Viper sets another track record

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey that's one if our lil tracks here in Colorado! My "I've had enough thus week" Friday afternoon Steam Vent.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be there tomorrow and next week as well. :D

I am gonna look for the skid marks from the new snake.
-surely they will look sexier than the rest of the ugly skid marks............;)

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to the track manager about that whole deal today............

I hate to be the party pooper, but it's not an official record.
-It's a claimed record by the people that did the video.

I think it's cool and all,....... but was told that a stock ZR-1 has run a 1:54 during a class by an instructor in the student's car.

I know the mentioned instructor, and he is an absolute monster in anything he drives on the track.
....If this guy was piloting the new Viper, it may have pulled a better time. (not to dis-credit the driver in the video, but......)

There are only 2 official lap time records at HPR. -2 wheels, and 4 wheels.
No 'production car' no 'modded car' or whatever else. -too many potential variables.

Bummer..........................:(

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
................by the way....A guy had a stopwatch on me 'unofficially', and I ran a pathetic 2:06. :crazy2:
It was hot out there today, so I wasn't pushing as hard as I normally do, but still I was very disappointed in that slouch time.
I was running that last season on stupid street tires. :rolleyes:

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A naturally aspirated car won't hold a track record at a mile high track. If it does, it won't last long.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allen, 'unofficial times' are nothing but rumors...I've done an unofficial (stopwatch timed) 1:53 but I don't claim it...as for the ZR1, I say bring it on. ;)

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool vid and all out ear ****. But hyping it as a track record wasn't needed by that group, and really silly. Crap like that weakens the viper image, as if it needs false claims for cred, I don't think so. But nice to watch anyway.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool vid and all out ear ****. But hyping it as a track record wasn't needed by that group, and really silly. Crap like that weakens the viper image, as if it needs false claims for cred, I don't think so. But nice to watch anyway.

Its no real different than the other records srt set with the acr. At the end of the day its a record until someone can beat it. There will always be he said she said super fast laps that dont have any proof. But judging by the fact that the nasa time trial record is only 2 seconds faster, it makes sense that this could be a legit record. When the track owner validates it, it carries a bit more weight as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang