Viper T/A in Canada

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aero balance question.

I've noriced that the TA uses the six (6) vent hood with belly pan, front aero and taller spoiler. Does putting the aero package i.e. the track pack, on the GTS still maintain the aero balance? Does the track pack use the belly pan?

Thanks

There's a belly pan on the TA? Please elaborate

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Track Pack is currently only Sidewinder II rims, Pirelli Corsas, and Stoptech rotors. The Aero Package is the front splitter and the rear ducktail spoiler. The Aero was used on both cars in the wind tunnel and creates equal downforce, and discussing the 2014 Track Pack is just conjecture at present, as there may be some evolutionary changes -- obviously the TA has the electronic shocks and if that is incorporated into the future Track Packs, that is a major change. Keep in mind the GTS already has the dual adjustable electronic suspension , so one future question may be if a track pack is ordered will this system be recalibrated. Common sense can give us some answers, but keep in mind the ever evolving mind of SRT and their ability to adapt at Warp Speed!!

Obviously I got the aero package and the track pack mixed up. Thanks for the info. So the belly pan is TA only?

Last edited:

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Interesting, I didn't know about the belly pan. There was a belly pan prototype that Maurice wrote about in his Gen V book. SRT did high-temp testing in Nevada, and the belly pan caused heating issues, so they nixed it for the Gen V SRT/GTS models. I wonder if this is a new belly pan that doesn't cause this problem. Or perhaps the overheating wouldn't occur at the speeds you run during track events, so it was deemed acceptable on the TA. Inquiring minds want to know :drive:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both the Gen 3 and 4 have belly pans. This isn't something new for the Viper. The carbon aero kit found on the T/A will be available separately, can be added to any Gen 5 car.

Reaction score
SRT fans -

We are putting the finishing touches on the 2014 TA model. Black cloth seats, Laguna Seca glory, et al. As a track day rat, I just love the car. But I can tell you, because I know many of you personally, that you (and more critically, your wives!) really want the GTS model, not a spartan TA. The GTS leather is so delicious, and smells sooooo good. We put all this Ferrari-esque leather into the car because you asked for it! Now that it's finally here, please do not be a ***** and go order a Viper with cloth seats (yes, we now offer cloth seats in a competition oriented Viper, another first), And, yes, I just called you a ***** if you order this. Sorry, I didn't really mean to call you guys morons...I love the cloth seats, but the Laguna leather just smells like sex on wheels....

Gents, the TA is the new glam boy, and holds the new Laguna Seca Track Record. But the production Viper GTS (driven the same day, same pro driver, Randy Pobst) is only 0.5 sec behind! That is still stupid fast!! Faster than an $400k Aventador, etc, etc. So, my advice, is that you think honestly about what you want in your American Supercar, and order it. My order would include Stryker Red and Sepia interior, and I'm a cheap SOB! But the Stryker colors are soooo good you can't believe them until you see them. They are seriously that good. When you see them in person, you will instantly understand my pointed opinon.

Well, Meet your first *****! My SRT is at Woodhouse right now having MSC Shocks, six points and lowered and corner weighted. It does have the leather seats so I guess it will be OK. Allan

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
495hp 1100 tq

viper missing :(

I remember this truck. This was at VOI in NC was it not? 19.5 wheels and all?

SRT fans -
Now that it's finally here, please do not be a ***** and go order a Viper with cloth seats, And, yes, I just called you a ***** if you order this.

:rolaugh::rolaugh::lmao::lmao:

Line of the day! Thanks for the a laugh! :D

Mister Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aero balance question.

I've noriced that the TA uses the six (6) vent hood with belly pan, front aero and taller spoiler. Does putting the aero package i.e. the track pack, on the GTS still maintain the aero balance? Does the track pack use the belly pan?

Thanks

The TA is intended to be a track-day car, for the amateur racer who likes hard-core performance (and elemental accomodation inside the car). Because it is based on the SRT Viper, it uses the 6-vent hood. But the differences between the 2 hood designs (6 vent vs. GTS 2 vent) are minimal from an underhood cooling and aero performance standpoint; it is much more a matter of which design you prefer. Some like the racier design of the 6-vent hood, some prefer the more elegant GTS 2-vent design. It is just a matter of personal preference. Early in development, (as a Gen 4 owner), I liked the 6-vent design more, but the longer I looked at them both, the more I grew to appreciate the GTS hood (and it is now my favorite). I think the 6-vent hood is a little too extroverted for the more mature Gen 5 design Scott Krugger did (but please don't be offended, this is just my personal opinion). And the new Gen 5 radiator cools much better than the older design, another nice race track development benefiting SRT!

Both SRT and GTS models, with or without the added optional carbon fiber aero package, provide great aero balance and stability. All developed by race-seasoned SRT aero engineers in our full-size wind tunnel. If you opt for the carbon fiber aero package (rear spoiler and front side splitters), all in extreme lightweight, high quality carbon, this adds 300 lbs of downforce at 150 mph. But, alas, it will limit your top speed to a mere 191 mph (sorry!). But if it were my car (as a track day enthusiast), I'd definitely put the carbon aero pack (on my hypothetical Stryker / Sepia GTS). Unlike some of you, I do not need to drive over 191 too oftern ;) But I can feel the benefit of the downforce at lower, typical American road race track speeds.

(and thanks for listening guys)

PS. Here's wishing the Viper GTS-R all the best at Laguna in a few weeks! After a track record at Long Beach, the gang at SRT is totally pumped!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4