Uhg,...This is Killing me...

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I'm a new owner, Sorta.

Found myself a 'Great' deal on a 2005 Copperhead. Almost 10k below low blue-book. Car was 9.5 outa 10 visually inside & out. Independent inspection showed good compression, strong engine, perfect frame/suspension. Engine compartment like new. One owner car/ clear Carfax. 20k miles. :2tu:

Factory Warranty expired 4 days before my inspection was done. My mechanic did find that the left front shock absorber was leaking & needed replacement, AND (the Big 'And') the Diff was leaking and prolly needed to be replaced.

The dealer I bought the car from had the Diff looked at 2 months prior to the warranty expiring by a local Dodge dealer in Sacto, and they completely missed it. Well my guy finds it and its gotta be fixed. I negotiated with my local dealer to repair both issues for 1000k. The dealer I bought the car from gave me a 1k discount. Done deal. :)

The front shock is fixed. The Diff is on Backorder.:(

So now I have this absolutely Beautiful car sitting in my garage. I've polished everything at least twice. Out of sheer frustration I've even ordered up an MGW "First Strike" shift knob, which I'll swap out myself when it gets here.:cool:

The bottom line is the car sits, I stare at it alot, and the dealer said it may be a month or three before the part comes in.

Sweet Torture.
:puppy:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
WELCOME....

CANCEL THE DIFF !!

You should consider a PartsRack 3:55 rear diff, trade-in your leaker, and service / install /replace the diff at UNITRAX in Anaheim SAME DAY! Your car will accelerate 15% faster/quicker, slow down faster, and have useable 5th and 6th gears. NO TAX ! And it wont leak.

[We have 7 diffs on the shelf at Unitrax.] You can also choose 3:33 or 3:73, lets talk first.

PS we would have replaced your shock under $300..............

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WELCOME....

CANCEL THE DIFF !!

You should consider a PartsRack 3:55 rear diff, trade-in your leaker, and service / install /replace the diff at UNITRAX in Anaheim SAME DAY! Your car will accelerate 15% faster/quicker, slow down faster, and have useable 5th and 6th gears. NO TAX ! And it wont leak.

[We have 7 diffs on the shelf at Unitrax.] You can also choose 3:33 or 3:73, lets talk first.

PS we would have replaced your shock under $300..............

Jon-PM me a quote on the diff. As it stands now, I might be able to get a pro-rated refund. Would like to get it done, She needs me & I need her.:D

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon-PM me a quote on the diff. As it stands now, I might be able to get a pro-rated refund. Would like to get it done, She needs me & I need her.:D

We cannot handle the *** and maintain sanity.

Your profile is blank, so please email me [email protected] or CALL 360 837 3937.

Figure around ~~$1000-$1200 with some ASSumptions........ Thank You.

PS With the author's permission Ill send you an article from the newest MOTOR CITY VIPER OWNERS Newsletter titled "Got Gears?"

Last edited:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In support of Jon's offer, do not hesitate to take your car to Unitrax in Anaheim. Those guys have done tons of these diffs, and that 3:55 is fantastic for a street driven 05.

Bet if you ask Devin at Unitrax nicely they would even install the replacement shock for you when you are there.

Great deal all around.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the "wait two months for the dealer to fix it" ....once. Shelling out the dough to fix it now and not have to wait is worth the money.

Why fix it when you can upgrade? call Parts Rack get a quaife

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
BolsOut,

Unitrax is a good vendor who stands behind their work and they support our local club.

Dan

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously if you want to drive the viper now and do the right thing call JonB. He will help you out. No need to wait for who knows how long

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang