Viper ACR Roadster

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quote Originally Posted by TheMilkman View Post
The best quote in the comments!

" Still, why do Vipers always have to be painted in such loud shades of "I need attention because daddy never loved me" yellow? "

Why would you buy a performance car that was not cool looking too? I want a performance car, can you paint it sort of bland? I would like a really hot girlfriend, but she had better not dress in anything nice when we go out on the town. ***?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This 1 of 1 car showed up at Snakes alive last month... Jaw dropping...:omg:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This one was actually built with headers and some other power mods form Woodhouse I believe the owner said. The verts also have different aero.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Front aero is the same but the wing has a lower sleeker profile that fits the car just right.
Anybody with a vert thinking of putting a wing on it should use that factory one only, the regular ACR wing's (or ANY wing designed for a coupe) look ridiculous on a vert.
Look at pictures of PythonPete's ACR, it's perfect.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have sworn that the owner said that the Verts were completely re-engineered in the wind tunnel and the there are some subtle changes to the front aero as well.

Front aero is the same but the wing has a lower sleeker profile that fits the car just right.
Anybody with a vert thinking of putting a wing on it should use that factory one only, the regular ACR wing's (or ANY wing designed for a coupe) look ridiculous on a vert.
Look at pictures of PythonPete's ACR, it's perfect.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have sworn that the owner said that the Verts were completely re-engineered in the wind tunnel and the there are some subtle changes to the front aero as well.

I have seen PythonPete's many times and his front end splitter and canards are identical to mine.

Reaction score
The front end is the same treatment as normal ACR's, but the rear wing was designed and tuned in the wind tunnel for us before the cars were built so that part of the aero is very unique and an awesome part of the Woodhouse Editions Bill Pemberton envisioned for us.

Just one of the perks for being the largest SRT dealer in the history of SRT. :2tu:

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Verts don't use the track blade on the front to offset the reduced downforce from the lowered rear wing. They use the street blade.

Richard

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The verts do not come with the track extension, but the inference was the splitter itself was somehow different in design and it is not. You could screw the extension on the vert if you chose to. The mounting is the same.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The verts do not come with the track extension, but the inference was the splitter itself was somehow different in design and it is not. You could screw the extension on the vert if you chose to. The mounting is the same.

This is probably what the owner was talking about. He also said that there is some speculation that the vert is as fast or maybe faster at the ring.

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He said: "there is some speculation that the vert is as fast or maybe faster at the ring."

C'mon, a convertible faster on a high speed track like the 'ring? I am gonna need proof of that. Playing the averages, that simply makes no sense at all. The other things this guy said didn't pan out either (wind tunnel, different pieces than an ACR) Hmmm Makes you wonder where folks get their info.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is also some speculation this guy doesn't know jack about the car he owns.
He's kinda proven it.

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He said: "there is some speculation that the vert is as fast or maybe faster at the ring."

C'mon, a convertible faster on a high speed track like the 'ring? I am gonna need proof of that. Playing the averages, that simply makes no sense at all. The other things this guy said didn't pan out either (wind tunnel, different pieces than an ACR) Hmmm Makes you wonder where folks get their info.

I could have sworn that Bill P told me when I bought mine that the front aero was different from a coupe ACR as well, when I asked him about the track extension. If not from him, then I read it somewhere.

I just looked up our email exchange on 9/7/10, right after I took delivery and here's what he wrote to me:

Glad you are one happy camper and the rear wing is different from others but not adjustable like a Coupe -- this is due to the differences in drag/wind tolerance on the convertible. Same reason for no front extension -- it creates too much downforce. The wing and splitter are wind tunnel designed specifically for the convertible.

Maybe misinterpreting that last statement led to the confusion, but I too was under the impression that it was "slightly tweaked" on the front splitter.

Live and you learn. I'm sure the driver that was repeating such things wasn't that much of a ******* -- I've certainly repeated things too without necessarily verifying.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the surface I agree that a vert being faster at the ring doesn't seem to make sense but technically these ACR verts can't be considered for factory production car records because they are dealer modified and have a power advantage at least with the exhaust. These cars are kind of like the Yenko cars from way back in that regard. It would be interesting to see one at the Ring with the additional power and reduced down force drag.

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On the surface I agree that a vert being faster at the ring doesn't seem to make sense but technically these ACR verts can't be considered for factory production car records because they are dealer modified and have a power advantage at least with the exhaust. These cars are kind of like the Yenko cars from way back in that regard. It would be interesting to see one at the Ring with the additional power and reduced down force drag.

I don't know that I agree with that statement. Woodhouse didn't modify them unless ordered that way. They're factory-made, and have the same stock exhaust as all other Vipers. The 1-of-1 above was modified by Woodhouse before he took delivery, but is not representative of the others (in particular, mine, which is unmodified).

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They have the same exhaust as all other ACR's.
The guy at your show had his car modified by Woodhouse at additional cost they do not come that way stock.
There is no way a vert with the SAME exact power, more drag from open top and less downforce is going to be faster, it defies physics and logic.
The ZR1 has no drag from a wing too...how did it do?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have the same exhaust as all other ACR's.
The guy at your show had his car modified by Woodhouse at additional cost they do not come that way stock.
There is no way a vert with the SAME exact power, more drag from open top and less downforce is going to be faster, it defies physics and logic.
The ZR1 has no drag from a wing too...how did it do?

We agree that the Vert shouldn't be as fast. I said that it wouldn't make sense, but I would think that the wind tunnel testing was done with the top and the windows up... I wasn't really sure if the ACR verts could be considered factory stock.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The car was NOT modified by the dealer. They came from the factory this way.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
This may help to refresh a few memories...from the AutoBlog link below:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/19/viper-acr-roadster-built-for-no-1-dealer-before-production-ende/

"Being the number one Dodge Viper dealership for 11 years has its perks – like being able to pick up the phone and tell the suits up at Auburn Hills that you'd like a convertible version of the diabolical Viper ACR. According to AutoWeek, that's exactly what Woodhouse Dodge did after
hearing that its cash cow was headed to the slaughterhouse, and surprisingly enough, Dodge obliged. What resulted was a mere 20 examples of a drop-top ACR, complete the coupe's tweaked suspension, mammoth brakes and special final gears in the transmission.

If you're thinking that hacking the roof off of a standard ACR-X is bound to play havoc with the car's rigidity and aerodynamics, you're probably
right. That's exactly why the ACR crew had to completely reinvent the roadster's aero package with a stubbier rear wing and a redesigned front splitter – just to suit the ******* car. As for rigidity, well, that's just a sacrifice buyers are going to have to be willing to make. Dodge built just 20 of the cars for Woodhouse, complete with the same 21B build code set aside for the hard top cars. If you want one, get on the horn with Woodhouse Dodge in Blair, Nebraska. Just make sure you've got $107,310 to blow at the same time. Short of cash?
Dream the impossible dream by checking out AutoWeek's photos at the link below.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this info helps!!

http://www.autoweek.com/galleryimag...2/2010-Dodge-Viper-SRT10-ACR-Convertible2.jpg

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I can personally vouch for the fact Pete's vert is slow as shiittt.....:lmao:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62