Threw some codes!!

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally borrowed a friends code reader and found that my 98 GTS threw 1495 (Leakage detecting pump coil circuit) whatever the hell that is and 138, 158 (02 sensor high voltage bank 1 and 2 on rear sensors). Ive got BB headers and BB exhaust with no cats and a 99 PCM. I reset them and they came back on. What to do? I was looking at Roe's site and the PCM's that he sells. Anyone know if the Roe pcm gets rid of the rear 02 codes?

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1495 I beleive is caused by not tightening your filler cap properly.
Roe's PCM will eliminate the need for rear sims.

OP
OP
W

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talked to Roe and he said he THOUGHT their PCM would delete the 138, 158 02 codes. I was hoping for a more definitive answer. I checked the gas cap and even swapped it out with the gen 1 and code 1495 is still showing up. The gas cap I've been using is off an intrepid since my original gas cap is probably still up in Bemidji somewhere. Im thinking I just might sell my 2 pcms that I have and get the Roe and kill the skipshift and the 02 codes without buying the simms if that is in case the solution. Still wonder what is causing the 1495 code though, unless gen 2 caps are different than gen 1's?????

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had that code before. Check with Mitch, I'm pretty sure that he'll say the same.
Russ has Roe's PCM and he had his check engine light come on after he reinstalled his blower.
I'm not sure what caused it, but when I checked his car with my OBDII, there was nothing stored in the PCM for a code.

OP
OP
W

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No cats, BB headers, straight pipe, BB exhaust. Looking at getting a charger so getting the Roe PCM may not be a bad idea. I just dont want to find out that after putting in the Roe pcm that it doesnt delete my specific codes. As far as the 1495 code, that gas cap is on reallllly tight hahhha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala