To sell or not to sell?

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Using your logic above, then cars should hardly ever go faster in the real world compared to Mag tests (at least for the Mustang).

Using the same Magazine, the new Shelby Mustang was both faster through the quarter mile and had a significantly higher trap speed. All through those crappy Rustang tires. As the for the best production Viper available, here is the test.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...e_viper_srt_10/driving_impressions_specs.html

Waiting for your "different test day.....different numbers argument". The fact is, the raw numbers indicate, at a minimum, the cars are very close. If you can't admit that, then there is no further point in discussing it, because you will never believe any information placed before you. Additionally, the power to weight ratio is virtually the same, meaning that if someone is a little lighter driver or has less gas in the tank, they have an advantage.

Buy hey....it is a "Rustang". (As if every person here never drives any other car and can only be seen in their Viper).:lmao:

Good for Ford putting out this vehicle. It shows what you can do and not screw the customer for over 100 grand to get that performance. And you people complain about it. Amazing. As I have said countless times before, this board has changed and not for the better.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As I have said countless times before, this board has changed and not for the better.

What the heck is that supposed to mean? Comments like that show who's changed. I'm talking about one topic and you generalize me into a negative category of people. For as long as this board has been around, horsepower wars have always been argued. Nothing's changed but your tolerance.

If a 500lbs+ lighter ZR1 traps at 130+ and does 10.9 on average with a good driver on 345's, I don't see how the rustang will match that. The mag test for a Viper can't be compared to the rustang because, as the article stated, traction control and launch control made the tests consistent and produced the best runs. Ford did make the best bang for your buck street racer, I just don't think it's a 10 sec car at 3871lbs on 285's.