To stripe or not to stripe....

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well tell me what you guys think. This was just a quick photoshop but it gives the idea. Also, I'd perfer doing vinyl 1st to make sure I like it in person. Does anyone have a SRT with vinyl stripes? How do they come out on the front "crosshair"?

You must be registered for see images attach

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have silver vert as well. I'm thinking about doing a really dark graphite with a slight metallic in it.
I'm going the same route you're thinking though. Vinyl first to make sure I like it, then paint later on.
Also thinking about painting the wheels to match the stripes.

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input so far. When I get home I'm going to have to play around with graphite stripes. They seem like a good choice also.The only reason I picked blue was because of the silver gts with the blue stripes. Theviperstore has a 20pc stripe kit but the pics they show aren't exactly great. I just want to make sure it's something I like before making a few thousand dollar mistake haha

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a graphite and a gts blue. I took the blue off a 2006 coupe. im not sure how accurate it is due to shadowing. But it gives the idea. Much better than that other blue. Im going to look into the snakeskin now.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A viper doesn't look like a Viper without the "Shelby stripes". I like the dark grey and black stripes.

If you're getting vinyl stripes they can PRINT snakeskin onto the vinyl stripes. Paint takes a Pro to do snakeskin effects onto the stripes = expensive. Simple painted color stripes aren't very expensive.

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they both look amazing IMO. I was actually looking for a SRT picture thread that i can't seem to find now. Someone in that thread had a silver SRT vert with graphite stripes. If i recall, there is a picture of him getting pulled over by a cop and still flashed a picture haha

Found the thread!

Last edited:

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you care what we all say, you have to put on (or not) what you like, just like flavors of ice cream, everyone on this site has opinions just like everyone has arm pits....find what you like, go with vinyl IF you think you may want to take them off, go to Ebay, you can get pictures of about every striping combo....good luck !!

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a while, it is hard to tell what looks good. At first I liked the intense blue, but after a few hours and other Viper owners suggestions, I realized there are WAY better options out there. I love hearing all the opinions from Viper owners. :hug: hahaha

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How about tinting the original color a little darker. Ghost the stripes on. They appear at different angles.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The silver with Viper Blue looks nice but better on a GTS... Graphite would be cool but for something that stands out try photo-shopping Venom red too... Vinyl is probably going to be tough on that fascia unless you widen the gap off the center but that might get funky too...

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is at the shop as we speak, getting a Vipair hood put on and painted. My car is black and am thinking about doing some matte black stripes over the car as it would add a little flair but not in your face, plus my wheels are matte blck in the center so it would match. I thought about vinyl but figured if I did like it I probably wouldnt redo in paint. Waitng for the shop to get back to me on a quote still.

Tony