VCA MEMBERS PLEASE READ - WINDOW STICKERS

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started a tread in MEMBERS ONLY about the VCA helping all of us looking to
get a copy of our WINDOW STICKER that came with the car new. Please take a minute
and help to make this happen, WE CAN DO IT :2tu: IF WE ALL LOBBY HARD ENOUGH
FOR IT.

RIGHT VCA OFFICERS :D :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

WHAT A WAY FOR ARE NEW LEADERS TO START THE YEAR :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

IT WOULD BE A GREAT PERK FOR BECOMING A VCA MEMBER AND COULD GENERATE SOME CASH
FOR THE CLUB IF THEY WANTED TO CHARGE FOR IT. I WOULD PAY FOR IT :headbang:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VCA HELP ARE POOR SOULS WHO HAVE LOST ARE BIRTH CERTIFICATES. :D

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could be a very good extra source of income for the national club. Someone please look in to this and see if it can even be done. I'll pay $200 for the one I need.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will start checking on Monday to see if it is even possible...

NOT ONLY IS IT POSSIBLE, IF THE ENTIRE VCA MEMBERSHIP GETS BEHIND THIS IT WILL HAPPEN! :headbang: :headbang:

COME ON VCA LETS DO IT :2tu:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started a tread in MEMBERS ONLY about the VCA helping all of us looking to
get a copy of are WINDOW STICKER that came with the car new. Please take a minute
FOR IT.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VCA HELP ARE POOR SOULS WHO HAVE LOST ARE BIRTH CERTIFICATES. :D

These are a great item to have among other things that belong with the cars ;)

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is a wonderful idea. It would probably be helpful to know if other clubs offer similar service. I know that Pontiac fans have the POCI historical society which provides lots of valuable information on a car based on the VIN. I would love to see this happens?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good idea Tom! Let me give you the details on getting a window sticker from DC as it stands now [I have gotten many]:

First off ONLY the original selling Dealer can get you a re-print of the window sticker!

If the Viper is less then two years old, all that selling Dealer has to do is on the DC's Dealer web site is to just punch a couple of keys to get a re-print and they will have it with in a few weeks.

Now if the Viper is older then two years that selling Dealer has to put in a request in writing to their Zone Office and then someone in that Zone Office punches a couple of keys to get a re-print. BUT most Dealers WILL NOT make that effort!!

If you are not the original owner of your Viper all you need to do for the selling Dealer is to prove that you do own it, i.e. State Registration or Title in your name. BUT there again MOST Dealers wont make the effort!

ALL of the window stickers are in DC's data base! So they can be had!! I think the ONLY way this is going to happen is if the VCA as a group puts a request into DC to get them and to sweeten the *** tell DC that we are willing to pay for them!

:2tu:

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good idea Tom! Let me give you the details on getting a window sticker from DC as it stands now [I have gotten many]:

First off ONLY the original selling Dealer can get you a re-print of the window sticker!

If the Viper is less then two years old, all that selling Dealer has to do is on the DC's Dealer web site is to just punch a couple of keys to get a re-print and they will have it with in a few weeks.

Now if the Viper is older then two years that selling Dealer has to put in a request in writing to their Zone Office and then someone in that Zone Office punches a couple of keys to get a re-print. BUT most Dealers WILL NOT make that effort!!

If you are not the original owner of your Viper all you need to do for the selling Dealer is to prove that you do own it, i.e. State Registration or Title in your name. BUT there again MOST Dealers wont make the effort!

ALL of the window stickers are in DC's data base! So they can be had!! I think the ONLY way this is going to happen is if the VCA as a group puts a request into DC to get them and to sweeten the *** tell DC that we are willing to pay for them!

THAT MR. WIZARD IS WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

AS A GROUP ( VCA MEMBERS ) LETS GET THIS DONE ONCE AND FOR ALL. :2tu:

PLEASE ALSO POST IN THE MEMBERS ONLY FORUM AND READ THAT POST.

P.S. I FOLLOWED YOUR ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS ONLY TO FIND OUT THE ORIGINAL DEALER
HAD SOLD HIS DEALERSHIP. :(

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I would have bought more cars from Chuck or Bill.

Come one VCA! Lets do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can I help?

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You state you want our help, but don't explain what we need to do to help you. Who do we write to or call?? I am not a member of your "MEMBERs ONLY" forum so I don't know what you posted along with other people reading this who are not members either.

Chuck did a fine job of explaining what was necessary to get the sticker but most dealers seem like you are nothing but a pain to them. But what about the fellow who purcahsed a used Viper and the selling dealer is now out of business, what then??

Just my .02 worth

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This procedure is relatively new in the scheme of things, and The Wizard is right on here....

What the VCA would need to do is for Vipers only, get a change to these rules where the VCA, IVR, and designated VCA sponsor dealers could replace "the selling dealer" in this formula. There has to be an opening for this, what would someone do if the selling dealer was out of business?

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea as I have not been able to get one since my car is American and it's in Canada now.

This would be a great incentive to gain initial membership for those who buy their cars pre-owned. The magazine was a strong incentive. An original window sticker will "seal the deal" for those who may be on the fence.

As previous dedicated VCA members, we should just get them for our loyalty :)

Santo

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my Viper new from Tempe Dodge, it didn't come with a window sticker and they told me I was SOL.

I'm not a VCA member, but am willing to do whatever it takes to get mine finally!

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I just requested even a copy of someone else's the other day, it is easy to determine that I would be in on one.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my Viper new from Tempe Dodge, it didn't come with a window sticker and they told me I was SOL.

I'm not a VCA member, but am willing to do whatever it takes to get mine finally!

Well now look at this, offer it and they will JOIN :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

VCA OFFICERS I HOPE YOU SEE THIS :2tu:

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well now look at this, offer it and they will JOIN :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

VCA OFFICERS I HOPE YOU SEE THIS :2tu:

I just posted this exact senitment in the members only forum :headbang:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think being able to get your window sticker re-printed is a great idea, however, they should be marked as reproductions and not originals. The original window sticker is...well the original.

An original window sticker plays a role in determining the value of a collectible car 30 to 40 years down the road. There should be some type of differentiation between a truly original window sticker that has survived 30 years, versus a duplicate reproduction that can be ordered after the fact.

Even though I have my original, I would still probably order a reproduction of it, if it was available though.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would want one, even though I have the original.
I'm not the first owner, I do know the original selling dealer.
I am a memeber, though my profile has yet to be updated.
I'd pay for it, if it's reasonable.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think being able to get your window sticker re-printed is a great idea, however, they should be marked as reproductions and not originals. The original window sticker is...well the original.

An original window sticker plays a role in determining the value of a collectible car 30 to 40 years down the road. There should be some type of differentiation between a truly original window sticker that has survived 30 years, versus a duplicate reproduction that can be ordered after the fact.

Even though I have my original, I would still probably order a reproduction of it, if it was available though.

JOHN I SAY YOUR WRONG WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT HAVING TO MARK IT AS A COPY!

FOR RESONS OUT OF OTHERS CONTROL THEY EITHER LOST IT, NEVER HAD ONE TO BEGIN WITH
EVEN BEING A NEW OWNER OR WHEN THEY PURCHASED THEIR CAR THE PRYOR OWNER NEVER
HAD IT OR DECIDED TO KEEP IT FOR THEMSELF. THE WIZARD HAS ALREADY STATED HOW TO
GO ABOUT GETTING IT AND BY DOING IT HIS WAY I WOULD SAY 90% WOULD BE ABLE TO GET
IT WITHOUT YOUR SUGGESTED COPY LABEL ON IT. I CAN ONLY SEE FROM YOUR
STATEMENT THAT A COPY ONLY BENEFITS THOSE WHO WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE
THEIRS. BUT HEY JOHN IF YOU WANT US WHO NEED ONE TO HAVE COPY ON IT SO
BE IT, I WOULD STILL ORDER ONE.

WOW WHAT A NICE POSITIVE SUGGESTION JOHN. :buttkick: :bonker: ;)

AS YOU CAN TELL JOHN I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH YOUR LOGIC ON THIS BUT
IT DOES NOT SURPRISE ME. :D

94yellow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good idea you have my support, alot of us were not the orginal owners and cars
were purchased some distance from where we live. I owned a 1967 shelby gt500 and
the shelby club had most of all the window stickers which they gave out.It would well worth a price to get one for our vipers. That show a strong backing for this idea. DC is always saying they support the viper owners , this is a good way for them to do so.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in. I bought my Viper used and though it was a low milage car, it did not come with the window sticker. I don't even know where it was originally purchased. Would love to have one and would rather it did NOT say copy(if I have a choice).

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started a (tread) THREAD in MEMBERS ONLY about the VCA helping all of us looking to
get a ( (copy) MEANING ORIGINAL STICKER / NO COPY LABELS ) of our WINDOW STICKER
that came with the car new. Please take a minute
FOR IT.

A FEW CORRECTIONS OF MY ABOVE POST BROUGHT UP TO ME BY VIPERJOHN

IN MY POST IN THE MEMBERS ONLY SECTION IT STATES - FURNISH VCA MEMBERS
WITH WINDOW STICKER.

SORRY FOR NOT MAKING THIS CLEAR AS TO ( COPY MEANING ORIGINAL ) I CAN
SEE HOW THIS STATEMENT DID CONFUSE YOU BY ME WRITING COPY HOWEVER WHEN
READING YOUR POST IT SEEMS YOUR LINE OF THINKING WAS I WANTED THE ORIGINAL AND
THATS WHY YOU MADE A POINT OF WANTING COPY ON ANY REPRINT.

LET ME BE VERY CLEAR - VCA PLEASE SEE IF DODGE WILL FURNISH VCA MEMBERS WITH A ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER

goldfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a broadcast sheet for our Vipers (like you'd find under the seats, carpet, etc. etc. in Mopars of late 60's, 70's, 80's) that would tell even more information about your car than a window sticker? I'm not sure if/when they stopped creating those.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, there is a build / broadcast sheet. They were not included in the car most of the time. If you got your car from dealers like Chuck Tator you most likely have it.

There was even a clear plastic bag called a "travelers package" that was used at the viper plant that had everything like the shim report, the water leak test, and the build sheet in it. I will try to posts some pictures of it soon.

Is there such a thing as a broadcast sheet for our Vipers (like you'd find under the seats, carpet, etc. etc. in Mopars of late 60's, 70's, 80's) that would tell even more information about your car than a window sticker? I'm not sure if/when they stopped creating those.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd sure like to have a copy of mine. I work for DC and my inside connections at work say my '99 is too old to be able to get one now. Whether they put in a true effort to get the sticker I don't know.

When the SRT engineering guys had the live chat on here several months ago someone asked about this and they said to email them with the VIN and they would see about getting it. I did, they read my message and that's the last I heard of it.

BTW, instead of calling it a window sticker the proper name is the Monroney label. I think approaching the people who could get this done with that terminolgy would get us better results. When I first saw this thread in the list I thought the topic had to do with some sort of VCA decals for our windows.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4