1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tough to replace a gen II viper...

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by Zee, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Invasivore

Invasivore Viper Owner

2. BlackSnake99

BlackSnake99 Viper Owner

Or the '65-'67 Corvette.

3. v10enomous

v10enomous Viper Owner

4. REDBLACK

REDBLACK Enthusiast

The WINNER!

5. WSAYERS80

WSAYERS80 Viper Owner

I have the GTS and a 71 Firebird 461ci Strocker. My dream cars!

6. Bugman Jeff

Bugman Jeff Viper Owner

Everybody and their grandmother has a 1st gen Camaro. You can't go to a car show in Podunk without at least three showing up.

7. crackleking

crackleking Enthusiast

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have a 98 rt/10 with 6,000 miles. They only made 127 of these in metallic silver, and that was it. I have to wonder how many are actually left in the world. Wherever I go, I always have eyes on me, and questions to be answered. I even had a police officer in a cruiser stop alongside of me one day, and gave me a thumbs up. It would be hard for me to sell my car, even with a huge profit, because, I know, probably never get another one like it. Also, I went to a drag track in N.C., and there were about 500 cars there of all styles, types, everything. There was not one VIPER, only mine.

8. denniskgb

denniskgb Enthusiast

My thoughts are the same. A friend mine asked me if I sold my viper to him what would get...another viper

9. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

Hey that might even be a pic of my car before I bought it. Great pic:headbang::headbang::headbang:

10. Gustfront

Gustfront Viper Owner

So I take it you went with a Gen II. What color?. I'm always interested to hear why people chose a certain color.

11. Darth Menace

Darth Menace Enthusiast

MustangII's were done being made by that time. The mustang fox body started in 79...so you have a really rare item there. That would be worth the deal

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  12. WSAYERS80

WSAYERS80 Viper Owner

i meant 78

13. thawk97

thawk97 Enthusiast

I agree the Gen II GT2 White & Blue is the absolute dream car. I think I'd take that over a Gen V even though the Gen V is amazing.

14. Darth Menace

Darth Menace Enthusiast

:( then not so rare :( I had a 76 and it sucked. The dark ages of Mustang. Anyway, back on topic. I love my GenII. The attention it gets is amazing, and you don't have a tonne of them at the car shows. Sure, the newer ones may be faster/handle better, but power can always be added to the GenII afterwards.

15. TAXIMAN1

TAXIMAN1 Viper Owner

If you have a real buyer for that car at $50k. Take the money, and run to the bank as fast as you can.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice car. But that is a ridiculously strong offer

16. Boxer12

Boxer12 Viper Owner

I did own both at the same time, and truly loved my GTS, but I have to admit that once the ACR was in the garage, the GTS rarely got driven... It's not just the extra ponies but the significant improvements of the car all around. Just sayin...why not drive one and see for yourself which you prefer?
    DSC07942.JPG
    GTS racing.jpg ACR racing.jpg

PS-I have never had anyone confuse my ACR for a Vette...that's a good one! (I've owned one of those too...)
    Vette Porsche .jpg

Why stick with the same car your whole life? Variety is the spice of life. Live a little!

I prefer some things about the hood of the G4...
    Donna_Viper.JPG

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  17. Camfab

Camfab Enthusiast

Are you sure, something tells me it'd be an airplane :)

18. Camfab

Camfab Enthusiast

Boxer That's just not right, I keep clickin that image and can't seem to find a Gen IV hood ;)

19. dragon rider

dragon rider Viper Owner

I had a Gen 3 with full exhaust, intake and a tune. The car made 492 rwhp and ran low 11's on ps2's. Great street driver/ mountain runner. I now have a 96 B/W GTS. headers full exhaust and intake. Haven't had it on the dyno yet, but the car feels strong. Low end, the car is very similar to the Gen 3. Top end, the Gen 3 pulls harder. A Gen 4 pulls much harder than a 3. If you like to drive hard all of the time, the Gen 3/4 inspires a lot more confidence. They just drive better and stop wayyyyyyy better. That being said, I love my Gen 2. Even going to club events in my Gen 3, I could not take my eyes off of the Gen 2's. They are truly ICONIC.

20. Zee

Zee Viper Owner

I really need to check out a gen IV and see the differnece between my gen II. That is the only car within my range that I would consider replacing my gen II with.

21. Invasivore

Invasivore Viper Owner

22. First Strike

First Strike Viper Owner

I currently own a GEN 3 that I truly love but wanted a new GEN V which would of resulted in selling the GEN 3 (financial reasons). Well I just purchased a GEN 2 GTS graphite/gray stripe completely stock with only 6000 miles on the odometer, this enables me to keep the GEN 3 also. Anticipation is killing me GTS is in route to me from out of state I always loved the look of the GEN 2 GTS

23. Zee

Zee Viper Owner

Congrats! Post some pics when you get her!

24. v10enomous

v10enomous Viper Owner

I hear what you are saying.

25. Boxer12

Boxer12 Viper Owner

Camfab..you have to keep looking and learn to concentrate! LOL

26. Ed9490

Ed9490 Enthusiast

I'm new to being a viper owner. Just sealed the deal today, and it needs to be shipped cross country.
    I recently attended the SRT drive event and drove all the different set ups available in the Gen V. It was awesome. I kept Being drawn to the blue n white one. I realized why. I've always wanted an all original 96. So I searched all over the country and found a low mile all original, cherry of a 96. I can always get the Gen V, but I needed to do this first.

27. Zee

Zee Viper Owner

How do you guys feel about supercharging a gen II? Reliability? Will it drastically hurt the value since only 53 B/W RTs were ever made?

28. 99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10 Enthusiast

I have 25K miles on my 99. Roe S/C, making 625/700 on 8lbs of boost.

29. 7TH_SIGN

7TH_SIGN Enthusiast

Reliability is fine as long as you dont over boost. If your looking to resell your Viper, then leave it stock. If you are trying to enjoy it, TURBO it!