Used AMB 260 Transponders?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for 2 of the hardwired versions. I'll have to buy them in the next week or so, but thought I'd try here first.
Having access to mylaps is really no big deal to me, as we've already got full Traqmate systems in both cars. I just hate to shell out almost another grand for these.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you can find 'em......they have such a lock (via patent and distribution) on the protocol that the prices never seem to come down. I hate those guys.....

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No kidding! I know we might have gone a bit overboard with electronics on our TR's, but with the TraqDash, Cool Suit, Communications, Cameras, and now adding the transponders, we're gonna have half the cost of the car added again from our add-ons. lol
If you don't care about mylaps, and they don't have to manage anything for you related to it, I just cant get it through my head why something that simply sends out a signal costs $450! They make ones for R/C cars for like $80. What's the difference? You only need it to transmit enough to reach the receiver each time you cross the finish line.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There really is no technology reason why they cost that much. Apparently they did a good job patenting the communication mechanism (protocol, frequency....not sure) and then getting all the tracks to install the readers at the S/F line. Now any competitor with an equally viable technology that can't use the communication protocol has to get all the tracks to change and we know that isn't going to happen quickly. They could sell it for $100 and make a ton of money, but being responsible monopolists they charge $400 and make a 90% margin ;-(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456