Viper Foils Police Laser

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yesterday I was coming home from work and cruising along in a 40 mph zone at 70 mph after accelerating quickly from a stop light, in an area my wife has constantly told me not to speed, when suddenly a loud repeating alarm goes off and a voice activated microphone says loudly X-band laser ..... this is the first time in 4 months that my x-band laser announcement has gone off, and I immediately hit the brakes and go down to 40 mph. I see to my left in the middle of the road on a grassy area three policemen, and one of them is pointing at the laser gun, pointing at me, and showing the other ones the gun.

What happens when you have an ****** SRX and it jams the laser, the laser gun will read "0". So that is what must have happenned and it baffled them. I drove by and they did not pull me over, but it was clear they were trying to make a decision and were just baffled. As soon as I got the hit and saw them, I turned off the jammer. It is mounted inside my dash under my Pioneer stereo and looks like it part of the system, but I have a small cover that further conceals it if I get stopped.

The SRX Passport is expensive, $1600 installed, but it worked like a charm. It is not yet illegal in Florida (radar jammer are illegal). So it was a good day and for those of you that use your car as a daily driver like I do, a good investment.

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, nice to hear of an instance where it worked like that. Glad you didnt get popped. I just had the SRX installed in mine last week.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine paid for it self many times over, and that confused look on the policeman's face is priceless... :p

BTW, Maverick, slow down....(I'm sure someone will feel like saying that, so I beat them to it LOL)

OP
OP
M

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree I should turn it down a notch... the road I was on is a long straight away and its so tempting to speed up which is why the police set up where they do....

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome work by the jammer but I've noticed polie officers here don't even bother trying to get your speed they just stop me from "visually" seeing how fast I'm going! I was going to get an srx plus installed cost was around that price but canadian dollars and becuase of the guessimate they do I didn't bother!

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an SRX in my car until a couple of weeks ago.

Colorado just outlawed laser jammers, so I had to remove it.

A real bummer, considering how expensive it was and how well it works. It saved me many times. I sold it on ebay for $500, so at least I got some of my investment back.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would they know if you just hit the switch to turn it off right after??

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just being in posession of a laser jammer in Colorado (whether or not you are operating it) carries a penalty of $1000 fine and up to 1 year in prison.

So, if you are using it, and it jams their laser, they have probable cause to search your car. When the search turns up the jammer, you're in serious trouble.

Another reason I'm pissed that Democrats took over the Colorado legislature this past election. They've been trying for several years to get this through, but the Repulican controlled legislature kept blocking it.

I'm using a Valentine 1 now, although they're working on banning radar detectors too.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speeding is very, very wrong. It's against the law. You should be ashamed. And if you would just drive the speed limit you wouldn't need all these high-priced electronic gadgets.

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I must be reading this wrong. There are no effective radar jammers out there. Year after year the car mags test these things and they don't work----unless you have a active jammer. Active jammers are universally illegal. :confused:

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
http://www.passportsr1.com/srx.htm

New High-Performance "Multi-Shift" Laser Transceivers

New programmable laser transceivers (2 front, 1 rear) provide maximum protection against laser targeting. Using multiple laser diodes (6 front, 3 rear), these remarkable sensors provide early warning, and return a "shifted" laser signal - laser protection that is Performance Certified by Speed Measurement Labs as 94% effective.

There are no federal laws restricting the use of laser jammers. However, some states may regulate their use. The use of laser jammers is prohibited and/or restricted in California, Minnesota, Oklahoma and Utah. Check your local laws before using the laser "shifting" feature of the Passport SRX.

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be reading this wrong. There are no effective radar jammers out there. Year after year the car mags test these things and they don't work----unless you have a active jammer. Active jammers are universally illegal. :confused:

Correct for Active radar jammers, regulated federally by the FCC.

Incorrect for Active laser jammers, regulated federally by the FDA (eye safety is only real concern) and a few totalitarian states (sorry Kai!).

Would have loved to see the look the cops gave when evaluating the '0'mph! In my last research these jammers definitely work. And there is even an opaque paint you can apply to lights/plates to reduce reflection. I was considering a Laser jammer but I just haven't seen a need yet (aghmm . . . gotten caught). Here in Illinois cops don't use laser as much. My guess is it takes too much effort, seen cops actually kneeling on the road to use. Unit must be stationary and requires extra field of vision to acquire and "sample" a target. This usually leaves them visibly exposed and wary speeders identify the ambush before trap gets sprung. Seems best employed from a well concealed rear position or at night.

Laser is down a bit on my threat list below unmarked sports coupes and instant-on radar from a moving trooper (many ouches).

OP
OP
M

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my brother in law is running for Gov. of Colorado, he is a republican, marc holtzman, so maybe he can change the law if he wins!

05RedSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Speeding is very, very wrong. It's against the law. You should be ashamed. And if you would just drive the speed limit you wouldn't need all these high-priced electronic gadgets."

If there weren't such a huge amount of moronic drivers on the road, we wouldn't have such ridiculously low speed limits. Speed limits are for the worst possible driver in the worst possible vehicle. Cars have gotten so much better that these old speed limits are out of date. :usa: People who follow the speed limit (except in school zones) should stop slowing me down and get the **** out of the way!! Impeding my progress should be against the law and those people should be ashamed of their selfish actions. :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Speeding is very, very wrong. It's against the law. You should be ashamed. And if you would just drive the speed limit you wouldn't need all these high-priced electronic gadgets."

If there weren't such a huge amount of moronic drivers on the road, we wouldn't have such ridiculously low speed limits. Speed limits are for the worst possible driver in the worst possible vehicle. Cars have gotten so much better that these old speed limits are out of date. :usa: People who follow the speed limit (except in school zones) should stop slowing me down and get the **** out of the way!! Impeding my progress should be against the law and those people should be ashamed of their selfish actions. :2tu:

LOL Those selfish bastages that slow us down and impede on our rights to drive a reasonable speed. To hell with all of them.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

LOL Those selfish bastages that slow us down and impede on our rights to drive a reasonable speed. To hell with all of them.

[/QUOTE]

very well said :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas