VCA ****!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lookie! A bunch of Viper owners getting SCREWED! :mad::crazy2::nono: This was yesterday in Pigeon Forge, TN (the day after the hurricane hit TX). They had a huge car show/car cruise event, so thousands of cars were in town. Got home today and gas was as "low" as $3.89 for regular in Atlanta. Nice job screwing people by the oil companies because of the hurricane!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap! Is that down in Georgia? Around here it was 3.99 for regular today.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap! Is that down in Georgia? Around here it was 3.99 for regular today.

Pigeon Forge, TN. Gas stations were either $4.49 or $4.99 for regular, depending on how bad they wanted to screw people. Didn't notice what the prices were today before we left, but it was $3.89 in Atlanta. I get home (90 miles south of Atlanta) and gas is $4.39/gal for regular :mad:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pigeon Forge, TN. Thousands of cars were in town for a huge car show/car cruise. Gas stations were either $4.49 or $4.99 for regular, depending on how bad they wanted to screw people. Didn't notice what the prices were today before we left, but it was $3.89 in Atlanta. I get home (90 miles south of Atlanta) and gas is $4.39/gal for regular :mad:

If the local stations were taking advantage of the increased demand, don't hold that against the oil companies.

And I don't know enough about the supply dynamics, but half the refineries in Texas were/are offline because of Ike, so that may have something to do with it.

Honestly, the first time I ever bothered to track mileage in the Viper was on the drive to VOI (which, I averaged almost 24 MPG on the way up!). Otherwise, I don't care what I get in that particular car or what I pay. Feels cheesy to gripe about gas prices in a car that gets sub-12 MPG in the city.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is true. I keep track of the mpg in my daily driver on fill ups just for fun, but I never look at the total cost of each fill up because I don't want to know.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the local stations were taking advantage of the increased demand, don't hold that against the oil companies.

And I don't know enough about the supply dynamics, but half the refineries in Texas were/are offline because of Ike, so that may have something to do with it.

Honestly, the first time I ever bothered to track mileage in the Viper was on the drive to VOI (which, I averaged almost 24 MPG on the way up!). Otherwise, I don't care what I get in that particular car or what I pay. Feels cheesy to gripe about gas prices in a car that gets sub-12 MPG in the city.

I'm sick of the whole "if you drive a viper, you shouldn't worry about gas price thing.' The point is when you see a price discrepancy of anywhere between 3.89 and 5.19 for the same gallon of gas, something is F-ing wrong. If you guys do not see that, then please open your eyes. Maybe I shouldn't be so concerned since I can pay for it, but I do not just think about my well being. I think about how this affects us as a whole. I also, agree that it is not gas company's fault, but the individual local stations are at fault. The president said that price gouging would not be tolerated, well, I hope that somehow that could be true, but as there are many variables involved, I doubt that anything will happen, even though I believe that many stations clearly were gouging the general public.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When I left home Wednesday morning, gas was around $3.89 for reg. There wasn't any increased demand here and it still shot up $.050 in just a couple days.

This is the reason that is publically being stated. But, I don't trust or believe a word oil companies say. It was an opportunity for them to screw people more than usual. They took advantage of it.

Gotta disagree with you here. I don't care if a person drives a 35mpg Civic or a 7MPG Bugatti, when gas prices are this inflated, everyone has a right to *****. I knew when I bought a Viper that I'd be lucky to get 12/20MPG. That was my choice and I'm not complaining on that front. I'm complaining that the oil companies are screwing EVERYONE on the price per gallon (Viper owner, Civic owner, riding lawnmower owner, etc.). My heart goes out to those who work low paying jobs and now have to choose between gas OR some important necessity (food, medicine, etc) and to those who spend most of their paycheck at gas stations :mad:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I left home Wednesday morning, gas was around $3.89 for reg. There wasn't any increased demand here and it still shot up $.050 in just a couple days.

This is the reason that is publically being stated. But, I don't trust or believe a word oil companies say. It was an opportunity for them to screw people more than usual. They took advantage of it.

Gotta disagree with you here. I don't care if a person drives a 35mpg Civic or a 7MPG Bugatti, when gas prices are this inflated, everyone has a right to *****. I knew when I bought a Viper that I'd be lucky to get 12/20MPG. That was my choice and I'm not complaining on that front. I'm complaining that the oil companies are screwing EVERYONE on the price per gallon (Viper owner, Civic owner, riding lawnmower owner, etc.). My heart goes out to those who work low paying jobs and now have to choose between gas OR some important necessity (food, medicine, etc) and to those who spend most of their paycheck at gas stations :mad:

I'm not saying I don't have the RIGHT to gripe, I just don't. I consider myself fortunate that my bottom line isn't really impacted by the higher cost of gas, but if I'm going to run my mouth about it, then I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and make a statement to the gas companies about their practices by driving a car that doesn't support them. And brother, that ain't happenin.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying I don't have the RIGHT to gripe, I just don't. I consider myself fortunate that my bottom line isn't really impacted by the higher cost of gas, but if I'm going to run my mouth about it, then I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and make a statement to the gas companies about their practices by driving a car that doesn't support them. And brother, that ain't happenin.

just smile and put the blinders on.....oh yeah...have a another glass of kool-aid.:)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just smile and put the blinders on.....oh yeah...have a another glass of kool-aid.:)

No blinders...I'm as aware as the next guy. But the only way for you and I (Jon Q. Citizen) to change it is to not buy their gas. If I'm unwilling to take that route, then what's the point? Complaining doesn't make you right, it makes you a hypocrite. (And please, don't take that as name-calling, it's a general observation about the situation)

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a 4 ****** Eclipse that is my DD. I'm not going to sell the Viper to buy another Eclipse, but the days of saying "I'm bored, let's go burn some gas in the V10" are definitely not as frequent as they used to be. So I reserve the right to complain since I'm not driving my car as much as I would if gas prices weren't so absurdly stupid :)

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No blinders...I'm as aware as the next guy. But the only way for you and I (Jon Q. Citizen) to change it is to not buy their gas. If I'm unwilling to take that route, then what's the point? Complaining doesn't make you right, it makes you a hypocrite. (And please, don't take that as name-calling, it's a general observation about the situation)

there are a few stations where I live that I will buy gas from them as a last resort ONLY. Um..... recheck your meaning of the word hypocrite. example. I tell you not to buy a Viper because they are not safe for the environment, then I buy one. That would be hypocritical.
Buying gas and complaining about it is not being a hypocrite, as I have to buy gas. Especially, when I am in another state.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gas prices today will be the least of our worries when the stock market opens tomorrow....futures are down close to 300 points and oil companies are going to cry the blues and make matters worse

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are a few stations where I live that I will buy gas from them as a last resort ONLY. Um..... recheck your meaning of the word hypocrite. example. I tell you not to buy a Viper because they are not safe for the environment, then I buy one. That would be hypocritical.
Buying gas and complaining about it is not being a hypocrite, as I have to buy gas. Especially, when I am in another state.

You're right, I misused the word, my apologies. My point though, is that I AGREE with you that gas prices are being artificially manipulated by the oil companies and futures speculators. However, I (just like everyone else) am but one consumer who's best means of influence is in my hip pocket. If I complain verbally and continue to drive a gas-guzzler (or three of them in my case), then I'm wasting my breath because my actions contradict my words. Yes, you NEED gas, but you don't need to burn a gallon of it every 12 miles. The gas companies know that you will though, and they intend to make every penny they can from it, no matter how loud you complain as you pass by in your roaring 8.4L V10.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW.. I paid $3.89 today in NOVA topped it off knowing that the USA is down by 20% of it's refining capacity....

I was joking when I said 5.00/gal but here it is!!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW.. I paid $3.89 today in NOVA topped it off knowing that the USA is down by 20% of it's refining capacity....

I was joking when I said 5.00/gal but here it is!!

Are you going to go on the overnight cruise with the club? This is supposed to be one of the best cruises of the year!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Michigan at the moment and they are goughing up here to a huge degree....from $3.99 to $4.19 a gallon (where before the hurricanes it was down at $3.59/gallon).....and the only thing we've had lately is three days of rain. I'm assuming that because of the recent string of hurricanes hitting the gulf of mexico that the forking gas companies and futures traders are probably are pushing up gasoline prices for "fear" of a supply shortage. If the government doesn't protect us from crap like this, then we are truly screwed!

Regards,
Aaron

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Saturday, we went into the mall and gas was $3.47/gal at the Shell station on Morse Rd. across from Easton.
When we came out of the mall (1 sweater and 1 SIM card later), gas at the same station was $3.99.

F**kin' pr!cks.
Glad I filled up on Friday. :D

mangle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Meh, buy a couple hundred shares of your favorite price-gouging oil company and become an owner of this fantastic profit-making machine. It'll even out.

I bought premium at $3.84 in VA yesterday.

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$3.89.....
those were the days :mad:
£5 = $8.50 here! wanna fill up (&live!) over there :)

OKFireChief

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Price is $3.19 for 87 unleaded and $3.71 for Diesel here in Oklahoma City ... Prices never changed during Ike. Our State AG will kick butt for stations that raise prices during storms and such. Good luck to all! Jon :)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yah, come to Canada where we get taxed almost as much as the UK. $7.00/usgal. OUR gas in Wash in under $4.00, but we pay Cda tax, BC tax, GST, "Carbon" tax, and a bunch of "import taxes because we ship our crude to Alberta so that we can pay $0.39 excise tax on out own oil????
Heard the Federal government is going to add another 'Carbon Tax' as soon as they get elected.

We pay $0.10/liter for premium or $.39 per gal to the ripoff fuel companies. When Calif. uses a lot of heating oil our gas price goes up 30%. When there's a storm in the Gulf of Mexico - they predict Cat 4 and raise our fuel costs. When it's a Cat2 they raise them higher. When no one buys any gas there's too much and the storage tanks are full, they raise the price of gas because they're selling the fuel 2 years into the future. When there's a shortage the prices go up. We have no "bad fuel" storms here and never will have so they use storms anywhere in the world to raise the prices, or cost of a barrell of oil. When oil goes from $160 a barrell to $93 a barrell the cost of fuel stays high and it's "the investors fault."

They're all theives. They want all our money. Soon the terrorists will be after Al Quida's Gas money and blowing up oil wells instead of buildings?

Ted

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang