TT with Nitrous

miamispd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 99 GTS with a Roe Blower (10 lbs. of boost) with a 325 shot of spray. Car was quick and moved out really ******* the hit (street car).

I now have a 2001 GTS. The motor is coming out and new forged pistons, rods and billet main caps are going in. Heads and cam are also being done.

I have ordered Paolo's TT side mount kit. His kit made close to 900 rwhp on Jody Gleason's stock car. I am guessing that I should be able to make in the range of 1050 rwhp. I don't think that that will be enough to play with the FAST street cars down here in S. FL. Therefore, I am looking to make more power using Paolo's set up. I do not want to go to bigger turbos so I thought why not spary it with a 150-200 shot. This not a big shot but it is certainly enough to give me the hit that I am looking for.

Anyone have any experience on running nitrous on a TT set up. If so, is there anything that I should be aware of. My plans are to have the spray activate immediately at WOT and stay on during full boost.

Your thoughts are very much appreciated.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOu will not need nitrous! Just turn up the boost! YOu should be able to make 1200rwhp or more @20-22 psi, race gas,buit motor, ported heads, and a decent cam. If you need more HP than this you will not be able to put down more than 1000rwhp unti you go over 100mph with DR tires. Drag radials will allow you to run 1200 rwhp in 4th gear somewhere but probably not until 120+ MPH. Otherwise you will be going sideways at 120mph, not fun.

You can probably make upto 1300 rwhp with his kit but at 25+psi.

pedro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MSD Boost control.Turn up the boost in 3 stages.You start off with stage#1 with 8lbs Boost stage#2- 20lbs stage#3-30lbs.On my race car we use nitrous to spool the turbos to get off the line quicker:2tu:

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coming from the guy with the fastest Roe Blower on the planet, who now has a TT Viper, I would take his advise!

YOu will not need nitrous! Just turn up the boost! YOu should be able to make 1200rwhp or more @20-22 psi, race gas,buit motor, ported heads, and a decent cam. If you need more HP than this you will not be able to put down more than 1000rwhp unti you go over 100mph with DR tires. Drag radials will allow you to run 1200 rwhp in 4th gear somewhere but probably not until 120+ MPH. Otherwise you will be going sideways at 120mph, not fun.

You can probably make upto 1300 rwhp with his kit but at 25+psi.

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahah, funny thing is...in this neck of the woods anything over 500 hp is huge. SOunds like with the cars in the south you need almost 4 digit horsepower just to not get laughed at

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960