Valentine One Falsing

jeffdai

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned all Whistler remote radar detectors except for one Bel remote detector i bought for the corvette because the magazines showed its range so much superior. With the Bel, it constantly had false alarms, my whistlers never have false alarms, although im sure the range suffers some. My question is, does the Valentine one false much? The falses drive me crazy. I need to get a new detector before i leave for florida in a couple weeks though and im seriously consindering a valentine one. Also does the valentine offer vg-2 cloaking, as i drive in va quite a bit.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It falses because it picks up many signals other detectors would miss. use Logic or advanced logic to quiet it down. Also, if you live in an area that does not use X band for radar, you can turn it off altogether. One of the most annoying things is how certain brake lights and Neon signs will set off the Laser alert, as they are similar frequency. (GM cars of course, who else could make a stupid move like that)

Yes, V1 has VG-2 Cloaking.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the V1 in a BIG city with little "falsing". Half of the falsing is due to extreme sensitivity to ACTUAL radar. SO many times, I've gotten an early alarm that I was just about to ignore and accelerate when low and behold, there's the cop. I no longer disregard ANY alarm. The V1 is right WAY too often.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They all false,if not they would be near $4000.not $400.
V1 has the locator feature everyone digs.
You shouldn't speed locally and when on the highway you should be going fast enough to never see flashing lights or have em catch you.Hence a perfect world:)

Drmcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is falsing and there is falsing. Mine did that also and then went into spasms of always on. Sent it back to Valentine for a rebuild and been fine ever since. If yours doesn't change with change from highway to city, may be a problem.

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chevy Trailblazer brakelights set off the laser warning on my V1. Scares the hell out of me every time.
I find that after some time you can "read" what the V1 is telling you. True cop radar alerts have a diffrent "feel" to them that you learn to hear with experence. But hey I'm with CitySnake; I pay attentinon to all but the most "known" falses.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how old is your V1? if it is older you may want to call them or go the web site and see if it is time to update the unit to current specs.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HATE the laser falses!! That scares the ***** out of me too! I too have learned what a real cop usually sounds like. If KA goes off, my brakes come on, period.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The directional features of the Valentine help you quickly evaluate where the signals are coming from. With this additional aid you learn to sift out the false signals from the real ones. Like several above have said, you develop a "feel" for real signals. The Valentine is expensive, but it's the very best! :2tu: