Thinking of pulling the trigger on an ACR Voodoo but ....

OP
OP
H

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the panels on my 09 ACR are good....my only issue is the headlight fit on one side isn't good....the light and rubber trim are a little higher than the surrounding bodywork compared to the other side....doesn't bother me too much.....
Thx gilly6993.....your feedback is much appreciated. I will take a closer look at the lights.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hollywood, A while ago Lloydminister had a VooDoo and Bonneville as well had a Voo Doo, Also there is a Final Edition ACR at Red Deer and Ft Mcmurray, Also Ft Mac has a SSG ACR as well. Might be worth the while to check out.:D:D

OP
OP
H

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hollywood, A while ago Lloydminister had a VooDoo and Bonneville as well had a Voo Doo, Also there is a Final Edition ACR at Red Deer and Ft Mcmurray, Also Ft Mac has a SSG ACR as well. Might be worth the while to check out.:D:D
Thx Supersnake. How long ago as I will check it out. I am looking in Ontario as per Chelseasnake. I also took a few pics of the trunk gap for all the boys to see. I will post it shortly if I can get it to post. Stay tuned.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike Woods (owner) and Sam Fairhall (business manager) at Wellington Motors are both great guys - and they are Viper guys too. I'm not sure if Wellington motors has a Voodoo, but if memory serves I think Legendary Motorcar in Milton,ON has one for sale.

OP
OP
H

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys here are the pics of that rear trunk gap by the light. Looking again today the sales guy said that he asked the body shop manager and the body shop guy said it can be adjusted. This may not be as big a deal in the end as I first thought but it did look terrible. The condition of the car was average at best as it had looked like it was polished with a brick.....
icon8.gif

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
H

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike Woods (owner) and Sam Fairhall (business manager) at Wellington Motors are both great guys - and they are Viper guys too. I'm not sure if Wellington motors has a Voodoo, but if memory serves I think Legendary Motorcar in Milton,ON has one for sale.
I talked to Mike Woods today....he is a great guy....he sent me pics and we chatted for awhile. If I can't find anything out here in the West I will be heading to Ontario.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys here are the pics of that rear trunk gap by the light. Looking again today the sales guy said that he asked the body shop manager and the body shop guy said it can be adjusted. This may not be as big a deal in the end as I first thought but it did look terrible. The condition of the car was average at best as it had looked like it was polished with a brick.....
icon8.gif

The swirls bug me more then the gaps!!!

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like it was polished with a high speed grinder. Or maybe polished with a buffer after the detail kid dropped it on the floor. Junkman could make that car look better than brand new from the factory if you so desired.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fgt......

gen4s did seem to have a few issues the gen3s didnt on fit and finish

fgt is siiiiiiick

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, someone really didn't know what they were doing when they tried to detail that car.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a nasty *** gap on the rear of that car as well.
QC was on lunch break that day?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MTGTS....you would not believe this mess. I am not even going near this car. No way.

It's nothing that can't be fixed but it would cost about $300-$500 I would guess. If you can get a good deal on it I wouldn't let it stop me from buying it.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am telling you I HOPE Dodge really works on the QC on the Vipers.........Thats how alot of the Vipers I see are coming out of the factory.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As noted the gap can be adjusted, should not be a problem. If the black has swirl marks , this is not totally uncommon for any year and if the Dealership is willing to work with you I would imagine they would do a wetsand and that should improve the look.

Wellington does have a good reputation and either way I would jump on a Vooodoo, as thanks to Ralph, Canada got a much better share of this special car than they have in the past. Believe they are sold out in the US, and great tribute to a racing CEO , who, just happens to be Canadian, too,ha.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen tractors with paint in better condition! Having said that I would still buy it as long as the gap can be fixed. Swirl marks polish out easy.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Cannot believe the car left the factory like that.

Looks as if somebody has been messing with it ...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bad detailing aside, What Garrett said below, and furthermore: It is POSSIBLE that the install of the wing may be at play here, IF the deck bolts were not properly torqued prior to install.

You have a lot of adjustment with the liftgate. The liftgate hinges on the body side use slotted bolt holes (Under the rear headliner). If you back off these nuts you will find you have a lot of movement. Just fully open the lifgate and with the nuts loose push (very) slightly (one hand) on the lifgate as if to open it past its limits. The liftgate will slide forward. If you let it relax on the shocks it will slide backwards.

The rear quarters have a lot of play in and out. If you take the bulb covers off there are two bolts you can loosen and push the panel in or out. Feel free to print this out and give it to them. (I am a Chrysler technician in Ontario)

This car just needs adjustment, just tell them you are interested if they fix it.

Garrett

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad detailing aside, What Garrett said below, and furthermore: It is POSSIBLE that the install of the wing may be at play here, IF the deck bolts were not properly torqued prior to install.

Not sure I understand. What are the "deck bolts" you are referring to. I'm getting ready to install my wing and want to make sure I don't screw something up.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my deck lid needs adjustment too. in fact, i havent seen many vipers that dont.
ive owned 2 gen 3s and now i have a gen 4 and the deck lid sticks out at least an 1/8 inch on the drivers side.
i loosened the 4 bolts that are exposed under the headliner but i still cant budge the deck. not sure if the deck is stuck or i loosened the wrong bolts.
any pics or additional help would be appreciated.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have a lot of adjustment with the liftgate. The liftgate hinges on the body side use slotted bolt holes (Under the rear headliner). If you back off these nuts you will find you have a lot of movement. Just fully open the lifgate and with the nuts loose push (very) slightly (one hand) on the lifgate as if to open it past its limits. The liftgate will slide forward. If you let it relax on the shocks it will slide backwards.

The rear quarters have a lot of play in and out. If you take the bulb covers off there are two bolts you can loosen and push the panel in or out. Feel free to print this out and give it to them. (I am a Chrysler technician in Ontario)

This car just needs adjustment, just tell them you are interested if they fix it.

Garrett

I was referring to the eight nuts that hold the rear liftgate to the vehicle. Four are visible, Four are under the headliner. You can do some side to side (driver to passenger) with the ones you can see. In and out (front to rear of car) with the ones under the headliner.

Loosen the four nuts under the headlinder just enough so both hinges can move (right and left hinge). With the rear liftgate open try to "over extend" it Do not try to push forward. just push "up" on the lift gate past the shock limits and it will slide forward by its self.

Leave the shocks in place

Viperless, I would say the deck bolts are the 4 bolts that hold on the rear spoiler. Just a guess though.

rear deck = liftgate

^ did you remove the trunk shocks?

Do NOT take the shocks off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude