Valvoline SynPower 5w-40 - seems like a great deal at Amazon...

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This stuff is their Turbo-Diesel and European Spec synthetic oil. It has more ZDDP than the other oils, and from what I can gather, it seems like good stuff.

Amazon has it on sale right now for about $32 for a six-pack, free delivery and no tax. You do have to sign up for their "automatic delivery" program to get a 15% discount that brings the price down to this level, but you can cancel that at any time (they give you notice before shipping something to you, and you can opt out with the click of a button).

I'm already stocked up on Mobil1 0w-40 from an Autozone deal that ran a little while ago, but I might sign up for six month delivery intervals of this stuff to add to my stockpile. Definitely seems like a good deal, and having it delivered to your doorstep for free seems like a nice hassle-free way to go...

If interested, just go to Amazon and search on "Valvoline VV966" and you'll see your options.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was 109F on Saturday, with my temp gauge hovering around 230F in stop/go traffic and the AC on max. Oil pressure at 53psi. It gave me great comfort to know I was running Mobil1 15w50 in the motor.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This stuff is their Turbo-Diesel and European Spec synthetic oil. It has more ZDDP than the other oils, and from what I can gather, it seems like good stuff.

Amazon has it on sale right now for about $32 for a six-pack, free delivery and no tax. You do have to sign up for their "automatic delivery" program to get a 15% discount that brings the price down to this level, but you can cancel that at any time (they give you notice before shipping something to you, and you can opt out with the click of a button).

I'm already stocked up on Mobil1 0w-40 from an Autozone deal that ran a little while ago, but I might sign up for six month delivery intervals of this stuff to add to my stockpile. Definitely seems like a good deal, and having it delivered to your doorstep for free seems like a nice hassle-free way to go...

If interested, just go to Amazon and search on "Valvoline VV966" and you'll see your options.

Hard to beat the Autozone deal. I stocked up and probably have 50+ quarts. They usually go on sale every other 3 months or so.

OP
OP
M

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to beat the Autozone deal. I stocked up and probably have 50+ quarts. They usually go on sale every other 3 months or so.

I did the same thing - and got about a dozen Mobil 1 filters in the process. The problem is they won't ship oil anymore, and I don't have a store near me. So, I was out looking for a good online source of synthetic oil and stumbled across the Amazon deal. I've never used Valvoline SynPower before, but the spec sheets seem pretty good.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O'Reilly is doing 5 quarts and a filter for $32.99 currently on the Mobil 1 0W-40, I got 20 quarts worth and filters for some DD's.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala