Vertical doors on a Gen 2.

OP
OP
T

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was that photoshopped?

If that's real I would like to see that car and ask that person if that could be done on a Gen 2.

OP
OP
T

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Already did...

If they can do it on a Gen 2 I'm in as long as the process can be reveresed if I don't like it.

I've been wanting to do this for years exactly like that picture let's see if it can actually be done on a gen 2.

OP
OP
T

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not paying the tooling costs for a project like that.

In 04' I got quoted 30 grand for tooling and I would have needed a donor viper to test it out.

That's way too much money to piss away on something like that.

It's a cool idea but unless I saw something like this in person I'd probably wouldn't try it.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those almost look like they would make entering and exiting the vehicle more difficult.

I was going to say the same thing. Getting in and out of an RT with the top off isn't nearly the task it is in a GTS (or an RT with the top on). I'm 5'10" and about 185 and anyone bigger than me grunts and groans getting into my car with fully-functioning doors; I can't imagine anyone getting in or out of that easily. You'd have to be a member of Cirque de Soleil to pull it off gracefully.

You must be registered for see images attach

However, if you're trying to get your girl to pull a Paris and flash everyone on the sidewalk, I think this is a surefire win!

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder who did the yellow one?

I called that shop in Houston no answer in three days.

One of our local guys had vertical doors put on his Prowler for $2500 installed and painted. They really work on that car and go truly vertical. They're out of Katy, TX.

You must be registered for see images

If you're interested I can get their contact info to see if they can do anything for your car.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they seem better on the prowler. I don't see any value in gullwing or vertical doors on a viper of any gen.

OP
OP
T

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI.... THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS!

I GOT WORD THAT THEY DID NOT DO THAT SRT AND THEY LOST THEIR SO-CALLED CUSTOM SHOP A FEW MONTHS BACK.
Now you know why they dont answer their phones.

Back to the drawing board.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just look at my ACR's do you honestly think I would try it? Wishful thinking that's all!

My question "was" could it be done?

Already did...

If they can do it on a Gen 2 I'm in as long as the process can be reveresed if I don't like it.

I've been wanting to do this for years exactly like that picture let's see if it can actually be done on a gen 2.

:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember asking the members about doing the same thing to mine, I got so many please don't do its, I changed my mind and remained true. Glad I did, but its all good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas