value of ported heads and manifold

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a complete set of ported heads. The car they came off was na it ran high 10's 131mph. Also came with rockers. Not sure what kind tho. Oh 65 mm throttle bodies too. What is this worth roughly as a lackage?

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top dollar would be $2500-$3000 depending on what else was done to the heads and when/how many miles ago...aka upgraded valves and hardware, etcetera.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I forget on the earlier ones, but does gen 1 vs 2 matter for heads? Might modify value slightly if they'll only work for one or the other.

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to find out who ported them. Yes used off a gen 2. Must be a decent port job to do over 130mph in the 1/4. I might send them to Mr.Good to look at them. Maybe he did them? That would be great then!

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure im gonna take them to get looked at or send them to Greg Good. The guy said the mainfold was ported though. If I decide to do the paxton ill just try to sell all of but I want to figure out what is exactly done so I know what im selling. Guy gave me diamond pistons, stock piston, stock cam, stock rockers. Crower. 1.7 rockers not sure if there the good ones tho.. Stock valves.etc. Tons of stuff I have to go thru.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Are you sure it's for a Gen 2? The 65mm TBs were generally used on the Gen I cars.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the car ran in the10's NA then the heads are pretty damn good. Would be wise to have Greg Good look at them as he'll know a lot about them just by examining them. If he did them they'd be worth more than if their provenance is unknown. Good luck with them.

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Yea my last car had Greg Good heads. If these are his im lucky to get them!