To Bee or Not to Bee

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH YEAH--Kco--AWESOME with the black wheels as well as the stripe--just MAKES the BEE!!! GREAT looking car...all of the 'Bees' look great...~juli~

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kelly. What wheels are on Mr. Hemihead's car? Wow!

Per Rick (Mr Hemi Head) in the Ultimate Wheel Thread....

" These are HRE C22 wheels, 19" 18" with Pilots Sports.

The wheels, with a flat black center and polished rim, were purchased from Parts Rack. Jon had the best deal compared to two other HRE authorized dealers.

The bare front wheel weighed in at 20lbs and the rear 25lbs."

OP
OP
P

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The deed is done. I could not be happier with the results. :headbang:

Forgeline wheels with chrome lips and black centers. Pilot sport cup tires, 295 on front and 345 on rear. SRT brakes on the front, and moved the front calipers to the rear. Add Dave's Ebrake, and Roe's racing rotors all around and you have one bad car. The car gets at least 2X more gawks and comments.

You must be registered for see images

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! Were those painted on or vinyl? Either way, they look great.

OP
OP
P

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! Were those painted on or vinyl? Either way, they look great.

The stripes are 2 mil vinyl. There is a place on Gasoline Alley here in Speedway who does the Indy cars and a lot of other race applications. They did a great job. I have no idea how any of you guys did it yourself. There are so many curves on this snake! I took photos of actual vipers to show them how to do it right. I'm sure you can tell the difference if you have them side by side, but it is real close. In fact, the way they did the NACA duct looks better than painted.

MQQNVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It seems like EVERYBODY that stripes a yellow Viper goes black. I agree with an earlier post that the yellow with white stripes makes a statement of it's own -- you know it's been striped, but definitely more muted. I;ve also seen a bright yellow with silver stripes and it also looks VERY nice and is different! and isn't that what we're all about?:smirk:

MQQNVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know if this would work on a GTS, but years ago we temporarily (i.e., not with paint) a Super Bee style butt-stripe on a '95 (dandelion) yellow roadster and it looked GREAT!!! I've never seen anyone do it for real, and it took some time, and my 1/18-scale model, to get them in the right place. Now THAT would definitely be a bumble bee Viper! Get someone to do a "Super V" in the butt-stripe? Let me know if anyone's game. :cool:

V

Venomiss

Flight of the bumblebee.
Oh Beehave! Awesome choice and bee sure to take some more pictures...and remember,
Yellow cars are the fastest. Always.
They have to outrun all the bugs who think they are sweet!:D

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purdue,

Do you have enough to do another car? I'll come down and get my car done. We could have a great photoshoot with a pair of bees! Add a couple of hot models and it would be pure Nirvana.

OP
OP
P

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purdue,

Do you have enough to do another car? I'll come down and get my car done. We could have a great photoshoot with a pair of bees! Add a couple of hot models and it would be pure Nirvana.

Dang, I didn't think to ask for the excess. I was too busy gawking at the car when I picked it up. But, the roll was 50', and I'm sure they used most of it, so no way there was enough to do another bee.

LOL. Shoot yes, come on down and get it done. Would be one great photo shoot for sure. I assume you're bringing the hot models?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purdue---EXCELLENT VIPER!!!! LOVE the whole combo--the wheels are fantastic....glad you were able to post the picture!~! Beautiful.....juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purdue--That is one awesome BumbleBee AND the wheels---BADASP!!!! LOVE it~~glad you could post the pic~~(previous post didn't show, so it'll now probably pop up after I post this!~~sorry!)....juli
*****YEP, I see my post just below Dave's....peat and re-peat~~~
WHOAAAAAA, DAVE, you're losing me now with the stripes being faster!!! no-no-no.....(though I concede the BumbleBee is possibly one of my favorite combos, PURE BLACK being first!~~)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely stripe it.
GTS must have stripes.
Mine was all red, after stripes it was like a new car. It looks naked with them.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely stripe it.
GTS must have stripes.
Mine was all red, after stripes it was like a new car. It looks naked with them.

I'd have to say also in your case, Jon....your Viper looks BADASP as well!!~ LOVE your red/w BLACK stripes...that's actually what's making your car REALLY FAST~~(LOL)
~juli~

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960