does the car ride much harder since there is less sidewall for cushion? I am thinking of I Forged 19" in front & 20" in rear.

Thanks
Gary

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Ride Quality with 19\" & 20\" Wheels

no difference in ride for me, but man does it look better...

DMC94

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Since no one has shown these yet - how 'bout Kinesis K18s (18 x11 front /w/ 18 x 13 rear) with a shotpeened dark gray anodized center and polished lip. All this coupled with Eibach springs to drop 'er a 'lil bit:

:2tu:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOVE those CCW's, have always been my favorite wheel

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are HRE C22 wheels, 19" 18" with Pilots Sports.

The wheels, with a flat black center and polished rim, were purchased from Parts Rack. Jon had the best deal compared to two other HRE authorized dealers.

The bare front wheel weighed in at 20lbs and the rear 25lbs.

Sorry for the double post, thought you would like a better shot.

Thanks to Kelly Cobean.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are HRE C22 wheels, 19" 18" with Pilots Sports.

The wheels, with a flat black center and polished rim, were purchased from Parts Rack. Jon had the best deal compared to two other HRE authorized dealers.

The bare front wheel weighed in at 20lbs and the rear 25lbs.

Sorry for the double post, thought you would like a better shot.

Thanks to Kelly Cobean.

Glad I could help. Your car just looks wicked on those wheels in person. The picture doesn't do them justice.

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

19" CCW SP20A's, polished, front 275/30/19 Rear 345/30/19 Michellin Sport Pilots, not lowered. (yet!) :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper