90.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 975662367308[1].jpg
    975662367308[1].jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to get a Tilton real bad...but I ended up getting a McLeod.

Are you using a steel flywheel with that clutch?

OP
OP
R

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much power is that going behind? :eek:

Cost?

The car runs around @ +/-1,200 rwhp, about same in TQ. haven't run the car on q16, should be in the 1,500 rwhp range

the cltuch, hrb & hardware were $6K, without flywheel (which I already had)

OP
OP
R

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to get a Tilton real bad...but I ended up getting a McLeod.

Are you using a steel flywheel with that clutch?

I'm using the VSP (heavier than tilton but lighter than stock) flywheel, which is steel

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
VERY nice. I am likely going to have to jump to the quad too from my triple with the current build going together. Thank god my current carbon plates are still almost new... no fun to re-purchase those at $600 a pop!

For anyone curious, my triple at about 5K miles has sustained about .005" of wear. That equates to roughly 25,000 street miles per pressure plate, 75,000 street miles per rebuild, and 225,000 miles per clutch lifespan. Obviously this is greatly dependent on driving style, power, and use, but WOW is all I have to say! These clutches when run Heavyweight style exceed even my expectations. Similar results have been seen even on track-duty cars with good clutch artists. There have been some older problematic applications with lightweights driven on the street, overpowering, and people just plain BAD on clutches that kill their life. But man, when you set one of these up with the right application, they keep on rockin!

Last edited:

David Pintaric

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan,

If you are interested in selling your used triple CF pack, let me know. Depedning on details I would have a "high degree of interest."

VERY nice. I am likely going to have to jump to the quad too from my triple with the current build going together. Thank god my current carbon plates are still almost new... no fun to re-purchase those at $600 a pop!

For anyone curious, my triple at about 5K miles has sustained about .005" of wear. That equates to roughly 25,000 street miles per pressure plate, 75,000 street miles per rebuild, and 225,000 miles per clutch lifespan. Obviously this is greatly dependent on driving style, power, and use, but WOW is all I have to say! These clutches when run Heavyweight style exceed even my expectations. Similar results have been seen even on track-duty cars with good clutch artists. There have been some older problematic applications with lightweights driven on the street, overpowering, and people just plain BAD on clutches that kill their life. But man, when you set one of these up with the right application, they keep on rockin!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan,

If you are interested in selling your used triple CF pack, let me know. Depedning on details I would have a "high degree of interest."

Hi David,

I will have to check and see what the price difference is between having me rebuild this triple as a quad, VS. selling it and replacing it with a quad. It is virtually new wear wise, so feel free to drop me an offer via PM. I can also supply you the rest of the kit if need be... not sure what your application is, just let me know.

OP
OP
R

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi David,

I will have to check and see what the price difference is between having me rebuild this triple as a quad, VS. selling it and replacing it with a quad. It is virtually new wear wise, so feel free to drop me an offer via PM. I can also supply you the rest of the kit if need be... not sure what your application is, just let me know.

daniel, i think the rebuild/upgrade was $3K for the triple to qaud

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
daniel, i think the rebuild/upgrade was $3K for the triple to qaud

It might be more worth my while to replace it rather than rebuild, since I am technically paying for the clutch cover and spindle sections all over again, plus the extra carbon, versus getting some of the cover/spindle money back by selling it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery