they all got together

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Viper got to meet it's stable mates today and get a sun tan.

Each spring I move every thing out of the garage to clean the floor. Late this year due to cold and rain.

The 02 vet is visible barely between the black C6 and the Viper.

They had to set outside most of the day because my wife's Hylander needed an oil change and the tires rotated. I have two four post lifts to store and service the vehicle my self. I don't rely on dealers. So because farmers are out in the fields the dust was bad and now I must wash all of them. I don't mind with the Viper because of the 200 miles that I put on it Tuesday killed a zillion bugs in the front.

This is where the work gets done.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing you like bicycles a little?

As for dust, get yourself a "California Duster" for that. They work excellent.

You must be registered for see images

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As for dust, get yourself a "California Duster" for that. They work excellent.

Oh, man. Do a search on the VCA forums for some of the comments from other owners about this thing. I'll never run a dust wand that has dirt and grime on it across my clearcoat.

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, man. Do a search on the VCA forums for some of the comments from other owners about this thing. I'll never run a dust wand that has dirt and grime on it across my clearcoat.

+ 1 on that. Maybe for wheels, but I would never let one touch my paint. :nono:

Reaction score
It's all about technique with the duster, mine is black and I have yet to wash it just dust and detail spray and there is not one swirl or scratch. You just barely drag the ends of the yarn and shake after a couple passes. If you apply ANY pressure then yes it will definitely scratch. To each his/her own though just saying it can work and if you have a good wax on the car there should never be a problem IMHO.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Used dusters for years no problems. It's a duster, not a polisher..... Anything heavier then dust break out the microfibers and quick detailer.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are scratching your paint with a duster, you probably shouldn't be operating such an advanced tool. I've used them for years, properly, and have never gotten a scratch. You drag them lightly, don't push down on them.

Like mjorgensen said, keeping a coat of detailer or wax on the car works perfectly with a duster.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, if you buy a California Duster, make sure you wrap it in Newspaper for a couple of days before using it, it will draw out all the wax from the fibers and will not leave any residue on the car when you use it.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never understood the problem people have with California dusters. Used properly they will not scratch your clearcoat.
As stated above, its for removal of light dust or pollen, not mud. Anyone who is scratching their clearcoat with it should (a) learn how to use it or (b) Buy a new one when it is so dirty you are dragging boulders across your paint.

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are scratching your paint with a duster, you probably shouldn't be operating such an advanced tool. I've used them for years, properly, and have never gotten a scratch. You drag them lightly, don't push down on them.

Like mjorgensen said, keeping a coat of detailer or wax on the car works perfectly with a duster.
I totally agree!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a sample of what other Viper owners have to say about the California Duster:

Again, when used properly it will not scratch. I've been using California Dusters on multiple vehicles for over 10 years and never had a scratch. If you have ever participated in a World-of-Wheels or Autorama type car show, you will even see vehicle owners of $***,*** showcars using these dusters. Why would they trust one on a paint job that costs more than a Viper?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala