Viper myth perpetuated in the press.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper on the other hand is loud, coarse and on rough pavement darts around like a spaniel on an Easter egg hunt. All things that make it perfectly fine for a romp on a winding road or searing around a racetrack but also make it unnervingly fidgety even at only 120 km/h on the highway. Then there's the fear factor.

Rest assured that you will die if you push a Viper beyond its limits

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It'll only make the Viper even more of a "manly" car that will drive every wannabe thrill seeker to it... then when they realize they bit off more than they can chew... they start crying out for nannies. :rolleyes:

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I love that line, and it may be true since the vipers limit is pretty damn fast.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper? Not a heckuva lot of fun on a public road.
I get plenty of enjoyment driving one there. :dunno:

Sorry, that goes for any car out there.

And I have to disagree with him about the fun of driving a mini cooper. My daughter has one and I love driving it around. It's kind of like a go-kart. :)

1badsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it with all of the GTI nutswinging? Every magazine/online review I see on the GTI involves serious ass kissing. Those cars are slow as balls and heavier than other sport compacts in its class.

The SRT4 is so much better, and much quicker out of the box.

Sorry guys, kind of off topic, but a pet-peeve of mine. Anyways, good read very entertaining.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go drive a GTI. They are very nice as an all-around car. My fiancee' almost picked up a base rabbit because it was so nice and so cheap.
SRT4 ***** in every way compared to the GTI, except for the going fast part.

Rest assured that you will die if you push a Viper beyond its limits. By contrast you can drive the wheels off a Kia Rio and never be going fast enough to sustain a concussion let alone a speeding ticket.
:lmao:

Nick

1badsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go drive a GTI. They are very nice as an all-around car. My fiancee' almost picked up a base rabbit because it was so nice and so cheap.
SRT4 ***** in every way compared to the GTI, except for the going fast part.

:lmao:

Nick

LOL

How so? The SRT4 has more features, forged internals, 52 mm turbo, clutch good to 400 whp, better brakes, and weighs less all stock. Not to mention its much quicker out of the box.

I eat GTI's for lunch, and they cost a good amount more.

So how is the GTI better other than its german underwear plaid interior?

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTI's ride, interior, mpg, looks, value, dsg gearbox (if you opt for it), and ease of being tossed around on days that you want to have mild fun. I would MUCH rather have a comfortable, good looking car than the SRT4 for a four-cyl, fwd hatch.

The SRT4 is better at going fast. But if you want a fast fwd, the only option is the Cobalt SS. The SRT4 needs so much work to be good (it is nowhere near as interesting as the neon SRT4).

Nick

1badsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTI's ride, interior, mpg, looks, value, dsg gearbox (if you opt for it), and ease of being tossed around on days that you want to have mild fun. I would MUCH rather have a comfortable, good looking car than the SRT4 for a four-cyl, fwd hatch.

The SRT4 is better at going fast. But if you want a fast fwd, the only option is the Cobalt SS. The SRT4 needs so much work to be good (it is nowhere near as interesting as the neon SRT4).

Nick

The CSRT has amazingly confortable seats, and theyre not a *** plaid.

Plastic is plastic, no matter how you sugar coat it. Thats like saying this candy coated dog **** is better because it has a candy coating.

I get 33 mpg on the highway and push well over 300 whp. You try 300 whp in a GTI and youll need a new engine soon.

The GTI has a higher value, I agree. However it also costs more. So kind of an equalizing trade off there.

The Getrag 6 speed in the CSRT is bullet proof. 570 whp and counting on the stock tranny.

The CSRT handles just as well as the GTI. People who auto-x their CSRT's beat out AWD platforms, even some porsches. Handling is only as good as the driver.

The CSRT4 has made 570 whp stock internals with a turbo upgrade. The SS/TC can only make around 400 whp on a turbo upgrade.

Also, since u seem to not know, I will educate. For a CSRT4 to run over 400 whp all you need is the following:

exhaust
CAI
injectors
FIC
compressor wheel upgrade

Thats it. That is good for 433 whp / 533 wtq. All stock internals. Hell, you can even keep the stock clutch for a little while on those power levels. Thats without tuning software help. If we COULD tune the CSRT, that car would be a 10 second car. Right now its best run has been 11.6 @ 128 mph.

You try and run those power levels on the stock turbo housing on the SS/TC or the NSRT4 and on stock internals. The NSRT especially would go kaboom on its stock internals. And I can tell you for a FACT that those cars dont have the same 52 mm turbo that comes STOCK on the CSRT.

I know all this information may come as a shocker, but they really dont tell you any of this in the magazines. To be quite honest, the CSRT4 is currently the BEST american sport compact out of the box. It can make the most power at the least cost all on stock components.

Last edited:

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not doubting that the SRT4 is MUCH faster with MUCH more performance potential than the VW. I completely agree with you. Why do you think that the VW guys

I have spent time in both the VW & SRT4 (both stock). The normal life driving of both cars goes to the VW hands down. Yes, it has a plastic interior. But VW did a better job of using the plastic to have a nicer interior. It is a nicer layout.
The ride of the VW is nicer. Yet still can be tossed around corners (SRT4 too can be tossed around, but you feel it in every day, non-performance driving).

For all out performance SRT.
For normal life, with enough performance to keep your attention GTI.

Nick

1badsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not doubting that the SRT4 is MUCH faster with MUCH more performance potential than the VW. I completely agree with you. Why do you think that the VW guys

I have spent time in both the VW & SRT4 (both stock). The normal life driving of both cars goes to the VW hands down. Yes, it has a plastic interior. But VW did a better job of using the plastic to have a nicer interior. It is a nicer layout.
The ride of the VW is nicer. Yet still can be tossed around corners (SRT4 too can be tossed around, but you feel it in every day, non-performance driving).

For all out performance SRT.
For normal life, with enough performance to keep your attention GTI.

Nick

KK, I gotcha. If your looking to keep them stock and youre not concerned about performance, then the GTI is just fine.

I plan on having my CSRT4 at 400 whp and a DD, and an 04 Viper as my weekend warrior.

The only forseeable problem I will have is keeping the CSRT slower than the viper. :rolaugh:

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But if you want a fast fwd, the only option is the Cobalt SS. The SRT4 needs so much work to be good (it is nowhere near as interesting as the neon SRT4).

Nick

That is correct as Chrysler just cancellled the SRT4:smirk: The big question is whether the SRT 300, Charger, Grand Cherokee and Challenger will survive or not:dunno:

1badsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is correct as Chrysler just cancellled the SRT4:smirk: The big question is whether the SRT 300, Charger, Grand Cherokee and Challenger will survive or not:dunno:

I can see the challenger getting the ****can...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang