VCA member killed last night in Traffic accident

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truly sad that one of our Club members had passed, my prayers go out to his family and his friends :(

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad and unfortunate news indeed. God Bless and our deepest condolences for his family and friends. RIP John Myrick.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Family,

I spoke to the director of Pace-Stancil Funeral Home in Cleveland. I asked him to seek JoLyn Myrick's approval for the Viper club to drive our Vipers to the funeral as a tribute to her husband John. The director called back this afternoon and said JoLyn was very happy with this request and that she thought this was indeed a fitting tribute to John and his love of Vipers.

So I am asking all Viper owners to pay their respects to one of their own by driving in a caravan of Vipers to Cleveland to attend the memorial services. If you own a Viper, you are a brother or sister and are invited. Old friends, new friends, strangers, everyone that owns a Viper. John will love this. Life is so fragile and can be taken from us at any moment. It is in the respect we show for others at this time that is a measure of our own character. So let's show our character and send John away to his Viper Paradise with growls of V10s, and more importantly, the warmth of a brother.

We will meet at Country Market Restaurant, 23412 State Hwy 242 (I-59 and 242), New Caney, TX and leave at 2:00PM for a leisurely trip to Cleveland. For those that want to have lunch and visit, meet at 1:00PM.

I will be in my Viper rain or shine. Look forward to seeing you all there.

Regards,

Jim Boeker

I was just thinking if he would have wanted a bunch of Vipers at his service. Just for the record... I would LOVE to have a caravan of Vipers at my funeral. Keep this as a record in case my family tries to make a fuss. :D

Maybe the combined rumblings of the V-10's will wake me from my eternal slumber... heck if that doesn't, NOTHING will! :)

Here's to you, John! Wish I could make it there for ya, pal.

OP
OP
J

JRod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to take a second to express my thanks to the members of this forum, the National VCA, and to the Houston Area group during this time. Everyone was moved by the display of brotherhood by the local club who took their time to drive up and express support for John's family. It was a very thoughtful and moving tribute on the part of his "extended car family".

Thanks again,
Jarrod

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A quick heads up, I just helped Dara Myrick get registered here. She is John's niece and the rest of the family are interested in viewing John's post history here as well a possibly commenting. So welcome the family if they show up, I told them to look for this thread.

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the heads' up, Lee...welcome Dara and your family once you get logged in here...this is a GREAT Viper Community...and we also wish to express our condolences to your whole family.
~mike & juli~

Dara Myrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You So Much! My Uncle was an amazing man; it sounds like most of you already know that! My family; especially my father and grandparents really appreciate all the kind words and thoughts in this very hard time! We are going to miss him so much! R.I.P Uncle Brad! (John)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You So Much! My Uncle was an amazing man; it sounds like most of you already know that! My family; especially my father and grandparents really appreciate all the kind words and thoughts in this very hard time! We are going to miss him so much! R.I.P Uncle Brad! (John)

Nice to have you onboard here!!! :) Sorry for the circumstances leading you here...but glad you are here...we did not know your uncle, but in the Viper Community...we'll all brothers and sisters in Viper Spirit. May he R.I.P. Keep us posted on how you and your family are all doing...we do care. ~juli

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On behalf of the members of the Pennsylvania-West Virginia Viper Club of America, we extend our deepest sympathy to the family a fellow VIPER friend.
God Speed John!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So does this mean you're getting behind the wheel of a Viper and joining us? Your uncle would be proud! :D

Please convey our condolences and prayers to the rest of your family.

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to take a second to express my thanks to the members of this forum, the National VCA, and to the Houston Area group during this time. Everyone was moved by the display of brotherhood by the local club who took their time to drive up and express support for John's family. It was a very thoughtful and moving tribute on the part of his "extended car family".

Thanks again,
Jarrod

Jarrod, the members with their cars at John's services were pleased to represent VCA Houston. We were all glad to be there, and could not have asked for a better reception than we received. Thank you for providing early information on the forums so we could plan our attendance.

Dara, your Uncle Brad (John) was a great guy, and you are all such a nice family. Thank you and your family for making the Viper friends feel welcome. I met John's brother Brent and his cousins - all good folk.

Best regards,
Jim Boeker

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Condolences to the family.

Makes you think about really is important in life, your friends & family, make it a point to tell them so today

Dara Myrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am Brent Myrick, Brad's (John) older brother. I want to thank all of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. My brother was an incredible person. We went to a lot of nascar races around the country. He loved fast cars since he was a little boy. First it was Vette's, then he got snake bit. In 2004 i purchased a vette, he thought that was so cool,but i think he was setting me up to get snake bit also.When the pain lessens i may look into purchasing a Viper. He loved those cars and his truck. Thank you to all the folks that drove up to Cleveland on saturday. I am sure my brother was smiling down on us. God Bless each and everyone of you. Please be careful out there on the road because you never know

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From all of the members of the AZ Region VCA our condolences to the Myrick family. These types of tragedies are very difficult, and our thoughts and prayers go out for you. May God bless you and keep you.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Board just received this EMail from his Father.

"All Viper Club members:

My name is Doyle Myrick . Brad ,(or John as you know him) is my son. His mother and I want to thank all for the nice words about our son Brad. Vipers, as well as other performance cars, were his great passion. Brad is the youngest of my two sons. He has one sister being the middle child. We do not understand his death but are working very hard to do so. Brad was so loved and admired by so many people. Our entire family wishes to thank all of you for being such an important part of his life. I wish all of you could have spent some personal time with him. You needed to know him as we know him. Every time we see a Viper on the road will say hello to Brad. We miss him so much. Thank you."

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Lee and everyone involved in the funeral gathering, for the updates and for pulling it all together. Again, my heartfelt condolences.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad to hear! Our condolences go out to the Myrick family.
The first time I talked to John was Nov. 03 and we clicked right off the bat. John you will be missed! "Race in Heaven"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang