Viper Magazine is NOT a huge suckfest

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant believe im writing this but i like the magazine for a change. its not totally there but its a big step in the right direction.

i can so do without the stupid viper handsign but the timeline, jeff dunham, how to and the news about the gen@ tooling was great.

i havent read the thing fron to back yet but its probably the first viper magazine i will read.

GOOD JOB !

PS: where is mark now ?

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so is that the latest one you have? and does it have 2010 build info in it?

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, did a quick search and found these posts, going back to 2003

http://forums.viperclub.org/1906929-post7.html
are you talking about VIPER magazine? if so it is horrible and useless.
http://forums.viperclub.org/2482001-post9.html
simple answer...it stinks...:)
followed by lee's jab at me...http://forums.viperclub.org/2482826-post11.html
I think you say this everytime for yuks. :D Or you just like to pull my chain to see what I come back with. It's like trolling for LeeFish. :rolaugh:
Have you noticed you are the last guy who seems to think this?
I must admit I used to think it was pretty commercially biased a few years ago, with lot's of other DC product stuff in it but lately I rack my brain every time I see you dump on it.
Soooo, here's the challenge...What EXACTLY was it about this last issue you did not like?
Seriously.:confused:

http://forums.viperclub.org/1998234-post5.html
they wont change that magazine....not worth the effort.
http://forums.viperclub.org/1927284-post9.html
not worth it for the magazine, but the discounts ARE good for the VCA members from a lot of the vendors. so it is probably worth it just for THAT

Last edited:

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think it is the best one yet but that my be because it has my first add in it and there is a pic of me standing at VOI :)

Reaction score
I got mine in the mail today.

It was heavily water damaged (or snow) and ripped to shreds, and the envelope came wrapped in a large plastic US postal bag.

I called Viper headquarters 'twice' today to get another one sent to me, and never received a call back.

What gives?

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It was heavily water damaged (or snow) and ripped to shreds, and the envelope came wrapped in a large plastic US postal bag.

I called Viper headquarters 'twice' today to get another one sent to me, and never received a call back.

What gives?

What time did you call? I called last week around 1:15pm during the day and spoke with a woman who was very helpful. :)

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can someone post the build info, buy the time we get it in canada i will be cutting my grass

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty nice for a brand new magazine and the skeleton crew that created it. And we have 5 more magazines coming this year. :2tu:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went through it, nicely done! Like the how to article and doing a celebrity owner article as an on-going piece might be interesting - didn't Stallone just pick up a new Viper?

Look forward to the next issue and....thanks for the calendar, a nice throw-in!:2tu:

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The article about the Batmobile was quite intertaining. The how to section has a typo on page 23. "... Torque the bolts initially to 10 foot pounds working from the center.....( That should read 10 inch pounds)! It does go on to say finish off with 95inch pounds.
Moparboy does a good job with his story. I am envious of the Illinois Region and the High Speed event. How cool was that!

Good Mag... can't wait to finish all of the stories....

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone give me marks (old editor) email address, i lost it. he would get a kick out of this thread

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What gives?

It's funny how people never miss an opportunity to publicly ***** about the volunteers that serve them.

Realize that Viper HQ is *one* person right now who may have to use the bathroom every now and again.

Send an email to [email protected] and someone will get you taken care of.

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Its my very first Viper mag, Im so glad I became a member. This is the best club in the world. :D

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went through it, nicely done! Like the how to article and doing a celebrity owner article as an on-going piece might be interesting - didn't Stallone just pick up a new Viper?

Look forward to the next issue and....thanks for the calendar, a nice throw-in!:2tu:

The ____ with the celebrity articles. :) Sorry, I am an anti-pop culture type and normally in a bad mood in the morning, which is when I just made this post! :lmao:

Intsead of celebrties, how about featuring different daily professions or careers who drive a Viper--in other words "Accountant in a Viper" "Lawyer in Viper" "School Teacher in a Viper" etc... Of course, the "School Teacher in a Viper" must be a hottie!!! :lmao: :2tu: Sorry, just mumbling this morning... :dunno:

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ____ with the celebrity articles. :) Sorry, I am an anti-pop culture type and normally in a bad mood in the morning, which is when I just made this post! :lmao:

Intsead of celebrties, how about featuring different daily professions or careers who drive a Viper--in other words "Accountant in a Viper" "Lawyer in Viper" "School Teacher in a Viper" etc... Of course, the "School Teacher in a Viper" must be a hottie!!! :lmao: :2tu: Sorry, just mumbling this morning... :dunno:

Write an article and send it in. It's as simple as that.

Hope you have a better afternoon! :)

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Write an article and send it in. It's as simple as that.

Hope you have a better afternoon! :)

Good idea... I always get in a great mood when I start teaching, which is in a couple hours! Love the job (hate grading though)! :2tu:

Wait, I could be the hottie "Teacher in a Viper"... No, scratch that... I'm a middle-aged dude--my bad... :lmao:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They also announced the name of the new logo too officially called Stryker. Great magazine!

Bruce

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My shipping envelope was partially torn open, but contents were fine.

This is my first Viper mag and I'm enjoying it... except to see that Jeff Dunham is driving my car. D'oh! For the mag itself, I see good content, high quality materials, nice photography and printwork... well done.

And I'm also jealous of the Illinois drivers' opportunity to hit the high speed oval. At the manufacturer's own track! Seriously, that's just unheard of, and I'm (again) pleasantly surprised to see a real connection between Dodge and the VCA.