Viper Tax!

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dayyyyuuuuummmmm....does anybody agree 85 bucks for a pair of wiper blades sound like crap loada money?:omg:

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Came home and saw that too JPU....dont know what shipping is but still better.Miscommunication when I ordered them 5 weeks ago....Seems I remember 30 something and my tech and I agreed that wasnt so bad....went to pick em up today and they were 39.95 APIECE.....geessssss!

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What I was trying to say is that Vipers are indeed "taxed", but others gouge their customers. I've owned my Viper for nearly 20 years and it has cost me very little to run and maintain the car. Most foreign exotics require yearly service of over $2000 per year just to keep the car functioning well. Oil and gas satisfies my vipers...

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Z06 wipers were $65 through the service dept ... so I just walked over to the service dept, bought the L and R wipers for $25, and installed in the parking lot in one minute. Ripped them a new one in the survey they sent too.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dayyyyuuuuummmmm....does anybody agree 85 bucks for a pair of wiper blades sound like crap loada money?:omg:

It's better than the $542 my Ford dealer is charging me to track down why the wipers don't work on my 07 Grand Marquis. Won't pass PA inspection without it. Firestone was stumped, and so far, Ford has thrown a new motor and wiring harness, and they "think" that will fix it!

My Viper costs me less.....

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its the same reason the ignition lock cylinder for a viper is $92 but an identical one for a 95 dodge dakota is $54 and most parts stores actually have the dakota one in stock. you have a viper, you can afford higher prices.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't complain, the same blades through the same Chrysler parts system MSRP at $63.00 each here in Canada. How would you like to pay $126.00 for the same set?

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't complain, the same blades through the same Chrysler parts system MSRP at $63.00 each here in Canada. How would you like to pay $126.00 for the same set?

If you look closely, the rubber is simply bonded on the metal backing. I did my previous viper (05) by simply getting a generic blade and slicing the rubber portion. That was followed by a careful peel of the viper blade, cleaning and bonding on the generic. Having some adhesive savvy, I applied a wicking grade of superglue on the interface of metal and rubber. Not about cheeeep but more as a challenge to solve a problem simply.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the wipers were just for when you need a good laugh... My neighbor almost bust a gut when he was in the car and I turned them on.:rolaugh:

Wild Marine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on... The guy in the sweat shop in China is payed about .07 cents to fabricate these MILSPEC wiper blades and then the a flown first class on a private jet from Hong Kong, after the champagne limo ride to the airport.

Once in the U.S. they are melted back down and reforged into premium wiper blades with a touch sand particles to scratch your windshield should you actually drive your Viper in the rain! Then they are shipped back across the border to Mexico to get a "Made in America" label/stamp and then FEDEX directly to your doorstep...

What's the big deal... its not like your getting 12 MPG or something like that in your Hybrid Viper... Now that would be an awesome feed, the Hybrid Viper 39 MPG at 700HP!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's very simple but MAKE SURE you lay the wipers back down in the correct order! Not sure on the SRT's, but you don't want to get them reversed on the Gen. II's. jmo

Last edited:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had my Saleen Mustang in for service on the supercharger. Dealer needed to replace intake manifold gaskets (stock Mustang GT by the way). It takes 8 rectangular pieces, $16 a piece from Ford (checked other dealers to make sure I wasn't getting hosed). Local auto parts store sells the intake set for $12. Now that's a tax and its a Ford!

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I put em on and they actually are longer then the OEMs.I made sure the #s matched up to left vs right.Tried em out and seem to be ok.They are made in Mexico btw.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When you get caught in a heavy rain storm and your wipers are dry rotted and don't work, you will wish you didn't complain about the price. It happened to me and rain x did not cut it. My blades were so s crewed up one ripped and was only clearing partial window. Of course it was the driver side. I had to pull over and just wait till the rain pass. On the CA freeway when there is a huge downpour you will want your wipers even if they are $60

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine