Upgrading stereo...

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone here gone beyond what WANTED did and still kept the factory rbq or rb1 navigation unit? (WANTED: great job on the pics and info by the way)! I was thinking about going with an all focal setup but I want to keep everything up front no taking amps to the trunk etc! I'm slowly modify my viper as the $$ keep coming in and was thinking stereo is next since this thing has more then enough power for me! Waiting on my IPOD ICruze to come in as well now!

Wondering if the following will work with the rb1:
http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/Article_detail.asp?id=224&Section_Id=184

Also I wanted to swap out all the stock speakers with focal's so what sizes are there? I think I heard there are 8 speakers!!

whip383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey ricky, havent put the focal s in the srt, but when i had my gts, they rocked. i am literally deaf from them. they were so clean. i had the utopia series in the whole car. i did 6.5 and tweets up front with a 27wx sub in the back. it was awesome. working on a set up for the srt right now, ill let u know, the avic n2 is pretty cool, just need to figure how to bypass the lockout features.

chan

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chan,
The lockout can't be bypassed on the n2 from what I'm hearing! I was going to go with the n2 but then I went with the factory look on the headunit. Now I'm sort of regreting it. Which speakers are you putting in the srt? All utopia again? Can you post up the sizes that go in each spot?? I just want to keep an eye out on a good deal for when I put them in. I will be doing it with a stock rb1 mopar headunit and the top converter! Thanks!

Ricky