V-10 Nationals........In my own Words...................

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An excellent event(Thanks Roof! and Prashant)!

Most arrived thursday nite to thunderstorms. Friday morning was rainy as well until about 10 am.

Track opened at 12:00 and we finally started time runs at about 2 pm.
Friday was the "Street tire Shootout". Not much in the way of track prep so traction was limiting for all parties concerned. There were several contenders including Dr. Roof, 1Tony1, CudaMan, Fuelman, Greek(steve)and several others, most of which were using S/C as power adders. It came down to myself and 1Tony1 in the final, Tony Red Lit with a .498 to my .505 Green. My best time of the day on Stock Tires was 11.06 at 139+ MPH.

The "heavy hitters" were all tuning with slicks(M/T Streets) running mid 9's.

H>M>S> brought a lightened GTS with TT/NOS/Powerglide auto trans and laid down a 9.28 for the quickest v-10 viper to date....I believe.

SATURDAY..as you have already read, RSI took the unlimited class, I took Mod 2, Steve (greek) took Mod 1. I severly smoked the clutch on my first pass on Saturday and was only able to muster a 9.9 at 143.87, but it was good enough to hold off the hard charging Dr. Roof (10.22 at 141 mph), 1Tony1, and Ward Reasoner (10.36 at 13? mph) Lee Saunders had the quickest elapsed time in Mod 2 (9.89).

AWARDS:.....RSI got Top Tuner
H>M>S> got quickest e.t, best 60'
John Canal(fuelman) got best 60' on street tires
Albert C/Rohn Kittel got Unlimited Title
Albert C/Rohn Kittel got Unlimited MPH...I believe
SW got All Motor Title
Tom Welch got Mod 2 Title
Tom Welch got Street tire Title
Tom Welch got best reaction time of event (.505 light)
Tom Welch got high MPH on street tires

Personnally, I had a great time and the Texas racers are loads of fun, with CAPS on hand Mark H and the HOS posse', I'm sure there are no Virgins left in BG! Theres more left in Dr. Roof's DLM car. I look forward to the next event.

Tom

P.S. Sorry if I forgot some info, its late....early and Im in a hotel halfway home at 2 am.

2 quick notes: 6 Different cars made 9 second passes
TWO RSI Cars
TWO BTR Cars
ONE TNT Car
ONE H>M>S> Car

OH!! and Tom Welch took the " Fastest and Quickest Tow Vehicle" Honors. Took down a Duramax and a Powerstroke (SW)with my 03' Cummins Dodge!

Reaction score
The H>M>S> car ran a 9.38 instead of the 9.28 posted above. Tom did have a fast as hell Dodge tow truck!! Smoke all others on the track!!

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Again,

Just got home.

There were other winners; 1Tony1 got best e.t. on street tires, John Canal got best 60' time on street tires, SW got best reaction time on Saturday.....and several others that I can't remember. There were also trophies for 2nd and 3rd place finishers of each class of racing. The trophies were very nice and the class winners also received a Lazart(sp) etched glass Viper desk top plaque(these are very nice pieces)

H>M>S> did run a 9.28 on Saturday after the event, during open testing and tuning. Many racers had already left. He performed a NASCAR style victory lap after the run!

There were 50+ paid entries but I don't know the exact count of cars on hand. There were NO cars on hand from SVS or Heffners that I know of.

Tom

Reaction score
Hello Again,

Just got home.

There were other winners; 1Tony1 got best e.t. on street tires, John Canal got best 60' time on street tires, SW got best reaction time on Saturday.....and several others that I can't remember. There were also trophies for 2nd and 3rd place finishers of each class of racing. The trophies were very nice and the class winners also received a Lazart(sp) etched glass Viper desk top plaque(these are very nice pieces)

H>M>S> did run a 9.28 on Saturday after the event, during open testing and tuning. Many racers had already left. He performed a NASCAR style victory lap after the run!

There were 50+ paid entries but I don't know the exact count of cars on hand. There were NO cars on hand from SVS or Heffners that I know of.

Tom

Sorry Tom I did not see that run as for I was helping RSI load all there cars up for the long hall home!

Reaction score
it was great seeing all from Florida again..we will be coming to your state soon!

Don't forget your ride then Prashant!! :D
You must be registered for see images

Your "Don't Mess With Texas" t-shirt came out true. I never doubted it!! Texas is the only place for FAST VIPERS PERIOD!! :usa:

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom
you came to Kentucky and cleaned house Congrats. I appreciate you making the Trip!

thanks to your wife for the Coffee mug!

Hope to see ya on the strip sometime soon!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Again,

Just got home.

Tom

Thanks Tom, I am proud of my radial tire pass, seems like it went down hill the rest of the weekend for me. A few have asked the times on that pass, it was:
1.636 sixty, 7.125 1/8 @ 101, 10.93 1/4 @ 131.2

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang