The Viper can take a hit, that's for sure...

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately I found out first hand...

I didn't see it coming; which was I guess a blessing in the end. I came to a stop at a red light, and the 28 year old woman hit me from the back and pushed me about 12 feet forward into the intersection. Thankfully, no one was in front of me, or she very well could have totaled my car. The damage, even though it doesn't look bad... ended up being pretty high... considering they had to replace the trunk lid, bumper, soft top that was in the trunk, exhaust, etc etc... but no frame damage, or anything that will cripple the car in anyway. I should have my baby back soon!

Anyone else have any pictures of their car that was in a fender bender that really showed how well they were built?

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang... sorry to hear/see that, but glad there was no major structural damage!

The chick's car is f'd up!

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would assume phone/texting was involved. First how do you rear end anything, second a VIPER!

But dang your Viper is one tuff motha!

Glad to hear everyone is OK!

OP
OP
N

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would assume phone/texting was involved. First how do you rear end anything, second a VIPER!

I'm sure she was texting... she was on her phone right after the incident texting someone.... so most likely. She didn't even have her foot on the brake, as she hit me twice... unbelievable.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure she was texting... she was on her phone right after the incident texting someone.... so most likely. She didn't even have her foot on the brake, as she hit me twice... unbelievable.

That really *****. I hate idiot drivers. From the photos I can't see any damage to your car. Pretty wild that she hit you twice. Did you mention that to the cop?

coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
She needs to learn a lesson... whether it be from the law or from her insurance agency doubling her premium. Glad you're okay. Car looks unscathed.

OP
OP
N

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That really *****. I hate idiot drivers. From the photos I can't see any damage to your car. Pretty wild that she hit you twice. Did you mention that to the cop?

I did mention it, and it was in the police report. I had a few witnesses who were kind enough to stand by as well, and to top that off... I had my dashboard camera that recorded the whole event. She was charged with careless driving, which pretty much sums it up too.

TP_ GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! Glad no one was injured.

You have it on camera? I wonder if that can and will be used in court (If it comes to that)? Is your insurance company asking for a copy of it? I would think it would not be used as it could be argued that is was "Altered".

OP
OP
N

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No need for court, at least I don't think. But again, I am keeping everything in case it does come to that. And yes, I'm getting all new parts... except for the soft top... of which I purchased yesterday from a fellow Viper Club member to which I'll be reimbursed for from the insurance company. I also upgraded the exhaust that will be replaced with a Corsa from parts rack instead of stock... Thanks Jon!

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Matthew....I would probably handle it a lot worse than you did...:mad:

And, your soft top will be shipped tomorrow...packed it up last night and sent some pics to your email last night...

Hang in there!! :2tu:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go for a totally new car. Viper panels are very difficult to line up properly and after a crash like that is going to be even more difficult. The car will never be the same. If it's clearly negligence I wouldn't make any compromises. If you have the exact time you could always look at phone records to prove it.

Doesn't your neck hurt too??? I'm sure that second hit snapped your neck back and forth a bit......;)

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One ought to lose one's license for 6 months or so if caught texting while driving....its getting much more prevalent and does have nasty consequences.......sorry that happened.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry that happened to you.....and here in MA texting is against the law and is considered i believe reckless driving

One ought to lose one's license for 6 months or so if caught texting while driving....its getting much more prevalent and does have nasty consequences.......sorry that happened.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One ought to lose one's license for 6 months or so if caught texting while driving...

and another 6 months for hitting a Viper...:mad: Here's a pic of my car when one 17 year old girl went through a red light and another 17 year old girl made a left in front of her attempting to enter the gas station driver way (I was in that same drive way waiting to pull out) she t-boned her right into me. Both the other vehicles were completely totaled. Insurance payed a total of $25,280.00 for all new parts including hood. No engine or frame damage...

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 73

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
and another 6 months for hitting a Viper...:mad: Here's a pic of my car when one 17 year old girl went through a red light and another 17 year old girl made a left in front of her attempting to enter the gas station driver way (I was in that same drive way waiting to pull out) she t-boned her right into me. Both the other vehicles were completely totaled. Insurance payed a total of $25,280.00 for all new parts including hood. No engine or frame damage...

How much did it cost to fix?

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to hear everyone is ok. But that ***** to hear about a fellow Ontario'ns viper getting hit. At least its not a total loss. Not sure if thats a good thing or not. On one hand you still have your car and all will get fixed. Second hand, your car has to get fixed.
Sorry man

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Should get a decent amount - make them factor in the amount you lose through resale with having an accident on the history.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

But dang your Viper is one tuff motha!

Glad to hear everyone is OK!

I put my 17 y-o daughter into a 6-speed RX-8. No texting and no yakking on the phone while driving. This country would have better drivers if vehicles were only offered with manual boxes. Auto trannies should be for handicapped use only.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put my 17 y-o daughter into a 6-speed RX-8. No texting and no yakking on the phone while driving. This country would have better drivers if vehicles were only offered with manual boxes. Auto trannies should be for handicapped use only.

Good policy. My daughter will be learning to drive in a 2007 Accord 4-cyl with a manual tranny. Then off to a defensive & high perf driving school at VIR for a daddy-daughter weekend. Then she can drive the Viper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960