Turbo vs Supercharger

mxz900

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I can gather the turbo is the cheaper of the 2 upgrades (with respect to the units themselves - no internal upgrades) and has the capability of adding more hp (twin turbo options).

I assume there is more lag with turbos. True?

What is the seat of the pants experience with both? Does turbo give more of an uncontrollable hp increase, meaning it takes longer to kick in, but when it hits it hits hard? And is supercharger more of a smooth power increase?

Is either more or less maintenance than the other? Are they equally reliable?

For someone who is not going to a drag strip or track, but looking for the power to truly enjoy the street even more, which is recommended?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I can gather the turbo is the cheaper of the 2 upgrades (with respect to the units themselves - no internal upgrades) and has the capability of adding more hp (twin turbo options).

I assume there is more lag with turbos. True?

What is the seat of the pants experience with both? Does turbo give more of an uncontrollable hp increase, meaning it takes longer to kick in, but when it hits it hits hard? And is supercharger more of a smooth power increase?

Is either more or less maintenance than the other? Are they equally reliable?

For someone who is not going to a drag strip or track, but looking for the power to truly enjoy the street even more, which is recommended?

YEs

No

No

Yes

Yes

No

Maybe

No

YEs

Yes

No

Huh?:lmao:

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the only part of the system you buy are two turbos...then I guess that would be the cheaper route. But I'm not sure how fast they are without the rest of the components.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, its more costly to do turbos. I think the thoses who claim turbos are cheaper, dont own vipers but own supra's or similiar cars that have factory turbos already. CPE has a cheap kit. it was 10k but I believe that was parts own. he would install it for another 3-4k. you can get a stock paxton done for 10k or maybe a little less. Roe is a DIY kit (7500 for the Roe).

OP
OP
M

mxz900

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Really useful responses. Appears there are more dic* heads on this site than those willing to share their experience or knowledge.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really useful responses. Appears there are more dic* heads on this site than those willing to share their experience or knowledge.

That's because there are probably hundreds of posts on this topic. It has been hashed out, rehashed out and hashed out over and over again. It's all here on the site, already posted for you.

Do some searches on it....really, you'll be surprised how much info you'll find.:2tu:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And it only took you 2 posts for this brilliant piece of articulation???

OK, for future reference, take all your subsequent posts to the New Owner Questions area. Trust me, these folks have actually been quite kind to you considering, as some have mentioned, you did absolutely no homework before asking numerous questions that require rather extensive responses.

Everyone's remarkably willing to help you out around here....but not the way you came in the door.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear 1BADGTS is an expert on charged Viper engines and their durability. He says, and I quote but not in exact language: only 2 Vipers have ever survived hard driving without failing.

Of course my personal experience differs with that. However, his experience, of which none is based on actual ownership of said vehicles, is absolute and final. Evan said so.

Sorry for stirring the ***. I just had too much of 1BAD and his new mission to inform the entire world that supercharged and turbocharged Vipers cannot live and no one should ever purchase one or modify one.

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hear 1BADGTS is an expert on charged Viper engines and their durability. He says, and I quote but not in exact language: only 2 Vipers have ever survived hard driving without failing.

Of course my personal experience differs with that. However, his experience, of which none is based on actual ownership of said vehicles, is absolute and final. Evan said so.

Sorry for stirring the ***. I just had too much of 1BAD and his new mission to inform the entire world that supercharged and turbocharged Vipers cannot live and no one should ever purchase one or modify one.

OH and dont forget to tell him your trap speed or he will haunt you!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala