Titan Lift install

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked briefly at this thread late last night and had a similar reaction to the pictures that most of you did but really didn't give it a second thought. About 4:30 this morning I woke up in a cold sweat because I had a nightmare that this happened to me.:rolleyes: :lmao:

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like SLViper, I self installed. One advantage, besides cost savings, is that you get a good understanding of how the lift works, the adjustments etc. There really are not too many bolts or parts to inspect, so there is no reason you can't cover the whole thing in 5 minutes once or twice a year. If you hear an odd noise, stop and look things over with out getting in harm's way. The guy with the failed lift said he tried to move it up and down because it would not lock. He should have stopped and investigated.

When you do the install, many critical parts are already bolted on at the factory (pulleys, hydraulic cylinder, locks, etc), thus reducing the risk of a problem in the field. You will need 2 very strong people or some lifting equipment.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty common for only 3 of the 4 locks to set on the way down especially if your cables aren't adjusted properly. You definitely just need to be cautious and have the proper sense of urgency if something doesn't look, sound or feel right but no different than any other device that lifts your car. Common sense you would think:dunno:

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be OK to let the Chinese build your stuff but don't let them design it! It's hard to buy stuff not built in China.

OP
OP
S

SLViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Titan lift update: Love the lift, besides parking, used it to inspect and detail under carriage & sides (while standing up) both Viper & Prowler, R&R Prowler door speakers. Not sure where it was designed or built but I purchased it from Indiana, has USA motor, and hydraulic system. In summary it is well built, solid and very safe.
Happy Easter!

OP
OP
S

SLViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Project completed with the installation of the new door and a Liftmaster 3500 Jackshaft opener, 24 volts, almost silent. Have plenty of headroom with lift fully raised.
You must be registered for see images attach
Total cost 4K complete.
Weather forecast: 75 and Sunny, 100% chance of a top down Viper ride to the Cruise-In tonight!
Have a Blessed Day!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen