Viper to be canceled and new Viper to come in 2012

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"500 final cars will be built that, according to Gilles, will be the most special Vipers ever. "

Hmmmm....

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the new Gen 5 Viperrari from Sergio & FiatRycler in 2012.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Get them while you can!

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a sad day for all of us "MOPAR OR NO CAR" fans. :(I finally get to the point where I can buy a DODGE Viper and out comes the rug.:mad: After being told "The Snake Lives" we are hit with this news? :nono: A "new" car? The Viper is only 18 years old!
I guess the Italians won out. I am sure our Dodge guys put up a good fight but it's the same old story "I own it, I'll do what I want with it" even after they just finish telling us not to worry.

:hit: :peod: :dig: :bdh: :bsm:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a sad day for all of us "MOPAR OR NO CAR" fans. :(I finally get to the point where I can buy a DODGE Viper and out comes the rug.:mad: After being told "The Snake Lives" we are hit with this news? :nono: A "new" car? The Viper is only 18 years old!
I guess the Italians won out. I am sure our Dodge guys put up a good fight but it's the same old story "I own it, I'll do what I want with it" even after they just finish telling us not to worry.

:hit: :peod: :dig: :bdh: :bsm:

I dont understand why your upset, theres going to be a new viper.Also Italians won out? Does everyone forget how the first viper was help designed by Lamborghini?

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gilles explained that the company wanted to preserve the value of existing Vipers by not continuing the current generation indefinitely. = These cars are NOT selling!

JBsZ06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The existing generation is amazing. Somehow the 2012 will be even better. Should be exciting to see and hear what leaks out over the next couple of years.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes i think the viper is very due for a change- if it happens i guaratee you it will be very cool....:headbang::usa:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling there will be something in 2012. Will it be a Viper as we see it today. Maybe not. I do think Fiat understands halo cars and the importance of performance cars, so I do not think they will leave Dodge without one, however I am not so sure it will BE a Viper in the form we know it.

And at the end of the day maybe it is a blessing. At least Viper would go out on a high note. Either way, I am not giving up hope yet. The bottom line is there is enough of a market for Ferrari to exist, I would think there also is for a future Viper.

I say lets keep an open mind until we can see the new one and form a decent opinion.

As for now, I am so sad this era is ending I am sick. :(

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With no NEW product scheduled for Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep until 2012, we will be lucky to still have the company in existence at that time. :brick::dig::teeter::sinking::brainless::flush:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would imagine that if the facility on Connor remains owned by Chrysler, that the Viper has a good chance of making a comeback with even higher performance levels.

The Fed is mandating a ton of new regulations for U.S. cars. Pedestrian friendly, roll over protected, clean burning, quiet running, and with lower total emissions.

Not surprised that they would want to take a fresh look at the marketplace and regulations before committing to production.

Bet if they get a surge of new orders that production will be extended.

Don't forget that Vipers were some of the earliest Hybrids. They burn both Gas and Rubber : >)

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget. If i'm not mistaken they are making RAM its own brand and maybe thats what Fiat will do with viper at the end of two years. We could still see viper as its own company. I would prefer it to still be a MOPAR but you never know. :)

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the new 2012 viperrari gen 5 is going to have the only thing the viper is missing - a luxurious interior

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the new 2012 viperrari gen 5 is going to have the only thing the viper is missing - a luxurious interior

With a price tag to match. :crazy2:
Spin this however you want, I don't see this (the hiatus) as a positve step.
They'll take this thing, this very American thing, the thing we all love and cherish, and turn it into something completely different.
That 500th of 500 2010 will be the last Viper, IMHO.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is my guess if the viper brand continues past 2010 - there will be no 2011 vipers, just like they did in 2007. 2011 will be a year for retooling for the gen 5 cars.

we will have seen 7 years (2003 - 2010) of gen 3/4 vipers. the gen 5, 2012 car, will be a new design.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a price tag to match. :crazy2:
Spin this however you want, I don't see this (the hiatus) as a positve step.
They'll take this thing, this very American thing, the thing we all love and cherish, and turn it into something completely different.
That 500th of 500 2010 will be the last Viper, IMHO.

I am afraid you are right Asp Man.
I guess we will just have to preserve the ones we have......funny, until 5pm Nov. 4, 2009 I did not think my car was going to be extinct. No matter how you cut it, once they close the Conner plant, the Dodge Viper as we know it will be dead.
I was not going to buy a new car, but I may have to get one of the 500 just so I can say I have the last of the real Mopar Vipers.

Attachments

• 2009 yellow2.jpg
    2009 yellow2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 29

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to release the info on the 500 asap. They complain about low sales, but don't give us a clue as to what the "special" Vipers will be:dunno: With all the production delays occuring lately it could conceivably take 6 months to get a car delivered which would really stink up the whole concept:crazy2:

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read on aol. The Viper with stop production in 2010, and may consider a new Viper in 2012:( Glad my ACR is in production now!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456