Update on window sticker!!!!!!!!!!

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called the dealer my car came from originally, and instructed him exactly how the WIZARD said to do this request. I was told by the general sales manager that he would try and see what he could do. I was doubtful to say the very least. figuring the guy tossed my name and number in the trash after i got off the phone with him. My car is a 97 gts and i am the 2nd owner so this guy doesnt know me from Adam. WELL, to my surprise i got a call from him today saying he placed the order with dodge and as far as he could see, it was successful and he should get it in a week. he is going to call me when it arrives and ship it to me all for free!!! THANKS TO THE TATORIFIC WIZARD FOR HIS HELP, and (PLUG) thanks to STRONGSVILLE DODGE in Ohio for the monroney report. i will let you know when it arrives. good luck guys.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very awesome! The GM I talked to said he had called his dealer rep about getting a copy of mine but the rep was sick so he hasnt got any return phone calls yet. If I dont know anything more in a week, I'll call him back and ask him to try it the Wizard's way

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no cost so far, i would expect him to mail it for free. cant see him asking for a 3 dollar check to priority mail it to me. but if he did. it is money welll spent, right!

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am gald to see you got satisfaction..especially for a 97
viper. I am happy for you and can understand the need as well as the frustration.
I bought a 2006 FE coupe from Ed Moses dodge in Scottsdale, AZ.....it has the window sticker in place but in the section
that has "especially built for".. it has some guys name. Well, I have been asking for weeks to have them do a reprint with my name on it ...and its been back and forth with "that cant be done" " we can't do that" , etc. etc.

I had it done before on a previous viper I bought new..and I dont understand the resistance I am getting ..espeacially
with this NEW 06 First Edition coupe.

Am I asking for too much?????

Is it possible to get a re-print with my name on it since they are re-printing it...or.. to just keep the name off.

any advise or knowlege on this matter would be apprecited.

Thanks
Bob

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well to answer you question, this is what chuck tator told me as being FACT. 1. only the selling dealer can get this sticker for you. 2. IT CAN BE REORDERED IF THEY WANT TO DO IT!!!3. in your case, if the car was ordered for someone and the sticker reads as such, only the original issued sticker will read this way. AN ORDERED REPRINT WILL HAVE ALL THE SAME INFORMATION, OPTIONS, AND PRICING as the original, but the section on who it was built for is out. so in answering your question, i would say, your reprint, can be done but your name will not be added to the new sticker, nor will the original guy that ordered the car.

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
only thing that gets me is where you wrote you had this done on a previous viper. if you were referring to a sticker reprint, yes it is true and possible, but if you were reffing to a reprint and having your name added to it, then this goes beyond what tator told me was possible so which was it. obviously if you were reffeing to the later of my questions then you answered your own question you asked, YES IT IS POSSIBLE IF YOU GOT IT DONE ONCE SO.....

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks v10kingsnake for you posts

I will try once again to ask the dealer to do a reprint
and hopefully like you said..the persons name will not
be on the reprint at least.But they just dont care at this point..because they got thier money and they just dont want to be bothered with me any more.even thought I have tip-toed through the process to make it easy for them..

But as to your other question...about a name being added to
a previous reprint...I did have this done when I bought my 99 ACR silver w/ blue stripes ..it was brand new on the showroom floor in Miami....and without any problems Steve Henry from Maronee Dodge provide me with a re-print with my name on the "espeacially built for" section.... I still have the window sticker....I have since sold the car and the original sticker went with the car ( of course), but I kept the reprint.

maybe re-prints are not done like they use to ..but I was only asking for it for my 06.. because I had it done before
from this other dealer in 99,And since I bought this 06 coupe a month or so ago..I thought it might be a little easyer than if I was trying to get one for a 97 viper..but I guess not.

sorry for any confusion based on my wording.

any further help or sugestions would be appreiated.

Thanks again
viperbob

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are lucky. I did the same thing... talked to the original dealership but what they told me is... "it can't be done. We can only go back one year." :mad: I even told them the steps that Chuck mentioned but no luck.

I have the 2002 FE. I checked the FE site and printed what is in there just to have a copy of some sort but when I printed it they just don't come out right. I guessed I will try to see if a photoshop can fix it.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
question - is the reprint sent from dodge and looks identical to original or is
it simply printed from the printer at the dealership. also if the dealer can print
it with your name on it can they order or print 2, one with your name and one
with no name.

HELP CHUCK CAN YOU ANSWER THIS OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER

thanks in advance for any help on this

tom

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I never got anywhere with anyone at Dodge about getting a new window sticker, and I had just about given up and was looking into a copy, when lo and behold, there was the orignal! Problem solved for me. Nana-na-na-nah-nah!

Anyhoew, good news on the reprint!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Window sticker thread from a week or so ago....

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=636138&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Wizard's replys......

ALL original selling Dealers have access to re-print a "Monroney Label" [window sticker] and they can go back four years. Any older that Dealer has to submit in writing a request for the sticker to their zone office.
I guess most Dealers don't want to be bothered!

Tell that idiot at that Dealership to log into "Dealer Connect" then click on the "Sales" tab, on the right hand side of the homepage for "Sales", under "Reports and Information" THE FIRST LINE SAYS "Monroney Reprint Request"!!!!

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
update on this issue... 6 weeks going on 7 and still waiting. i called the dealer today and he said it has never taken this long to get one, but that this is the oldest car he has ever tried to request. good news was that he said when he tried to resubmit another request, the system will kick it back not allowing it to go into the system saying request already in process!!! hopefully i see it soon. after 10 weeks time i will give up... keep you guys posted.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can I find out what dealer 1st sold my car?

You can call DC (800#) and they will have that info...

I did this and they told me who sold my 97 GTS by the VIN#, only thing is the dealership could not or would not help me in getting the window sticker.

There use to be a guy on Ebay that specialized in window stickers, but, he has long since gone out of business...

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the dealership that originally sold my car. The guy called his factory rep and was told that the database does not go back far enough to get a copy of my 96' window sticker :(

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what it looks like.... I was told that one year after production, the info is gone. I tried to get one for my '94 in '97 and it was a "Sorry, only keep needed info for one years". Maybe they keep it longer now. If it is correct, it should have the color, any options (stripes?), prices, gas guzzler, delivery, mso dealers name, MDH, vin, and a few codes that nobody can tell me what they mean :)

mambasticker.jpg

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why is it so important to keep the sticker?

It is one of the few pieces of info that now comes with cars....

In the "old days" (before class action law suits :) ) many of the manufacturers used to bury "Build Sheet's" in the cars as they built them. They were hid under carpets, behind seats, in all sort of interesting places. These had a lot of information on the cars build, now all we have is the window sticker, so it is nice to have one to "go with the car"

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are actual called Broadcast Sheets in Mopars. And yes they used to put them under carpet, behind the glove box, stuffed in the seat springs and so on. They still used these sheets to build the cars but they do not put them with the cars anymore.

They are now called Travelers Packs. It's plastic container that goes with the car down the line and has all the information about the car in it. It would have the shim report, water leak test, build specs, dyno test and so on. I was very lucky (with the help of some friends) in getting my Travelers pack with all that info! I do not know of anyone else that has a Travelers Packet. Dodge was not very happy I got mine and wanted it back!

why is it so important to keep the sticker?

It is one of the few pieces of info that now comes with cars....

In the "old days" (before class action law suits :) ) many of the manufacturers used to bury "Build Sheet's" in the cars as they built them. They were hid under carpets, behind seats, in all sort of interesting places. These had a lot of information on the cars build, now all we have is the window sticker, so it is nice to have one to "go with the car"