These New Forums

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the quick attention, dont post much cause cant type well. but always here learning and enjoying the people here. thanks B

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey there mr big n italian im a vca member and even got my new keychain and everything, my vca # 22542, if that helps cause your the go to guy for the avatars. thanks B

welcome back benny!

now, get to work! LOL

first, go to the top of the page to "user cp"

go to control panel.

chris is working on your status, but in the meantime, you need to work on your settings in this area. when chris gets your title changed, you will have more settings to edit!

as soon as you are listed as a VCA member, (you are one - RIGHT?), THEN you can download an avatar! be sure to let us know if you need help!

Last edited:

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
updated profile with VCA #, VIN, etc...........how does it get changed from enthisast to member, and when will it allow avatar upload?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
updated profile with VCA #, VIN, etc...........how does it get changed from enthisast to member, and when will it allow avatar upload?
Drop me a PM with your name and location (city/state) and we will get you verified with VCA HQ.

Note to all: Rest assured it is nothing personal, but we personally verify your membership status with VCA HQ before we change profiles. We got burned last year when somebody sent a similar e-mail with VCA number, Viper VIN, etc. Turned out it was all made up.

We are not doubting anybody here in the slightest, but putting in your VCA number and/or VIN no longer guarantees instant status change. Simply PM myself or Lee (Lee00blacksilverGTS) and we will get you verified as quickly as possible. We will then update your profile, including your avatar from the old site if available. You can then update that avatar (and signature) as you wish.

Thanks for your patience and support!

Chris

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Chris,

I continue to be impressed by you and your fellow board members. Keep up the good work.

I am now shown as a "VCA Member" rather than the "So Cal VCA President". Can someone there make the change? If not, who should I contact?

Regards,

Dan

Last edited:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think the picture upload is working, well at least not for me. When I get to the page to process the pics, it just flips to a blank screen. Nothing happens.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think the picture upload is working, well at least not for me. When I get to the page to process the pics, it just flips to a blank screen. Nothing happens.

hemi_2.jpg

posting pics in threads works.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Saw your other post and have a note into the programmers. I was able to upload fine, but I waved my title at the doorman. ;) All the settings say it should work for you...

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So "big-n-Italian" Please tell us how you added your avatar. When I go to edit avatar there is no link to add it. How about posting step by step instructions for all of us computer dummies.
Avatars are reserved for VCA Members, which as I recall you are. We will do a quick verification and then enable your avatar (and post it for you if you had one on the other forums). Sorry for the hassle!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im really enjoying this new layout. Its easy to use and easy on the eyes. And I know I mentioned this in an earlier post, but its a really nice and clean look/feel.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So "big-n-Italian" Please tell us how you added your avatar. When I go to edit avatar there is no link to add it. How about posting step by step instructions for all of us computer dummies.

sure.

1. join the VCA.
2. download an avatar.

:D

you are half-way there robbie! LMK if i can help after you get your status changed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to mark all message's read? maybe send me a PM.
Thanks

Good question! I am not sure how/if you can mark just certain threads as read. However I know that you should be able to mark ALL of the threads in a forum read by clicking on "Forum Tools" on the top right when the forum itself is open on the page. There should be a button saying "Mark Forum Read" which will make ALL threads in the forum show as read. Definitely handy when you are looking through all of the forums for the ones that have new posts...

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to mark all message's read? maybe send me a PM.
Thanks

if you are trying to mark all messages in the GenI/II forum "read" for instance, do this:

1. go to your home page.
2. see the big blue dots to the left? DOUBLE CLICK on the dot to mark all messages read in that section.

is that what you mean?

if you want to mark the entire website read, go to the home page, and at the bottom in the center of the page, it says "mark forums read". click on that and the entire website is marked as read.

Last edited:

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just uploaded a new Post and it is not showing up in the "New Posts"...why is that?

Thanks for your input!
Jason