Time Slips

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Someone had to be the first one to post their timeslips it may as well be me!
You must be registered for see images

I'm hoping to go back to the track and try to get better times out of it now that cooler weather is here. The best time so far 12.306 @ 111.96 mph. I'd love to break into the 11's with it, that would be really cool.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a nice .507 reaction time. I'm guessing smooth tubes, K&N's, cat-back and ************ street tires.

OP
OP
R

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only mods are smooth tubes, K&N filters and glasspack mufflers (as per Jon B's recomendation for a low budget improvement).

The tires are MXX3s at 22 psi. By doing the 1.75 sixty foot time I succeded in twisting the right 1/2 shaft (I think part of that is due to the track being really sticky, the Craftsman Nationals were 5 days before).

As for the reaction time, "Sheer Luck", I'm not that good. I don't race often enough to hone my reaction time skills at the track to be consistent.

At some point (hopefully this winter) I want to put on headers and a Borla cat back system (unless someone has a better recommendation for mufflers).

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rick, I'm green with envy on those 60 ft times. How are you launching? I had roughly the same mph but slower by a few tenths overall, mostly due to my 60 ft times being in the low 2 secs. I was just using the stock street tires but have bought some street slicks for next year. I want to get my 1/8th time to under 8 seconds but am currently running about 8.4 for my best.

My best launches are at about 2300 rpm, drop clutch with 20 psi tire pressure but I can't come close to your 60 ft. Are you using a soft leave? My biggest problem is hooking up. Of course our track is extremely slippery compared to what you describe...we use an old airport runway!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molgera