VEC2 ???

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what exactly the VEC can do and how for an SRT application. Does it give the ability to adjust air/fuel ratio to compensate for other issues? Can it be used to override factory defaults....ie if car defaults to safe mode due to sensor failure or me tinkering with things, can the VEC be used to return tuning to ideal settings?

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I read the above at roe. I can't tell if it comes with any kind of gages or read outs. If not, what, if anything would be recommended?

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I read the above at roe. I can't tell if it comes with any kind of gages or read outs. If not, what, if anything would be recommended?
Nobody knows the answer? :confused:

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't come with any gauges. It's a control module used to adjust fuel, timing, and auxillary devices like water/methanol injection and nitrous.

It is infinitely programmable to your needs with simple software and either a laptop computer or a card reader.

To get the best gains from a VEC2, you need to take your car to a dyno. That is the only safe way to tune your car. You can also use the VEC2 to log your dyno pulls.

Use the VEC2 to adjust your fuel and timing curves to get the most performance out of your mods.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I correct that it comes with a card that is already programmed to get the most out of a stock or mildly modified viper? Modifications like an aftermarket exhaust and air box.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can give Sean Roe a call and tell him what modifications you have and he can send a card or two with the VEC2 that should get you close. The ones that came with my supercharger kit were good to get the car up and running, but ultimately, I purchased the software from Sean so I can tune my car myself on the dyno. By having the software, I was able to fine tune my car and pick up a lot more power and smooth out the air/fuel. Remember, every car is different. Different mods, different quality fuel available, different altitutes, etc. Fine tuning is definitely where it's at. Plus, anytime I make additional mods, I can retune myself, without having to have Sean send me a new card.

I think having the software and the ability to change everything for your car is the way to go. Sean can even help you "remote tune" your car over the phone if you have the software.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather