Viper GTS Exhaust system

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Neil:

I am sure you will get more experienced responses than mine concerning this topic, nonetheless, with regard to exhaust most of us on this side of the pond gravitate to Corsa or Borla cat back systems. You might also check out Sean Roe's site www.roeracing.com/
and see about his hi-flow cats to replace the stock (standard) ones. Sean's a site sponsor and is well regarded. Do a search on exhaust mods and you'll find plenty. You could also check with some of our UK members. They're likely be your best bet with guidance thru your emissions requirements.

Good Luck!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

There is a UK option on RT/GTS exhaust cat back systems, haven't seen them personally and a few have fitted various US systems with great sucess, producing more bhp and incredible sound improvment, if you do remove the cats you will no doubt have problems on track days meeting the Db requirements

On the induction side most owners change the filters and add smooth tubes, is your car Euro spec, if so it will have a nasty
restrictor inside the airbox which can easily be removed

another Neil

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JonB, parts rack has the best prices on the Corsa 3" system and
also the high flow cats, he will sell you the entire package at a very reasonable price and it will make your car sound just like you imagined. Look at the header page and partsrack is just a click away and Jon will make you very happy, good man to work with.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil:
Do a search and you will find plenty of information.
I changed my stock exhaust system to HF-cats and the 3" Corsa.
Very loud at WOT, but OK during cruising. Drone has gone!
And, very, very loud if the engine is cold.

I had to change the exhaust, because my side sills were yellowing (the stock cats were damaged inside too).
BURNOUT.gif