Viper and the finger

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you hear him singing the "This little light of mine, Im gonna let it shine"? He might have been re-living his sunday school days? :dunno::D:lmao:

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the references in this thread to Prius' makes me wonder if I am the only Viper owner who also owns a Prius?:dunno:
Of course i enjoy driving the Viper more than the Prius and must admit that my Viper consumes less gas in a year than my Prius.:)
PAvenomRT/10

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
truth be told, i'm not anti prius, and wish i had 1 when gas was $4+/gal

it is cool technology, but polar opposites when next to 1 on the road, that makes me chuckle

V

Venomiss

Maybe he just wanted to show you his new nail polish color?

Just smile, wave, and remember the short bus will be along in a minute to pick them up.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got one the other day after being behind a guy driving 50 mph on a highway designated at 60. Kicked in the afterburners and blew by him with a bit of torque gusto. All of a sudden he is flying down the highway trying to catch me. As I turn off into my housing developement just off the highway I hear a blaring horn and a waving arm with a particular digit pointing skyward. I just kinda laughed that whatever purpose he had for driving 10 miles under, he blew it driving 20+ over to catch me. Go figure .............and the funny part is he was in a BMW.:headbang:

AHH YES, the classic "you passed me now i have to chase you down" ********* story.

Usually if this happens to me, i'll get back in the right lane to give the ****** the opportunity to pass and be my rabit. One time the ****** got in front of me and squirted his windshield wiper fluid at me.(another classic douchbag move) I would have followed his ass if he was in state but he was an out of stater and i didnt want to find out how far he was going... SOAB:evilmad:

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my first finger from a guy in a mustang as my friend and I were waiting to turn. A couple of weeks latter I was at the mustang club and there were some real nice guys and girls there. Some wouldn't bother to say HI. That's the way it is. I like it when it happens that way I know I'm not among the losers. Winners don't do that if they have a viper or any nice car. Also, got it from a passenger when I had my cuda at a car show, in front of women and children. Who do you think they had more respect for. Mostly I get thumbs up, nice car, photos from cell phones and people getting excited just to see the car. Had a great experience with a 7 year old boy and his mom enjoying his excitement with the car next to him. Future viper owner.

BJG32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
been there, done that, got the t-shirt

....."F" 'em.

Last edited:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you in Seattle or upstate?

I notices once you get out of Seattle you find a lot of cool conservatives in Washington.

Never a finger but a lot of thumbs up.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll try to give other people in cool cars the thumbs up when it's obvious they love nice cars. They normally give me a shocked look but, then a big smile and a thumbs up and say how they love the Viper also.

But not always. New vette owners always act they haven't noticed the Viper.:lmao:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LIBERALS Got to love them.lol Guess your not green enough.lol Were you going through Washington or Oregon.Would not worry me a bit. Drive what you like we are still free for NOW!!

That only happens in the Western part of Oregon. Full of tree huggin weirdos. None here in Southern Oregon. Cowboys, farmers, ranchers and rednecks and they all appreciate a hot car. Stay away from Portland, Salem, Eugene, and Ashland unless your hunting tree huggers.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys never notice us flashing our lights behind you to move out of the way...but you always notice the finger...I don't get it. It's almost the same way on the race track:lmao::lmao::lmao:

...cheap shot at the Vette guys...can't help myself...

While driving my Z06, I often get the finger from Viper drivers...LOL

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No finger in the traditional sense. Showing my age but the teens do some contorted deal with 1 or more fingers that could be confused for "the finger"

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys never notice us flashing our lights behind you to move out of the way...but you always notice the finger...I don't get it. It's almost the same way on the race track:lmao::lmao::lmao:

...cheap shot at the Vette guys...can't help myself...
Actually, what I really notice more than anything, is how all the Viper and exotic drivers cry when they see my ZX14 tail lights getting further away from them by the millisecond...and by the time I get the finger from them...they're nothing more than a tiny spot in my mirrors...damn that's gotta hurt; being smoked so badly by a cheap high tech 13K stock motorcycle running on 87...one that can quarter in the 8's.:lmao: Right back at ya FZ - :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

Best thing about that, is the fact that with me in 6th at 100, I pull them in 3rd like they were standing still...:headbang:

This reminds me of the board wars between the Busa and the ZX14 guys...:D

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got one the other day after being behind a guy driving 50 mph on a highway designated at 60. Kicked in the afterburners and blew by him with a bit of torque gusto. All of a sudden he is flying down the highway trying to catch me. As I turn off into my housing developement just off the highway I hear a blaring horn and a waving arm with a particular digit pointing skyward. I just kinda laughed that whatever purpose he had for driving 10 miles under, he blew it driving 20+ over to catch me. Go figure .............and the funny part is he was in a BMW.:headbang:
Well done Bill as I kind of had the same thing happen to me last week while puttering around in my 09. Some Gen x er in his Shelby POC gt500 KR taunted with me driveing real slow and then when I went to pass he gets on it. Man are those things over rated, blew by him very quickly. Guess Carrol better add more Z max.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're picking on the stock Gen 2 Vipers:nono:

Bikes are stupid fast from 60-120 (a big one like your's is more like 60-140) They all run out of steam on the top end. Their speedometers read 15+ mph faster than the bike will actually go at those speeds (guys in 600's running 180+ indicated, radar'd in the 160's) :confused:- I've never had a digital speedo on a bike so maybe they have that fixed.

There are 3 BIG misconceptions most bikers suffer from:
1 - I can out run them on the top end - wrong, this is where you will lose most of the races!
2 - I can stop faster then them - wrong again. It's a function of weight and contact patch, bikes usually lose this one 98% of the time - unless you have PS1's or RunFlats, then it's pretty even.
3 - I can out turn them - against cars like the Gen4 ACR and like vehicles, wrong again. The big limiting factor here is the bike rider - the bike can do it, the rider can't. With cars, they are so much more forgiving than the bikes and make the driver look way better then they are (I'm a good example of this).

Here are some real world examples:
TWS (race track)
Formula 1 Bikes (F1 bikes are factory rides, NOT street legal, unlimited mods (HP) for the most part, all the stuff you would expect from a no-poop race bike) - Expert class riders are in the 1:53-1:46 range (most in the high 1:40's).

WC Comp Coupes (HP limited): 1:46-1:47 (Expert Drivers)

Stock Gen4 ACR (driven to and from the track) 1:52
http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/629462-narra-event-viperdays-tws-video.html

I ran a 1:59 with stock everything (ride hight, camber, tires, Aero setting, etc.)

As for outrunning Vipers on the street, you haven't came up against the right Viper yet (GT2, Gallardo, ZR1, etc.). Quit picking on the bone stock Gen1-3's Even a Gen 4 will struggle against that bike unless you're over 150, when the torque of the ZX starts to fade and the Viper shine.

Stock for stock - you're right. Your $13k scooter is gonna win every time:2tu:

I personally have played with many bikes (only things fast enough) and gave them a good view of my shrinking tail lights. Very few bikes will run with the Vipers. The modified, or "NOT Stock" in my case, Vipers will easily spank many bikes, especially if they are stock. It's the reason I don't play with Mustangs, what's the point.

Put that ZX on a track and compare your times to a Viper, you will be very disappointed with what you find.:dunno:

As for your ZX14 "stock motorcycle running on 87" running 8's I must claim...:bs2:

ZX14'a are running solid 9.1's @ ~150 (many using N2O).

...Unless you're NOT stock. Most, (can pretty much substitute "almost all"), bikes cannot get into the 8's w/o a stretched swing arm mainly, great driving & N2O, or usually both. But your ZX is stock so what does it matter.

Here's the case:
A 9.1 sec Viper is trapping over 156.
A 9.6 sec Viper is trapping at ~150 (same as the ZX).

Here's the point:
You're gonna be passed by a "slower" Viper before the 1/2 mile mark. It's just torque, nothing more. (biker's common misconception #1)

I can't wait until I get my wheels in from JonB. I've got a Gen1 with your name all over it :drive:

I mean this as a friendly "run what you brung" - nothing more. I may be going home with my tail between my legs!...but it would be 100% driver error, not the Viper. I'm pretty stock too - just K&Ns & an exhaust.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

PS: I'm a former bike racer (track, not the 3am interstate crowd). I used to putt around TWS on my 1988 Honda Hawk with 52hp running 2:12-2:15's topping out around 135 on the straight (getting waived at by my friends passing me in their 70+ HP SV650's). I love bikes. Nothing else feels quite like them.

:hijack::hijack::hijack:

Actually, what I really notice more than anything, is how all the Viper and exotic drivers cry when they see my ZX14 tail lights getting further away from them by the millisecond...and by the time I get the finger from them...they're nothing more than a tiny spot in my mirrors...damn that's gotta hurt; being smoked so badly by a cheap high tech 13K stock motorcycle running on 87...one that can quarter in the 8's.:lmao: Right back at ya FZ - :rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

Best thing about that, is the fact that with me in 6th at 100, I pull them in 3rd like they were standing still...:headbang:

This reminds me of the board wars between the Busa and the ZX14 guys...:D

Last edited:

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't drag race - however, if you'd like to see the time slips for friends of mine that do on these bikes, indicating 8's all day long - I'll send you the links, but yes, extended swingarm, slammed and piped, which is still stock as far as engine goes...and that's what I meant. 9's stock is still much faster than a stock Viper.

There isn't any Generation of STOCK Vipers that can out accelerate any generation STOCK Busa or a ZX14, at any speed, period. How can you even think that an 11 second car could - even if you were right and the big bore bikes only trap 9's as you say? I am talking about stock bikes and stock Vipers. TQ Fade, are you kidding me? These bikes hit 200 and back to Zero before a Viper gets to its top end.

Last time I checked, Vipers were made by Dodge, and they are Vipers, not GT2's Gallardo's etc...but either way...there's not a single non-modded car of any that you mention that can touch a ZX14, period. Please stop comparing 600's to 1400's. Simple power to weight ratio's dictate that you'd need way more than 600 HP on a Viper to catch a big bore hyperbike.

I've owned tons of bikes and fast cars, including many big bore 1300/1400's. From 150 or 10...a Viper won't come close. You think a 200 HP 480 LB machine can't outrun a 3400 LB 600 HP car? You are kidding, right? If you want to talk about modded cars...then to be fair, talk about modded bikes...because lowering a car won't make it faster in the quarter, so if you're talking about engine mod's...take a T/C'd big bore and see if any modded Viper under 900-1000 HP will catch it, and no, it's not going to be a "driver's" race, not even close.

10BamBam01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have gotten a few of the old :2tu: but never a finger :nono: I also get people driving next to me hanging out the window taking a pic with the cell-phone. I get people coming up to me at the gas station asking if they can take a photo or look inside.

I also get neighbors and friends asking if I'll pick their kid up from school so they can impress all their friends. I actually don't understand this one. I would think anyone watching this event would be terrified. "A big ugly man with tattoos and long hair picked up little billy from school in a stolen car. Something is WRONG! Call the police!" And then, I give them the finger. :smirk:

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While driving my Z06, I often get the finger from Viper drivers...LOL

Naah. The "fangs salute", maybe, but not the dirty digit. Most of us have enough class to leave that to the rice burners, certain of the Mustang and Vette crowd, and other assorted ignorant, snobbish, jealous, or otherwise maladjusted and unhappy types. :D

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Naah. The "fangs salute", maybe, but not the dirty digit. Most of us have enough class to leave that to the rice burners, certain of the Mustang and Vette crowd, and other assorted ignorant, snobbish, jealous, or otherwise maladjusted and unhappy types. :D

Whoa..you're in Columbia? We need to hook up!

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Busa,
I gave the big bikes their due credit in bold type:
Stock for stock - you're right. Your $13k scooter is gonna win every time:2tu:

You brought up a few key points:
"I don't drag race - however, if you'd like to see the time slips for friends of mine that do on these bikes, indicating 8's all day long - I'll send you the links, but yes, extended swing arm, slammed and piped, which is still stock as far as engine goes..."

1- Your friend's bike is NOT stock! (Stretched swing arm, exhaust, computer mod, most likely sprockets and drag radials/non street tires). His bike is made for running down the straight interstate picking on stock Vipers, that's it. A stock Viper will tear up your friend's bike on the track.

2- since we're talking about our "friends" then the stock Viper is a 10 second car.
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/624348-bone-stock-srt-10s.html

The facts on the ZX14:
1/4 mile: 9.783 sec., achieving 147.04 mph
The ZZR1400 is capable of accelerating from 0–60 mph in 2.5 seconds.The top speed is electronically limited to 186 mph (299 km/h)....However, the Ninja also has been reported at speeds of 210 mph with its limiter removed.

"running on 87" - with 12:1 compression (stock) :bs2:

Since your buddy's bike is "stock as far as engine goes" I must say :bs2: Computer mods mean the engine is no longer stock. If you are simply just talking about the engine block still being stock...well in that case my Gen1 is still stock. The whole lower end is still stock, trans, clutch, gears, tires, swing arm, etc.

For the 0-200-0 before a Viper hits top end - :bs2:

You friend's "stock" bike can't even hit 200, stock. But since we all know it is NOT stock then I want to see the radar/laser of the bike at 200 given that his gearing to run 8's is probably limiting him, RPM wise, from achieving 200. I believe the Viper will hit top end in about 25-30 (ACR or SRT - very different top ends) seconds, unless you are trying to squeak out that extra 3-5mph.

I swallowed your hook on this one. I'm going to go back to picking on bone stock Mustangs with my Gen1 (intake & pipe only - otherwise bone stock w/stock swing arm) Viper & you can continue to beat up on bone stock Vipers with your friend's (not stock) bike. Maybe some day your friend and me will meet out there with out stock vehicles and give it a run.

Last edited:

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoa..you're in Columbia? We need to hook up!

Just over an hour or so down the road from you (depending on what part of the Charlotte area you're in). I get up your way occasionally, too (mostly the south side). Send me a PM, and we'll see when we can get together.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of nowhere, I had some goofy looking nerd in an SUV suddenly swerve at me, laughing while he was doing it. Extremely jealous, spiteful people out there, living sad lives of desperation and self-pity. Nice cars seem to trigger awareness of their mental misfortune.

Said very well. I have gotten the fingers as well. Just jealous people that are looking to get a rise at you. Usually I just laugh in their face and then they end up looking puzzled that I am not pissed. Life is way to short to get upset over that for weeks. Yes it does both me sometimes but I just learned it comes with the territory. Just like wise ass comments, obscene gestures, and stupid drivers trying to run you off the road or not let you pass. America is a very interesting place.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't drag race - however, if you'd like to see the time slips for friends of mine that do on these bikes, indicating 8's all day long - I'll send you the links, but yes, extended swingarm, slammed and piped, which is still stock as far as engine goes...and that's what I meant. 9's stock is still much faster than a stock Viper.

There isn't any Generation of STOCK Vipers that can out accelerate any generation STOCK Busa or a ZX14, at any speed, period. How can you even think that an 11 second car could - even if you were right and the big bore bikes only trap 9's as you say? I am talking about stock bikes and stock Vipers. TQ Fade, are you kidding me? These bikes hit 200 and back to Zero before a Viper gets to its top end.

Last time I checked, Vipers were made by Dodge, and they are Vipers, not GT2's Gallardo's etc...but either way...there's not a single non-modded car of any that you mention that can touch a ZX14, period. Please stop comparing 600's to 1400's. Simple power to weight ratio's dictate that you'd need way more than 600 HP on a Viper to catch a big bore hyperbike.

I've owned tons of bikes and fast cars, including many big bore 1300/1400's. From 150 or 10...a Viper won't come close. You think a 200 HP 480 LB machine can't outrun a 3400 LB 600 HP car? You are kidding, right? If you want to talk about modded cars...then to be fair, talk about modded bikes...because lowering a car won't make it faster in the quarter, so if you're talking about engine mod's...take a T/C'd big bore and see if any modded Viper under 900-1000 HP will catch it, and no, it's not going to be a "driver's" race, not even close.

I know a few things about the ZX14. It is correct that a stock engine ZX14 can get into the 8's. Google Ricky Gadson. He does it all the time. He has a very popular drag racing clinic. Many people dip into the 8's on the bikes now. Just a fact of life.

ZX14's will not hit 200 mph stock. They can come close, but can't do it. The Busa has slightly better aero, but I don't think that they can do it either.

Out accelerating at any speed? We certainly down low the bike beats the Viper hands down. The bike starts to slow up around 170, so there may be a chance that the Viper actually out accelerates the bike AT THAT SPEED.

Just for laughs as well, there is the possibility (slight) that the ZX14 gets a supercharger on it. It has been a rumor for about a year. May make 250 hp instead of the 190-200 hp.

Honestly, the technology on bikes exceeds that of cars lately. Kawasaki is also supposedly working on a night vision system for the riders helmet that is very cost effective. Great safety improvements. With cars......they give you better IPOD accessories.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a few things about the ZX14. It is correct that a stock engine ZX14 can get into the 8's. Google Ricky Gadson. He does it all the time. He has a very popular drag racing clinic. Many people dip into the 8's on the bikes now. Just a fact of life.

ZX14's will not hit 200 mph stock. They can come close, but can't do it. The Busa has slightly better aero, but I don't think that they can do it either.

Out accelerating at any speed? We certainly down low the bike beats the Viper hands down. The bike starts to slow up around 170, so there may be a chance that the Viper actually out accelerates the bike AT THAT SPEED.

Just for laughs as well, there is the possibility (slight) that the ZX14 gets a supercharger on it. It has been a rumor for about a year. May make 250 hp instead of the 190-200 hp.

Honestly, the technology on bikes exceeds that of cars lately. Kawasaki is also supposedly working on a night vision system for the riders helmet that is very cost effective. Great safety improvements. With cars......they give you better IPOD accessories.

Heard that but seriously doubt that will happen; that 200/200 MPH and HP thing that the bike makers adhere to makes that tough to do ...you're right though...with a "broken" speedo or a speedo healer...it will hit about 192 (GPS indicated) or so...and I've done it more than once. To get to 200, you need to go down a few in the rear. It does pull quite hard well over 170 though, and I seriously doubt the Viper could catch it...far as FastZilla goes above, he'd be wrong about PC's etc...the bike I'm talking about has a pipe, no tune, lowered and stretched, so add 4-5 HP for that mod...no big deal. There were no sprocket changes and no motor mods. I know him well - and yup, Gadson has done 8's often...in fact, he writes about his ZX14's on dragbikes.com...but I've yet to see a Viper with even (and only) a tune and a pipe that can beat a ZX14 or a 2008+ Busa, at any speed. These bikes in the quarter are unmatched by ZR1's, Vipers and just about any other exotic...maybe the Veyron could beat it. Add serious mods to a Viper, Z or ZR1, and yes, the bike will lose.

I wonder what about the power to weight concept makes it so hard for some to "get".

If we're talking about 10's for the Viper...like 10.92, that's still a long way off from 9.1 on the ZX14 (bone stock)...

I look forward to getting my Gen IV next week...but I don't think 200 mph is in my sight; I almost have no license now...:rolaugh:

BTW - I hear you can't fit an iPOD easily to Gen IV - sort of hit and miss...:)

@FZ - Running on 87 on 12:1...no problem as long as it dosn't ping - and 87 makes more HP than 93...just a fact BTW...one that you can verify quite easily. Did you happen to know that MR9 (race fuel) is 87? Do you own a ZX14 by chance? I'm on my 2nd one already...and my third Connie 14...so I can tell you quite a bit about these bikes 1st hand, perhaps not as much about Vipers since mine isn't in my hands just yet...you'd know more than me about that and I admit that, but you need to check your facts before you call BS on things. Little that I've said here can really be contested...

Last edited: