viper coupe may be faster than we think!!!!!

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know this is probably wishful thinking but i have read the specs on the viper coupe and i have a theory....

the engine cannot be changed due to the emmissions blah blah but i think the more important factor is powerr to weight ratio.

points to ponder...

1. the specs page in the viper magazine clearly states

" dimensions taken with 2 passengers in car"

2. BOTH the curb weight and coefficient of drag say ESTIMATED!!! surely they would know what the weight of the car is by now???

3. given the fact that they have already shown that they have carbon fiber pieces available ala SRT CARBON car could this not be the hidden surprise that dodge has for z06.

it would absolutely make my day if in about 2 months dodge comes out and says...

"OH YEAH AFTER DOING FINAL PRODUCTION TESTS AND MEASUREMENTS THE COUPE IS ACTUALLY 3100 POUNDS AND HAS A DRAG COEFFICIENT OF .32!!!"

instant credibility without much effort on dodges part i think :2tu:

regards
george

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George:

There is nothing wrong with dreaming, but, for now (Fall, 2005), the fat lady has sung. So be it.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a few people that I trust on this site have posted in a few othe rthreads that they are STILL hearing 600hp.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When a patient is told that their cancer has metastasized, that there is nothing more that can be done, and that they must prepare themselves...the most common response from the patient is: "OK, so how are we going to treat this?"

Denial is a powerful weapon against reality.

However, denial itself is not reality.

The Coupe is what it is. It is as advertised. It is very nice if it is what you want. If it is not what you want, then you are allowed to be disappointed. But wishing does not make it so.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a few people that I trust on this site have posted in a few othe rthreads that they are STILL hearing 600hp.

Yeah and I just heard a Monster Truck on the television. What's that, at least 1500 HP? Does that mean Dodge will offer the SRT Coupe with a lift kit and jumbo off-road tires as well?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When a patient is told that their cancer has metastasized, that there is nothing more that can be done, and that they must prepare themselves...the most common response from the patient is: "OK, so how are we going to treat this?"

The Coupe is what it is. It is as advertised. It is very nice if it is what you want. If it is not what you want, then you are allowed to be disappointed. But wishing does not make it so.

This is true HOWEVER there has been cases (like my dads) where Docs have told that the patient had days to live and the person has been in remission for 16 years.

moral is NEVER lose hope until its 100% over and being that the coupe is not in dealerships yet theres still hope.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stugots,

About now is when you go up to your friend who promised 600HP and smack em upside the head and walk away...

:)

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And spontaneous emissions occurs in >99% of adolescents, but a misdiagnosis of longevity (not you Bruce) is not synonymous with an idealistic pronostication for the new coupe.

Again, the coupe is the convertible with new body panels from the door back, a limited edition blue/white paint scheme, and much improved wheels.

However, any performance improvement for the initial run will have to come from the aftermarket.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jody:

I have never used, and will never use, an emoticon, but I almost did in response to what you just wrote.

The SRT-10 is an awesome car; everyone needs to stop fretting and trust in the future.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alice said....

"Again, the coupe is the convertible with new body panels from the door back, a limited edition blue/white paint scheme, and much improved wheels."

Not quite right, a more careful reading of the magazine in which you just made a very humorous debut would reveal the following statement...

"The only bodywork the Viper coupe shares with the convertible is the front fascia and fenders, hood, and doors. The canopy, decklid, special windsheild surround, door side glass, rear fascia, quarter panels and taillights are all new to the 2006 Dodge Viper SRT 10 Coupe."

I think you could probably agree with me that the "special windsheild surround and the door side glass, and most obviously the canopy are new and different from the door FORWARD. Hmmmmmm?

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

- ronald reagan went to the doctor and the doctor told him ronnie you have cancer and alzheimers, and ronnie said, at least i dont have cancer

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee:

No. My reference to the body/chasis work, regardless of how extensive, was only to illustrate that these are only areas in which the Coupe will be different. Anything that impacts performance will come in the aftermarket.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jody:

I have never used, and will never use, an emoticon, but I almost did in response to what you just wrote.

The SRT-10 is an awesome car; everyone needs to stop fretting and trust in the future.

Alice, undeniably so. I was merely mocking the quotes I have heard from some to so many on this board. I hope that just about everyone on this board knows, that I am about as big of a proponent of the SRT that there is.

There is nothing I don't absolutely love about the SRT. I should have noted sarcasm or expected you to read the expression on my face, whilst I wrote my last.

Jody

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree. I think to hear Dodge tell us 3100 lbs, 550 hp, .32 Cd drag, etc etc is wishful thinking at this point.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jody:

Sorry, I did understand the tone of what you were saying. You could not see my expression in return to your expression.

For now, people need to accept that there will be various convertibles in various colors with various trim combinations.

There will be a coupe with new rear body panels.

Aftermarket products will have to suffice if you want more; that's how I read the tea leaves.