Track Alignment Spec

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking for someone that has a track alignment spec for gen 3. I'll be running V700 and hoosier r6 if that makes any difference. Its all stock suspension. It will be also street driven.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stock- give it the most negative camber without breakin the rules

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The type of alignment you need depends on your skill level and the type of track you are driving on. The better the driver the more neutral (read loose) they like the car, they trade off some stability for more response. More novice drivers like the car more stable and to have a little push. This way they can drive fast without the constant fear of "spinning out".

High speed tracks favor an alignment with more stability, lower speed or tight tracks favor an alignment that gives better turn in. If a track is primarily left turns or right turns we can also give the car an asymetrical alignment that favors lefts or rights.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
C

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I'll be doing six different tracks this year. The main ones are Mid-Ohio, autobahn, road America, and putnam park. So I probably would have to change my alignment every track I go then right?

I read up a post on here about the gen 3 has the stock alignment for the run flats bit if I pulled the spec off the gen 4 it would give it the correct spec. Am I wrong or no?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you have stock suspension,forget about being tricky with all the technical specs,sounds like to me you are just getting into the sport,learn how to get to know the car,drive the car,and the differant tracks to car reaction before you get to picky with all these set-ups,put some negative camber in there(a little more than stock)and forget about it.you have to crawl before you walk sometimes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte