V-10 in Challenger?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from my friendly local Dodge Dealer.

Spent some time with the parts guy who knows my Viper. He mentioned that rumor is that V-10 will be put in Challenger. He went to accessory rack and pulled down a Mefisto (sp) model Challenger with a Viper V-10 installed. Looked very factory in design.

He also mentioned that word is that there may be a V-10 Grand Cherokee.

Stay thirsty my friends :drive:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You were at VOI right? Did you attend the dinner in the ice skating stadium? That is where they unveiled the Challenger V10 drag pack.. Ralph was indeed hinting at a SRT-10 Grand Cherokee concept drawing and all :)

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When did Ralph hint at an SRT-10 Grand Cherokee? I would have remebered that as I WANT that bad. New Cherokee is much better than the one outgoing. I had issues with the 07'. New one looks to be and having test driven it, a very good truck.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean sort of like this?

With a new 6.4-liter V8 due out for the 2011 Dodge Challenger, you'd expect the 2011 model year version of the special edition Mopar Drag Pak model to also get the more powerful engine… but you'd be wrong. In it's place is something even better: the Viper's 8.4-liter V10! That's right, with 512 cubic inches of displacement, the engine makes 600-hp and 560 ft-lbs of torque.

Also included in the package is a 2-speed automatic transmission, fuel cell, light weight polycarbonate door windows, lightweight drag racing front brakes and racing wheels and tires. And of course, it's a full body-in-white with everything stripped out so you can take it straight to the track.

Just 70 versions of the Mopar Challenger V10 Drag Pak will be built, for the price of $85,512. Like street cars, Dodge will offer option packs, including a $7,950 Competition Package with an eight-point coll cage, six-point safety harnesses and a mesh window net. There's also a $950 Mopar Body Logo Wrap, or paint for $6,800.

Dodge will officially reveal the new Mopar Challenger V10 Drag Pack at the SEMA Show in early November.

Attachments

• 2011-mopar-challenger-v10-drag-pak00.jpg
    2011-mopar-challenger-v10-drag-pak00.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 13

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grand Cherokee SRT-10 are going to be built but not with a V10 supposed to be able to be Ordered in January or Feb My local dealer has 3 in the system already I have been told.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grand Cherokee SRT-10 are going to be built but not with a V10 supposed to be able to be Ordered in January or Feb My local dealer has 3 in the system already I have been told.

I am confused. If it is a SRT10 with out the V10, that means it is not an SRT10. That means its an SRT8.

Am I the only one not following here??:confused:

ITV - Where you hear that boyo? :eater:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't you see his concept drawing during the Dodge Night presentation with the black 10 spoke SRT-wheels and him mentioning "hint, hint" ??

I am confused. If it is a SRT10 with out the V10, that means it is not an SRT10. That means its an SRT8.

Am I the only one not following here??:confused:

ITV - Where you hear that boyo? :eater:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said, at the Dodge Night presentation and it had the 10 spoke SRT rims.

When did Ralph hint at an SRT-10 Grand Cherokee? I would have remebered that as I WANT that bad. New Cherokee is much better than the one outgoing. I had issues with the 07'. New one looks to be and having test driven it, a very good truck.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, I missed that one. It must have been when I was standing in line at the bar for one hour to get my 1/2 shot *** and cokes. I mean one *** and coke at a time. Thanks Utah alcohol law.

I missed our club photo up on the stage as well getting my second drink of the night. That and I only had two drinks all night. Fricken sssssssllllllllloooooowwwww bar service. One and only complaint of the entire weekend. Not a VCA issue thoguh.

SEMA is only a month away so I guess we will see what they cook up. I would love to see it, but ONLY if they hook it up to the new 8 speed tranny and incorporate the new MultiAir system. Needs some mpgs in the daily driver.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960