Took a few pictures today in Hawaii

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to drive to the beach today which is just 3 minutes from where I live. The beach is Kailua beach which is one of the nicer and quieter beaches on the Island. I have lived on the Island for about 4 months now and this time of year proves why I love living here so much. There is nothing like just being able to leave the house in January and be at the beach in nice 80 degree weather. I am not trying to make everyone else feel bad that are stuck in the bad weather not being able to drive your viper, instead I am trying to convince you to come and live out here and see what I am talking about :2tu: We need move vipers out here :drive:

You must be registered for see images attach

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't it rain in Hawaii every day?

Anyway, it was 80 or so here in Texas today and I did a little photo op myself. We could use some of that rain though if you would oblige. ;)

And send some some of them jiggly grass skirts and a little sand too please...

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't it rain in Hawaii every day?

Anyway, it was 80 or so here in Texas today and I did a little photo op myself. We could use some of that rain though if you would oblige. ;)

And send some some of them jiggly grass skirts and a little sand too please...
Yeah it gets frustrating sometimes how much it rains here, but it usually comes in small amounts. You just have to time it right to avoid it. Nothing worse than just washing the car and then 5 minutes later driving in some rain, I guess thats the cost of paradise.

Where are your pictures? I would LOVE to send some of this rain your away, please take it.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures! I went to Hawaii on vacation once and loved it. Hopefully I can go back some day.

I got to go driving yesterday but the top & windows were on b/c it was only 45. I did come across a Prowler at a dealership that I took some pics with. If only I could figure out how to get them off my phone so I could post them.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got an extra room?

I am there, not a problem!

I will need a job too

oh...and a spot in your garage

nice Viper btw:D

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel sorry for you guys...not getting to experience the change of seasons, white Christmas, or any winter sports! I do love to vacation in HI though, I surf and ski/board! Is that on Oahu? How about you drive to the North Shore and get some pipeline surf pics with the Viper in the foreground! That would be awesome!!!

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got an extra room?

I am there, not a problem!

I will need a job too

oh...and a spot in your garage

nice Viper btw:D
Yeah I have a spot in the garage, but I need to get a garage first :lmao:. there is a parking garage that I park in so at least the car is covered, but you will have to share with all of the other cars that park here :D

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great photos. I especially liked this one with the wind surfers (or whatever it's called) in the background. Do you have to worry about the salt air corroding your Viper?

Bob
Yeah its not good to park or leave the Viper on the coast line because of the high content of salt in the air. I never leave the Viper on the Coast. If we do go to the beach for a bit my wife drives. Maintenance on a car is a lot more of a necessity here due to the salt in the air. I wipe down the car about every other day.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel sorry for you guys...not getting to experience the change of seasons, white Christmas, or any winter sports! I do love to vacation in HI though, I surf and ski/board! Is that on Oahu? How about you drive to the North Shore and get some pipeline surf pics with the Viper in the foreground! That would be awesome!!!
Its not too bad, I really dont like the snow as I have had plenty of it in my life. Maybe after a couple years of the same weather I will agree, but for now I love the beautiful 80 degree weather here.

Hmm, the pipeline, now that's an idea.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You also need one of these...
DSC04114.JPG

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stuffed my pics over in my aero build thread with the resolution toned down a bit. Gotta admit I'm really starting to like the goodies I'm bolting on my car. Would love the backdrop you have though for the pics! :2tu:
I just looked at the pictures of your build. Your fabrication skills are amazing. It must be rough being able to have the space to work on your car like that.

I have always liked what you have been able to fabricate for your Viper. I especially like the rear diffuser you made. Maybe you can make one for me as mine is all scraped up :D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man those are some nice pics! Thanks for sharing them!:2tu:

Looks like a very black claud was over the town that day!:omg:

I tell ya, sure makes me want to be there today. It is 10 degreese here today. That beach sure is looking inviting!

Robert

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice pics. Too bad those sails are in the background in that one pic or it would have been exceptional. To be honest, I don't like the wheels on your Viper. A set of Iforged Astras in anthracite would make your car gold.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great backdrop for a pretty Viper.....been to HI a few times and will return when my kids are a little older and a) can appreciate the trip and b) will behave well enough for that long of a plane ride.

What island are you on? Only been to Oahu and Maui.

By the way, its about 27 degrees here with lots of snow. The RT is sitting (clean)in the garage and hasn't been out for two weeks.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I lived at Kaneohe for four years. Very familiar with Kailua Beach. Love it there. Great pics. Great place to have a Viper. Not, I repeat not, a cheap place to live. Congrats.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice pics. Too bad those sails are in the background in that one pic or it would have been exceptional. To be honest, I don't like the wheels on your Viper. A set of Iforged Astras in anthracite would make your car gold.
I agree about the stock rims so I have some Forgeline on the way. They should be installed by next weekend :2tu:

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Well I am going to cruise to the North shore today even though it is cloudy. Hopefully the clouds will clear up and I can get some nice pictures.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Wife and I decided to take a cruise to the North Shore today. At first I wasn't sure how the weather was going to be today as it was really cloudy at first but we decided to take a chance anyway. I am glad that we did as we cruised the entire time with the top down and didn't get a drop of rain. It is about an hour drive from where we live to the North Shore. The photos are stops on the way to the North Shore. I hope that you enjoy the pictures. This time I remembered to keep the flaps down ;)

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting photos of your Viper with Hawaii scenery in the background. Keep doing that. I have fantasized about moving to Hawaii since I visited a friend on the Big Island. With your pictures I can pretend I'm there.

Regarding keeping the flaps down for the photos - I once saw a photo of somebody's Gen III Viper with the flaps removed, so I took mine off. I haven't run into a situation where I wished they were there.

Bob

Last edited:

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car is beautiful. Please send some pictures once the forgeline wheels are on your car. You are going to really like the aftermarket wheels.

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting photos of your Viper with Hawaii scenery in the background. Keep doing that. I have fantasized about moving to Hawaii since I visited a friend on the Big Island. With your pictures I can pretend I'm there.

Regarding keeping the flaps down for the photos - I once saw a photo of somebody's Gen III Viper with the flaps removed, so I took mine off. I haven't run into a situation where I wished they were there.

Bob
I was actually thinking about removing the flaps today. You are right I never need them. If the sun is bothering the eyes that is why I have sun glasses. Hawaii is a blast to live. Its like I am always on vacation here, especially on the weekends when the weather is nice. I want to take the car to Maui where they actually have a track. Its too bad they dont have one here on Oahu. Trust me I will keep the photos coming. I have been slacking since I have been here as I have not posted much pictures so now I am making up for it.

Keep the good comments coming and I will keep the photos coming.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Crap...I have all four seasons. I would glady trade four seasons for one or two seasons (summer or fall like). I hate seasoning my Viper. I would be happy to sell my trickle chargers on eBay. Excellent Viper and gorgeous views...:2tu:

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get out to Ko olau golf course yet for lunch?

I am not trying to make everyone else feel bad that are stuck in the bad weather not being able to drive your viper, instead I am trying to convince you to come and live out here and see what I am talking about :2tu: We need move vipers out here :drive:

Where were you 5 years ago, when I was Vipering around the islands?? LOL

I felt like Christopher Columbus exploring Hawaii in a Viper!

Top of Volcano higher then the clouds.....( Maui)
416v2-med.jpg