The why's and when's of skipshift.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: The why\'s and when\'s of skipshift.

Very easy to install.
The hardest/longuest part is to jack up the car.
Luc.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

It's Plug and Play

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
Also, are the kits difficult to install?I feel pretty comfortable with just about everything on a car except transmission voodoo<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Use your right foot and it will go away.
If you give it gas the shift indicator will not annoy you.
At first it is a pain, but if you just bring the RPM's up the need for the shift eliminator is eliminated.
Try it, I know it works for me.
MHO

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do Vipers have this? Maybe mine's not working? ;)

Oh... wait a minute.... it happens when you shift out of first at under 2500 RPMs - now I get it.

And yeah, I know the kit is easy, blah blah blah, but wouldn't more right foot application be easier?

Jim Peffers

Viper Owner
Reaction score

In theory, the "skipshift" is supposed to save fuel by forcing a shift from first to fourth. In reality, I don't think that it saves anything - but it can be incredibly annoying as it usually forces the skipshift at the worst of all possible times (when you really do want to go slow such as in a parking area or heavy traffic).
pissed.gif
The skipshift is only active at low speeds/low throttle positions and is indicated by a little light in the "message center" on the dashboard. (It is only active when the light is on). The good news is that it is easily disabled - see the "Illustrated Upgrades" section on the main page of this site.
biggrin.gif
BURNOUT.gif