VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

I think Vipermed should just offer a 30 money back guarantee for all the Vipair's sold (just like Roe does with the VEC1) Since 95% will not be returned, the customers will be happy, problem solved everyone is happy :)

One thing Russ did prove with his dyno testing was you can massage the numbers one way or another until you get your desired results. Maybe it makes more power, maybe not, let the customer decide if they think it's worth the $$

If tuners didn't try new ideas, we would all be driving around with stock HP levels.

.02 :laugh:

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

THIS THREAD IS THE FUNNIEST STUFF SINCE ARNOLD WON THE CALI RECALL!IT GETS MY VOTE FOR VIPERCLUB THREAD OF THE YEAR! :D :D :D :D :D :D

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is an unconditional money back guarantee in place. I bought one for both the performance and looks. I will post my real world results when I hit the track. I also understand the premise to be a cooler charge versus a ram air affect. Either way it's a win win deal to me.

I saw the advantage product and I also feel it will provide the same benifit as the Vipair. I have not done any pressure testing or the "unflappable" SOTP testing, but to me it comes down to what you want one the car and I chose to pay the 200 bucks for this product.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some of these comments continue to prove that Barnum was right.

Even with proof that there is no effect people will still buy.

Hey guys, I have some magic HP beans. They will add 10hp per bean. I offer a money back guarantee. Cost is only $100 per bean.

cha-ching!!!!

:D

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the replies and email guys, I appreciate the support and will continue to dyno as always.

The guys at Vipair were very kind to give me a box to test, knowing fully well that I from the start was against the product. Most would not have gone out on a limb to make this happen.

I hope that others will come back with positive results.

PS. Their is one test that I did not have the equipment to do and it was air temp. I believe that at speed there may be a significant change in air temps into the airbox.

This would not be measurable on the dyno either because even several high speed fans could never generate the volume of air you would get while driving 90mph.

PSS.
Thanks for trusting me with your testing Edmonton, and if you would like the box back please let me know. And you were right the silver hologram does look VERY nice.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everybody! Whats for dinner?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magic HP Beans

:p

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quote:

Hi everybody! Whats for dinner?

Tastes like chicken?

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will throw my 2 cents in here.
I have the vipermed box (stainless) for non SC cars and vipair piece
my car has never ran stronger!!!
sorry, no dyno.
my car is pending sale (deposit, so far)
and the new owner will not need the setup.
So, if anyone wants a near new (less than 30 miles on it) box
with front vipair piece (yellow lettering) shoot me a email or pm
[email protected]
I ordered the setup prior to deciding to sell, doh...
But if i wasn't selling i would not part with this setup for the world!!
it is just awesome, thanks Scott!
best wishes
Jim

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm trying to keep up with this thread :) :( :D :eek:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hype,
Do any of you know hype when you see it?

Do any of you believe this claim?

"the best part was the drive home as the car felt like it had picked up an extra 50 RWHP, all the extra cold air was doing its job."

I think the claim of a SOTP feeling more like 50hp gain is hype.

Let's chime in on this, who think's that Vipair will give a feeling of "extra 50 RWHP"?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My thoughts may bea bit different.

First...there is a MONEY BACK guarantee. What's the problem? If it does not do what you want it to do...send it back! Seems to me that Vipermed is being a stand-up guy about that.

Second. The whole smoothies and K&Ns deal keeps coming up. Chrysler says it's worth 10HP, as is proven by the HP numbers of a ACR versus a GTS or RT. Does this mean you will notice a huge increase of power? C'mon.

Third. Ram-Air. Hasn't this subject already been covered and proven to be BS on fuel injected cars?

I would bet that a cooler airflow to the inlet would be a benefit...not to mention the possibility of less restrictive flow...and I can see this as the only real advantage to the Vipair. And..if that's what you want..what do you have to lose....try it.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RALPH NADER vs. VIPAIR

C'mon guys only 7 more replies and we hit 200.

ps - I can smoke an ACR even though they have smooth tubes. :eek:

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: RALPH NADER vs. VIPAIR

Russ is not GOD not all cars respond the same to the same bolt on's, i was told the [******] airbox doesn't work however my car loves it on the top end. To me it works, others that state this airbox makes a difference should know their car better than anyone else. If they believe it works then who are you to dispute it? Check out the difference in all the stock vipers in dyno results they vary all over the board but DC states they are the same.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

True.

My magic HP beans will give different results on different cars. Yours may be much better than the 10HP per bean.

C'mon guys, only $100 per bean!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We should really stop asking questions about Vipair. It can't be good for business and Scott is really just trying to help all of us.

Hey, all that those performance claims were just, well, let's say he got carried away.

If you order one of these you will get the seat of the pant's feeling of "50hp" just as he claims.

If you don't feel that extra kick, you can just send it back for a refund.

All this technical talk is really a drag anyway. We could be talking about Vipers and how cool they are.
"Mine's cool. Is your's cool?"
"Yeah, mine's cool too".
Well, I guess we will have to think of something else. I think we talked that one out.

All these pages of discussion are using up too many ones and zeros. The site can only handle a discussion for so long.

It's time to start making a joke out of the questions.

Yeah, let's all just shut up and let these guys help us.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's time to start making a joke out of the questions.

ahhhh....hell. I thought the joke started with your first post. :confused:

so you have been sereeerrrrious this entire time????? now I gotta go back and read this all over again. :rolleyes:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We should really stop asking questions about Vipair. It can't be good for business and Scott is really just trying to help all of us.

Hey, all that those performance claims were just, well, let's say he got carried away.

If you order one of these you will get the seat of the pant's feeling of "50hp" just as he claims.

If you don't feel that extra kick, you can just send it back for a refund.

All this technical talk is really a drag anyway. We could be talking about Vipers and how cool they are.
"Mine's cool. Is your's cool?"
"Yeah, mine's cool too".
Well, I guess we will have to think of something else. I think we talked that one out.

:eek: :D

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Russ is not GOD not all cars respond the same to the same bolt on's, i was told the [******] airbox doesn't work however my car loves it on the top end. To me it works, others that state this airbox makes a difference should know their car better than anyone else. If they believe it works then who are you to dispute it? Check out the difference in all the stock vipers in dyno results they vary all over the board but DC states they are the same.

I agree, my official tittle is demiGod.

All cars do respond different to mods, however when the group of cars are ALL vipers the response from mods should be identical. If you ever spend time dyno testing rather than believing in SOTP you would know that. :smirk:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, my official tittle is demiGod however when the group of cars are ALL vipers the response from mods should be identical. :smirk:

That's a pretty bold statement....so let us say we have a 96 GTS and my 01 RT. We both put CORSA, headers, and remove the cats. By your statement our gains should be "identical" if I am reading your post correctly....Mr. demiGOD. :confused:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"I thought the joke started with your first post"
Well, Jdawg, what do you mean by that?

Do you have any reason to say that or are you just giving me a load of crap because you don't know enough about the technical discussion to participate?

What do you think about Vipair?
Why do you believe it will do anything for you?
Do you have any basis at all for your opinion or do you just like the idea of having this thing on your car and it seem's like it would work?

Tell me Mr. Jdawg, how many years of testing various technical devices do you have under your belt?
What do you really know about the variables that can enter into a test of a device like this?

You can agree or not with my ideas but you have no basis to say that this is anything but science and logic.

Well, lets hear it? How much testing have you done in your life?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"I thought the joke started with your first post"
Well, Jdawg, what do you mean by that?

Do you have any reason to say that or are you just giving me a load of crap because you don't know enough about the technical discussion to participate?

What do you think about Vipair?
Why do you believe it will do anything for you?
Do you have any basis at all for your opinion or do you just like the idea of having this thing on your car and it seem's like it would work?

Tell me Mr. Jdawg, how many years of testing various technical devices do you have under your belt?
What do you really know about the variables that can enter into a test of a device like this?

You can agree or not with my ideas but you have no basis to say that this is anything but science and logic.

Well, lets hear it? How much testing have you done in your life?

wow...Joe. If this is your idea of making a joke...then I say you need to get out more and...uh...leave the pocket protector at the house. This product did exactly what I expected it to do and that is to look bad *** on the car. I prefer to do my testing at the track. I am not a dyno racer or calculator queen. If you are naive enough to believe every dyno result for any product or every pressure monometer reading you see then....you need to come out of the closet and open your eyes to the light of day. Not all products live up to there claim and conversely some overachieve theirs. Again my testing occurs at the track, not through a third party who was openly against the product prior to his "unbiased" testing. :eek:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you have any reason to say that or are you just giving me a load of crap

no crap from me, but it sounds like you need a cleansing. I can get ya a fleets enema if you like. :eek:

ps - gotta run. there is a guy on another thread claiming his low cabin pressure on his Gen I is causing rain to leak passed the plastic windows. I call BS. C'mon over and bring Russ' monometer. :p

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here we go again!!!

You must be registered for see images

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

6 pair of what is what I wanna know?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, my official tittle is demiGod however when the group of cars are ALL vipers the response from mods should be identical. :smirk:

That's a pretty bold statement....so let us say we have a 96 GTS and my 01 RT. We both put CORSA, headers, and remove the cats. By your statement our gains should be "identical" if I am reading your post correctly....Mr. demiGOD. :confused:

Should be fairly obvious to you that I mean identical cars. Since 96's and 01's have different cams/pistons obviously the power results will be different.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

True.

My magic HP beans will give different results on different cars. Yours may be much better than the 10HP per bean.

C'mon guys, only $100 per bean!

Now I know why CA has a $38B budget deficit....you've been selling those to YOUR State government as a " magic fix "....come on CA buy some more..they work I promise...you don't need any money just junk rated credit. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4