Tracking the 2003 Viper Convertible

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
"track events" meaning open track time? I would think that would depend on the tracks regulations. From what I understand, most will allow roadsters, some allow them only with roll bars, some with hardtops.

Viper Days? That's a good question ....

Skip? Can you answer?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to recall that this thread came and went a little while back, but without knowing whether Dodge will have an optional hardtop or otherwise address the situation, I think people just don't have much to discuss on it.

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
There is at least 3 other 2003 threads that address these concerns. There is no doubt in my mind, as was the case with our original roadsters, that it won't take long for aftermarket suppliers to install roll bars (heck, even our existing Cars don't come factory equipped with this option), and if necessary for SCCA racing, hardtops. I would bet Autoform and Biff at VMANIA can't wait until they can get their hands on a new 2003 to make the template!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I see a Honda s2000 racing in Speedvision Challenge with a removeable hardtop (and I'm sure plenty of roll cages and safety equip)? I would guess we would be race-ready if we did the same thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave