Viper at Porsche Roadcourse event Compliation Video

V

Venomiss

I like the shots from above with you passing on the track! Thanks for sharing it!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Couldn't handle the "music/screaming" and had to turn it off.

Doesn't anyone like to listen to the CAR music???

Ted

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at HPT that day. Maybe you should run with group 4 next time if you need more of a challenge? Fastest car that day in the fastest group (4) was a yellow GT3. There was also a '97 B/W T1 GTS and a white 911T that were fairly quick around the track... I was able to lap several cars in group 4, even without functioning brakes.

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at HPT that day. Maybe you should run with group 4 next time if you need more of a challenge? Fastest car that day in the fastest group (4) was a yellow GT3. There was also a '97 B/W T1 GTS and a white 911T that were fairly quick around the track... I was able to lap several cars in group 4, even without functioning brakes.

Ya, I had my hands full with group three I was probably 1 of 2 cars that didn't have slicks. (I was on Kumho V700s) 1 of 3 cars in my class that wasn't trailered down tracked prepped, engine work done, track only cars......basicly race cars. Hell the orange Porsche in my video was an old cup car. Even the 911 GT3 I was messing with in the first video had Hooiser slicks, full roll cage with the interior gutted, Carbon ceramic brakes and God knows what else.

All I have are EBC yellows, Tom's brake upgrade kit and exhaust done. Like I said I was pretty out gunned.

I can't Imagine group four with the T1 cars and all the other just plain race cars. I see you have 580rwhp, Motons, stoptech brakes, slicks and a Quaife rear end. And I am sure you still had your hands full with the cars in your class.

I think I saw you at Touring club once. Next time I see you at the track we should meet.:2tu:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, I had my hands full with group three I was probably 1 of 2 cars that didn't have slicks. (I was on Kumho V700s) 1 of 3 cars in my class that wasn't trailered down tracked prepped, engine work done, track only cars......basicly race cars. Hell the orange Porsche in my video was an old cup car. Even the 911 GT3 I was messing with in the first video had Hooiser slicks, full roll cage with the interior gutted, Carbon ceramic brakes and God knows what else.

All I have are EBC yellows, Tom's brake upgrade kit and exhaust done. Like I said I was pretty out gunned.

I can't Imagine group four with the T1 cars and all the other just plain race cars. I see you have 580rwhp, Motons, stoptech brakes, slicks and a Quaife rear end. And I am sure you still had your hands full with the cars in your class.

I think I saw you at Touring club once. Next time I see you at the track we should meet.:2tu:

Dan...V700's are extremely grippy and they don't get as greasy as other tires...for that sort of driving and temperature, the V700's is the way to go. A lot of the guys in the P club are not "racers"...they may have a car that they use exclusively for the track, but that does not mean they are "fast" drivers.

Good driving...it is time for One Lap now...:2tu:

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan...V700's are extremely grippy and they don't get as greasy as other tires...for that sort of driving and temperature, the V700's is the way to go. A lot of the guys in the P club are not "racers"...they may have a car that they use exclusively for the track, but that does not mean they are "fast" drivers.

Good driving...it is time for One Lap now...:2tu:

Ya I will take slicks any time on the track rather than V700s. I am thinking about moving up to Hoosier slicks (like everyone else was running there) I am sure I could shave a few seconds with them. I already have the extra set of wheels just need to decide if I want to spend the $$$.

I might just stick to the V700s if I can find a set. You still selling yours? Maybe sell me them seperate from the wheels? I need to save me some $$$$$ :2tu:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya I will take slicks any time on the track rather than V700s. I am thinking about moving up to Hoosier slicks (like everyone else was running there) I am sure I could shave a few seconds with them. I already have the extra set of wheels just need to decide if I want to spend the $$$.

I might just stick to the V700s if I can find a set. You still selling yours? Maybe sell me them seperate from the wheels? I need to save me some $$$$$ :2tu:

You will most definitely shave some time between the V700 to the R6s...but you will have to buy Hoosiers A LOT more frequently...as they don't last that much.

Sure thing...I can sell you just the tires...they are 17's so they should fit your car just fine. They sold for $ 1,100 for the whole set back in April before they were discontinued...$ 700 for all 4 (with about 40 miles on them)...coolio?

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just upgrade from V700s to V710s? Makes a huge difference- just don't get caught in the rain. With all out slicks, I always thought Goodyear Eagle G1s were faster (and cheaper) than Hoosiers. I never get more than 6-8 hours from Hoosiers. I currently run Toyo RA1s (shaved) for fun, and Yokohama A005s for full-on racing. You can get a pretty good deal from Bob Woodman on slicks if you use him regularly.