VCA Raffle car just arrived at Woodhouse!!!

jsd512

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It pains me to say this, because I feel like I am obsessed with hating this car (some rational and some not so rational), but this particular car looks amazing. This is the way I think it should come from the factory. I guess I am liking Gilles less and less because I don't feel as though he knows whats best. The interior of this car, because of the CF and not that cheap silver plastic-looking crap, is the way it should look. That rear lower tuned diffuser should be CF. That would make it perfect.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That rear lower tuned diffuser should be CF. That would make it perfect.

Originally going to be an option UNTIL they discovered that it would cost over $10k as an option. :( Made me sad as I would of loved to have that on a car if I were in a position to order one.

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cracking up on the options some of you want along with the RaffleSnake ( oooh, that's a good personalized plate - RFFLSNK), but good chance Mike ( driver) will deliver right to someone's door. We will make sure the cost is really fair, and make sure there are some other nice small items not taken care of by Chrysler or the VCA.

I am just hoping I win, as then it won't have to go far at all, shipping would be nil, ha,ha.

If you are doing the drawing...then how can you win. Isn't that a big no-no?

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, that the VCA raffle car is the way all Vipers should have come from the factory OEM. The carbon fiber on the outside looks stunning, and on the inside looks elegant....

possibly will be (should be) a standard option or upgrade option for 2015 or 2016

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, that the VCA raffle car is the way all Vipers should have come from the factory OEM. The carbon fiber on the outside looks stunning, and on the inside looks elegant....

possibly will be (should be) a standard option or upgrade option for 2015 or 2016

All the carbon fiber installed on the raffle car are part of existing options (technically 2013 options but there were many delays in production). The raffle car is installed with the carbon fiber exterior package, carbon fiber aero pack, and carbon fiber interior pack. That's over $13k in carbon fiber options......

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the carbon fiber installed on the raffle car are part of existing options (technically 2013 options but there were many delays in production). The raffle car is installed with the carbon fiber exterior package, carbon fiber aero pack, and carbon fiber interior pack. That's over $13k in carbon fiber options......

$13,000 for carbon fiber pieces when a new carbon fiber hood for the Gen5 is $3000 ???

Lets face it, the pieces make an awesome car look even more serious and exotic. But $13,000 ??? SRT needs to get a grip on reality.

SRT needs a new business plan. Nothing they have done so far has made any sense regarding the launch of the Viper.... they keep dropping the ball

OK, let me say it again in case you missed it... $13,000 for a few CF pieces when the CF hood is $3000 and is such a huge piece ????

Please do not try to dumb me down and rationalize this stupidity for me....I am not eating it.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$13,000 for carbon fiber pieces when a new carbon fiber hood for the Gen5 is $3000 ???

Lets face it, the pieces make an awesome car look even more serious and exotic. But $13,000 ??? SRT needs to get a grip on reality.

SRT needs a new business plan. Nothing they have done so far has made any sense regarding the launch of the Viper.... they keep dropping the ball

OK, let me say it again in case you missed it... $13,000 for a few CF pieces when the CF hood is $3000 and is such a huge piece ????

Please do not try to dumb me down and rationalize this stupidity for me....I am not eating it.

When you put it that way... you do make a good point about 3K hood vs. 13K options... The only thing that I think could add to the conversation is economy of scale (hood tool is $XXXX but thats spread across all sold Vipers, then EACH piece tool for CF kit is *** but its spread across only XX% of each sale... Gotta pay for lots of tools using less parts) and marketing (will people PAY for it? Then the price is justified! You are but one person, maybe for each of you there are 4 others willing to pay... thats a marketing decision to price it out!)

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you put it that way... you do make a good point about 3K hood vs. 13K options... The only thing that I think could add to the conversation is economy of scale (hood tool is $XXXX but thats spread across all sold Vipers, then EACH piece tool for CF kit is *** but its spread across only XX% of each sale... Gotta pay for lots of tools using less parts) and marketing (will people PAY for it? Then the price is justified! You are but one person, maybe for each of you there are 4 others willing to pay... thats a marketing decision to price it out!)

Yes, you point is valid. But the spread between the two prices are way too far apart. If the optional pieces were $4,500, I would understand the spread in price because of less volume being sold.
But not at $13,000.( if the $13,000 price is accurate)

I think Gilles is trying to market the Gen 5 as a Ferrari or Porsche.

Those two companies make globs of cash on over priced options....

Ferrari's Parking sensors are a $2,200 option. The most expensive OEM tier one supplier/manufacture of parking sensors is BOSCH and they cost only $300 for a complete kit if you buy a quantity of one from a retailer. Buy several thousand and I am sure they will be less than that.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't anything about the raffle situation but here is a quote from somewhere else.

Friday morning between 10 and 11 am the raffle is supposed to take place in Nebraska at Woodhouse. according to the wording on the ticket.

A little birdy tells me Nebraska enforcement may be visiting them about a license and there may be a delay in the drawing.

It would be a shame if the raffle ticket money had to be all refunded. Illegal gambling across state lines is not a minor thing.

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is not good. I recall another forum member asking for the raffle registration # but I don't remember that they replied to him. Didn't the previous years tickets have the raffle # on it? This years raffle ticket has no raffle #. Can anyone else confirm this?

I don't anything about the raffle situation but here is a quote from somewhere else.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Raffle is not being held here , so imagine it will be done however they originally planned. We are just assigned the car by SRT as rules require Corporate to go through a Dealer since they are not a direct to the consumer distributor.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everyone is confused and I keep saying it in threads countless times and the same retard "experts" keep aruging with me about it. The hood is CFRP that is not the same as 100% carbon fiber. That is why it has so much flex. A real carbon fiber hood like on the lexus LFA for example does not have flex it is very rigid hence the whole point of using carbon fiber. These interior parts are probably full carbon fiber hence why they cost so much. This price is actually completely reasonable for high quality carbon fiber that is the real deal. The hood, roof, and trunk are clearly just cheaper ways to produce it and their price shows that.

I think some people thought SRT was doing all of them a favor charging less, or found some ground breaking innovative way to produce carbon fiber that bugatti, pagani, or koegsegg couldn't come up with and that is why it was so cheap. Please get real people. They don't have near the intelligence as those 3 leaders. Take the beer goggles off and stop drinking the kool aid.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raffle is not being held here , so imagine it will be done however they originally planned. We are just assigned the car by SRT as rules require Corporate to go through a Dealer since they are not a direct to the consumer distributor.

You must be registered for see images attach

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember reading that too.

no big, it really doesn't matter where it is that they pull my winning ticket :)

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is confused and I keep saying it in threads countless times and the same retard "experts" keep aruging with me about it. The hood is CFRP that is not the same as 100% carbon fiber. That is why it has so much flex. A real carbon fiber hood like on the lexus LFA for example does not have flex it is very rigid hence the whole point of using carbon fiber. These interior parts are probably full carbon fiber hence why they cost so much. This price is actually completely reasonable for high quality carbon fiber that is the real deal. The hood, roof, and trunk are clearly just cheaper ways to produce it and their price shows that.

I think some people thought SRT was doing all of them a favor charging less, or found some ground breaking innovative way to produce carbon fiber that bugatti, pagani, or koegsegg couldn't come up with and that is why it was so cheap. Please get real people. They don't have near the intelligence as those 3 leaders. Take the beer goggles off and stop drinking the kool aid.

I really really hope this is just one of the best pulled off total troll attempts, and that you aren't really having these thoughts and opinions....

Don't bother responding, I'm blocking you after this post and others probably don't want to read the drivel anways.

Quick note to set the record straight on this.

In the industry "Carbon Fiber" is almost always an interchangeable term with "CFRP" (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic or Polymer). It is indeed the same thing. Also sometimes refered to as "graphite", carbon fiber in it's raw form is very strong in tension (like pulling on a rope) but is very week in compression (like pushing on a rope). CFRP takes the raw dry fiber and makes it strong in compression. The Viper uses some of the highest quality pre-preg carbon fiber available. We use various types of pre-preg carbon fiber depending on the area of the part. Woven carbon fiber is used on the inner panel to distribute the material properties and for a nice decorative finish. Unidirectional fiber is used on the outer skin because it will not 'read-out' the pattern like the weave will. Aerospace does the same thing. Sometimes carbon is woven, and sometimes it is countinuous or uni-directional.

Just want to put a stop to any rumors that your Gen-V Vipers are not built with the genuine carbon fiber!!

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really really hope this is just one of the best pulled off total troll attempts, and that you aren't really having these thoughts and opinions....

Don't bother responding, I'm blocking you after this post and others probably don't want to read the drivel anways.

So you're saying then that all those little pieces of carbon fiber on the inside should cost more than the giant hood sitting on top of the engine? My god these people should go into business for themselves, they would make millions. They are innovators!! Pioneers!!!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car was shipped here by SRT and Reliable, but as noted, no raffle is being held at the Dealership - regardless of what was printed.

That's surprising. Curious how VCA could print your dealerships name and advertise the raffle being held as such without clearing it with Woodhouse first. Seems odd. Maybe you know where the raffle will be held then?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Never asked us if they could print our name on a ticket, just asked if we cared if the raffle was drawn here since the car was coming here. We said fine, but found out it was probably not appropriate under Nebraska Law and told them sorry it could not be done here. Chrysler/SRT can not do these as the cars have to go through Dealers, and so we , Tomball and others have done these to help out VCA over the years. Never been to a raffle, don't have a clue what is done, as we have only been the conduit the car went through, but could care less where they draw this - we just told them we could not do it.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never asked us if they could print our name on a ticket, just asked if we cared if the raffle was drawn here since the car was coming here. We said fine, but found out it was probably not appropriate under Nebraska Law and told them sorry it could not be done here. Chrysler/SRT can not do these as the cars have to go through Dealers, and so we , Tomball and others have done these to help out VCA over the years. Never been to a raffle, don't have a clue what is done, as we have only been the conduit the car went through, but could care less where they draw this - we just told them we could not do it.

That begs the question: is this raffle even legit in the other 49 states, then?

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That begs the question: is this raffle even legit in the other 49 states, then?

Just have the Frickin raffle this weekend and get that Car out the door before SRTViper notifies the authorities.

I recommend that at least several if not 15 or more members find out where the raffle is being held so that they can witness that a winning card or number was actually drawn.

With all the trouble Chrysler is having with the VCA regarding it being for profit instead of non profit, I am suspecious that the car will be bogusly won by a top officials son in law or neighbor.

You smart-asses better witness the drawing.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You all that put your money into this raffle better find out were this raffle will be held and their should be some uninvolved witnesses.I today's world,their should be a
live feed to watch...Lots of cheating can go on for a car that costs so much $$$$$$.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You all that put your money into this raffle better find out were this raffle will be held and their should be some uninvolved witnesses.I today's world,their should be a
live feed to watch...Lots of cheating can go on for a car that costs so much $$$$$$.

Thats exactly what I told these retards.... watch, I will be called a troll because I am now complaining about the raffle....

and I just want everyone to know that According to Kool-Aid, almost 20 percent of Kool-Aid drinkers are Hispanic, and slightly more than 20 percent are African-American.

So if anyone tells me to go drink some Kool-Aid, just be ready to be called a Viper Racist !!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R