TURBO LAG.....

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless the new AEM units are different than the '09 units (I haven't read into the updated features); he still needs a boost controller.

I agree that any high power AEM tuner can set up a good launch control (double step) for the car.

Nick

The AEM has not changed besides software and firmware updates, and it has always been able to control boost among many many other things that you can dream of. The problem with most is they have no idea what it can do.

And considering what Roysviper does to up the boost my bet is the AEM is already controlling the boost, which will make setting up launch control much much easier.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ

I agree.....Heffners did the complete install of everything. Soooo if my Son can't take what you guys have said here and figure it out then I will get ahold of Jason to get it set up...It would be nice to learn to do this myself but I for sure don't want to mess up the tunes he put in the AEM... :headbang:

Roysviper,

Before you have your son do anything make sure once he sets up coms with the AEM he saves the map in a separate location from where he will be doing his adjustments, then just let him go nuts. Worst case is you will have to load the original file back into the AEM which takes 30 seconds.

If you get stumped dont hesitate to call AEM they have one of the best technical support teams anywhere, and they stand behind their product no matter what. And if its still to complicated for you(which is often the case) just send me a mail or post in here and I will get you a phone number of someone that can set it up for you.

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all this input from everyone is very interesting....keep up the great advice and recomendations! Thanks!!!:2tu: :eater: :rolleyes:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have M/T Street Slicks, Unitrex Half Shafts and axle straps, AEM with 2 Tunes in it from HEFFNERS, low boost and high boost, launch at 5000 rpm and not a drop of wheel spin with 60' of 1.58. After about 10-20 feet out pull like a freight train thru the entire pass running 108 mph at 6.75 e.t.,

First, I would want to see a data log of one of your runs to see if you actually had boost lag. With 35's and launching at 5000 something doesn't sound right. You would really have to be losing RPM for them to lag.
You need for someone to show you how to down load the logs.....it's possible that if you don't have a lot of run time on the car since your drag pass that the logs from your drag passes are still in the AEM.

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, I would want to see a data log of one of your runs to see if you actually had boost lag. With 35's and launching at 5000 something doesn't sound right. You would really have to be losing RPM for them to lag.
You need for someone to show you how to down load the logs.....it's possible that if you don't have a lot of run time on the car since your drag pass that the logs from your drag passes are still in the AEM.

Thanks Tony.....If anyone should know, you would, you are the man for sure! That being the case, that has me wondering what causes that slight pause between the launch and about the first 20-30 ft before the hard pull?? I put in new plugs, Heffner said use Autolite and gapped at .028. Have new Quality wires. With no wheelspin at 5000, (stupid question) is it possible to get too much traction? I run 12-14 lbs of air. I wonder if I should put more air in the tires? Thank you for the input! :confused: :2tu: :rolleyes:

OP
OP
R

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First.it's possible that if you don't have a lot of run time on the car since your drag pass that the logs from your drag passes are still in the AEM.

I forgot to mention....I havn't raced it since that pass. I don't race very often because I want to take care of my car and don't consider it as a full time race car. I just like to race once in a while and when I do, like to try and have it running as best as I can and not beat the car up. When I leave the track I baby the heck out of it and I don't street race at all. I will be meeting Mike at our track here in HOLT, FL on 13 May and race and that will be it for awhile..(Emerald Coast Dragway, HOLT, FL) :) :2tu:

Seb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can throw a bunch of fuel at it to generate some heat in the exhaust and pull some timing out as well. This well assist in spolling up at the line. I assume your strategy in the ecm is speed density ( manifold pressure vs rpm)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960