Viper ACR - Autoweek 9/10/2007

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The latest Autoweek has an editors note regarding last weeks cover with VIPER ACR on the front. It says:

"Our cover mention of the Viper ACR was an error. Do look for ACR covreage in coming WEEKS"

Looks like there is more to come for 2008!:headbang:

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen I really like the 2008 Viper, but I'm now really happy with my car. I don't need this kind of temptation now (ACR), especially if it's anything like what Dodge unveiled this year! Demons go away! :omg: or something like that.....ah he$$ with that....I WANT ANOTHER ACR:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will probably be a article on the ACR that was shown at the Detroit autoshow next to the 08 Coupe.

This is the grey car with the red drivers stripe. Has some light weight parts and proposed MOPAR accessories.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will probably be a article on the ACR that was shown at the Detroit autoshow next to the 08 Coupe.

This is the grey car with the red drivers stripe. Has some light weight parts and proposed MOPAR accessories.

Except that car was not street legal and was not called an ACR...

I too am looking forward to an '08 ACR, that would really ROCK!

-J

PERMABEAR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The latest Autoweek has an editors note regarding last weeks cover with VIPER ACR on the front. It says:

"Our cover mention of the Viper ACR was an error. Do look for ACR covreage in coming WEEKS"

Looks like there is more to come for 2008!:headbang:

:confused: For some reason I would draw the opposite conclusion.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although it is premature....

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.....START YOUR ENGINES.

Finally, the big boy is lurking out there. Blue Devils beware.....(sounds of Jaws playing). And probably normally aspirated.

OP
OP
R

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:confused: For some reason I would draw the opposite conclusion.

Why? For any auto mag to make a mistake on the cover..something is going on. I bet that Autoweek thought they were going to scoop the other auto mags but Dodge(and their lawyers) got to them first.

I have seen many rumors of a High Outhput version of the new motor. (Yes...i know..like 600hp is not high output.:drive: ) So an ACR version should not be too much of a stretch for Dodge.

:usa: :2tu: :usa:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree, give me a ACR or forget it. "Regular Vipers" are too ***** for me. Loud, rude and crude is how I like my viper.

I bet it's going to have about 625-650hp. I'd hope for 675 though.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d love to see a raw ACR with more hp for track ****** and the base 600hp street version with TC and more streetable comforts.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont know if it was lawyers, sometimes mags are given info early and must hold(embargo) until a certian release date. If they violate these dates they dont get priveldged information early anymore.

OP
OP
R

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing about this is how many times do you see a top magazine make a mistake on the FRONT COVER. Top of the page and all....there is allot more to this story.

I just don't see a mistake like this just "sneaking" out. Dodge must have moved back the ACR embargo date and Autoweek missed it.

Either way ... I cannot wait to see the new ACR! Where do I send my check?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d love to see a raw ACR with more hp for track ****** and the base 600hp street version with TC and more streetable comforts.

Ok Andrew, when can I get a deep sapphire blue/silver stripe ACR? No fog lights, brake ducts and BBS rims rule!;)

--RS

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The thing about this is how many times do you see a top magazine make a mistake on the FRONT COVER. Top of the page and all....there is allot more to this story.

I just don't see a mistake like this just "sneaking" out. Dodge must have moved back the ACR embargo date and Autoweek missed it.

Either way ... I cannot wait to see the new ACR! Where do I send my check?

My deposit has been in for some time now.....:drive: :lmao:

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me a whiner (again), but I'll be pissed if they come out with an ACR version so quickly and no way to (rationally) move the 08 to that power. What a way to slam first movers who take a risk on an unproven product.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me a whiner (again), but I'll be pissed if they come out with an ACR version so quickly and no way to (rationally) move the 08 to that power. What a way to slam first movers who take a risk on an unproven product.

Don't sweat it. If the ACR involves more horsepower/engine changes from the factory--call that EPA certification---it's not in the cards any time soon.