Viper vs. Z06 1/4 mile time question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Z06's only come with manual transmissions. Both cars are better than the other in some respects but the bottom line is they are BOTH AMERICAN ICONS! Some prefer the Viper and some prefer the Vette and some of us prefer both. Each without the other wouldn't be the car it is today! Anyone that bash's either one is a chump and must have a bad case of (If I own it its the best syndrome) and the guys that bash the Vette I wonder what they were driving before Vipers came out in 92, I guess they all had new Labaron's or K Cars. The Viper bashers probably just wish they had one.

Labaron's or K Cars. That was a good one man. Nearly broke a rib laughing on the way to the fridge for another beer. Hard to believe chrysler ever made that garbage when you look at all the fine product they make now.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should have said that a few Z06s have been in the 10s. I did read after I posted this that Jamie Furman has an ACR that he put in the low 11s first time out & he has not driven a viper in 3 years. He will have it in the 10s next time out. I do own both cars along with others. Sorry I have not posted a vin. Mark from Woodhouse can confirm that as he done a little work on my Viper on his Christmas vacation. My vette was also in my shop at the time. I did not mean to start a war. I have my answer. Thanks 1BADGTS

No sweat... this is where we duke it out then make up with lots of drinking and pics of semi-nekkid women! :D

Welcome to the party!

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8_ASP
I see. You only count runs that you like and discount those you do not. As an fyi those runs are typical for the Z06 at that track. It is at 900 ft and not ideal in any way. To get into the 11's you need an excellent run. You need to leave Maryland and visit some of the rest of the country.

In fact I defy you or anyone else to get a 11.5 at that track under normal test and tune conditions (and no they do not apply VHT for test and tune).
Yes, that is correct. What is not correct? If you dispute something at least communicate what you dispute instead of acting like a 2 year old and saying "yeah thats (sic) right." Again I challenge YOU to beat a 11.5 second run at that specific track.

Note also that TWO, exactly TWO, of the 20 times listed are for non coastal locations. And neither of them were below 11.5. Wonder upon wonders!

Tracks indicated for each of the 20 times posted:
Mir Raceway Budds Creek Md
Maryland International Raceway, Budds Creek, MD
Atco Raceway
HRP
Atco
Moroso Motorsprts Park, Florida
Maryland International Raceway
Capitol Raceway
State capitol raceway
New England Dragway
Moroso motorsports park South Florida
Sacramento Raceway
Mid-Michigan Motorplex
Byron Dragway, IL
Maryland International raceway
California Speedway
Houston Raceway Park
Maryland International Raceway
Palm beach Intl. raceway
Cecil County Dragway, MD

What determines coastal and what is its significance? I don't think Mid-Michigan, Byron Dragway, Houston Raceway Park, State Capitol Raceway or Sacremento or California Speedway are coastal whatever that is supposed to mean?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What determines coastal and what is its significance? I don't think Mid-Michigan, Byron Dragway, Houston Raceway Park, State Capitol Raceway or Sacremento or California Speedway are coastal whatever that is supposed to mean?
Exactly .Jamie this guy tries to come up with EVERY EXCUSE in the book.Air Temp ,Specific track location(coastal)ECT ECT ECT .

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mid-Michigan and Byron are both central US and located at higher altitudes. The others are all within 100 ft or so of sea level.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly .Jamie this guy tries to come up with EVERY EXCUSE in the book.Air Temp ,Specific track location(coastal)ECT ECT ECT .
Physics is not an excuse it is a fact. Unless you are a ******* that is.

I stated before that the comparison you discounted was at 900 ft and the times were reasonable. You refused to acknowledge that. *******.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, now you know it. The 10 second run was done one time by one person under conditions considered to be ideal at one of the fastest tracks in the world. I would not hold my breath waiting for it to be repeated. Ever.

But, if you counted all the posts that it has been referenced you would think it happens every day and at every track. And those posts have convinced all the vette owners that they can also make sub 11 second runs at will. As most here will attest, most Z06 drivers are hard pressed to get into the 11's in real world settings, let alone repeatedly do 10 second runs. And, just to prevent 1BAD from chiming in I mean in real world settings. That is unprepped tracks or the street at above sea level atmospheric conditions.
This was his origional post when he was proven dead wrong on this one he reconfigured to COASTAL.I guess all of the 11 second runs at the various tracks in Jamies list are not real world settings.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Physics is not an excuse it is a fact. Unless you are a ******* that is.

I stated before that the comparison you discounted was at 900 ft and the times were reasonable. You refused to acknowledge that. *******.
You FORGOT to mention YOUR Viper drag racing accomplishments though.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So there have been more than 1 ten second run. If it is dead wrong please post the specifics.

And I stand by 11's are hard to achieve in non coastal regions (read at higher altitudes for the geographically impaired).

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I can't debate it because I have no idea where these tracks are? There have been more than 1 10 second run, only 1 without drag radials but many, many with drag radials. I can say this, we all race close to where we live and I guess the weather on the coasts allow us to get out to the track more often than the guys who don't live on the coast giving us more chances to run good times? I can assure you though, percentage wise the Vipers and Mustangs and everything else race on the same tracks as the Vettes and if they are 2 tenths behind on the coast when we go to the mountains they will be be 2 tenths behind there too! I don't dispute they might be running mid 11's in the mountains but they will be the fastest cars on the mountain also!

Last edited:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least I do not post the times of someone else driving my Viper!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least I do not post the times of someone else driving my Viper!
EXACTLY what i thought NONE.Run the mouth ,hide behind the computer but NEVER show up at a VCA santioned event.If you have LIST THOSE in which you have competed and one.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your English is so poor I have a hard time understanding what you are asking. But if it is what Viper events have I drag raced a Viper in it would include: 2008 VOI 10, Midwest Rendezvous in St. Louis (2007?), Midwest Rendezvous in Detroit (2003), VOI St. Louis, VOI Las Vegas.

Also multiple other times that were not Viper oriented.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I can't debate it because I have no idea where these tracks are? There have been more than 1 10 second run, only 1 without drag radials but many, many with drag radials. I can say this, we all race close to where we live and I guess the weather on the coasts allow us to get out to the track more often than the guys who don't live on the coast giving us more chances to run good times? I can assure you though, percentage wise the Vipers and Mustangs and everything else race on the same tracks as the Vettes and if they are 2 tenths behind on the coast when we go to the mountains they will be be 2 tenths behind there too! I don't dispute they might be running mid 11's in the mountains but they will be the fastest cars on the mountain also!
.Jamie the guy is simply making EXCUSES now because he in over his head(before he ran his mouth he NEVER realized so many of these cars easily run 11s .)One he saw the list you provided he SOMEHOW has to justify his FEEBLE point

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your English is so poor I have a hard time understanding what you are asking. But if it is what Viper events have I drag raced a Viper in it would include: 2008 VOI 10, Midwest Rendezvous in St. Louis (2007?), Midwest Rendezvous in Detroit (2003), VOI St. Louis, VOI Las Vegas.

Also multiple other times that were not Viper oriented.

HOW MANY championships HAVE YOU WON

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never raced in anything that had a "Championship."

And I personally would feel ashamed to have my Viper pictured on a Mustang magazine. Isn't like a babe picture on a *** guy magazine.

So the answer would be none. But if you think that is needed to know the difference between a 50 ft altitude location and a 1000 ft one you need to revisit physics class (if you ever went at all that is).

mbacker_99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GR8_ASP

A friend of my ran an 11.71 in his ZO6 at Milan ice rink on his sencond pass. And that was the first time he took his car to the track. The best I could run 12.01 and 121 in my 06 vert. He was trapping a good 4-5 mph faster than my Viper all night Temp was around 77

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never raced in anything that had a "Championship."

And I personally would feel ashamed to have my Viper pictured on a Mustang magazine. Isn't like a babe picture on a *** guy magazine.

So the answer would be none. But if you think that is needed to know the difference between a 50 ft altitude location and a 1000 ft one you need to revisit physics class (if you ever went at all that is).
Now your embarrassed because you put your foot in your mouth again.Every year at Englishtown there is-was either a Zone EVENT ot a Atl National Championship event that depending on what it was can can draw more than 100 Vipers to compete in different classes with trophys awarrded to the fast cars in each class.As far as being ashamed because my Viper is in a FORD MAG, if my Viper was chosen to participate in a shootout because it was one of the fastest true streetcars in the NJ,NY area(and made the cover of the largest dedicated Ford mag IN THE USA )i guess thats something to be embatrrassed about

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GR8_ASP

A friend of my ran an 11.71 in his ZO6 at Milan ice rink on his sencond pass. And that was the first time he took his car to the track. The best I could run 12.01 and 121 in my 06 vert. He was trapping a good 4-5 mph faster than my Viper all night Temp was around 77
Where exactly is this track located.

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just keeping it real guys, but in actually looking at some of these times Jamie has posted there are a few things that don't pass the sniff test. Look at number 19 for example. Supposedly an 11.70 trapping over 126 with a 2.12 short time? Let me say it again, a 2.12 short time. This is at MY TRACK. Checking whether conditions with D.A. calculator it looks like the DA was about -200 feet. Good conditions but not great. By my calculations this car is making over 515 HP AT THE WHEELS. Do you really believe this is a stock car? There isn't a single other run on this list with over 2.0 short time and most are 1.9 or less trapping a whole lot less. If this car is stock I am 6' 10" tall. A 2.12 short in my viper would be a mid 12 second pass. Also number 18 is not a stock car. Maybe just added to the list by accident.

As I look at this list I am not disputing the record runs Jamie and Ranger have made, but the "real" Z06 looks alot closer to 11.5-11.7 car.

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michigan,1s on just their second time out.and you know what I mean when I call it an ice rink,
Gr-8 you better come up with more EXCUSES because now we got guys from NON COASTAL states( YOUR HOME STATE) easily breaking into the 11s on just their second time out.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GR8_ASP

Question if a NOVICE(second time EVER ) can run an 11.7 at a NON COASTAL track in Mich what exactly could Furman or Smith run there

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So there have been more than 1 ten second run. If it is dead wrong please post the specifics.

And I stand by 11's are hard to achieve in non coastal regions (read at higher altitudes for the geographically impaired).
Insert FOOT IN MOUTH AGAIN this time by a novice running a Z06 at the MILAN raceway in Mich.

mbacker_99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Question if a NOVICE(second time EVER ) can run an 11.7 at a NON COASTAL track in Mich what exactly could Furman or Smith run there

I will try to get the timeslip and see what was left on the table. While he is no pro drag racer, he can drive fairly well. Milan has a reputation for extremely poor track prep on test and tune nights.

Last edited:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gr-8 you better come up with more EXCUSES because now we got guys from NON COASTAL states( YOUR HOME STATE) easily breaking into the 11s on just their second time out.
Read again idiot. I said I defy YOU to run a 11.5 at that track. Quoting an 11.71 is not exactly evidence of your ability to do so.

And I bet that the best the best drivers could do is around a 11.3 at that track.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where exactly did he say second time ever or novice. He only said second time with that car. Read!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, now you know it. The 10 second run was done one time by one person under conditions considered to be ideal at one of the fastest tracks in the world. I would not hold my breath waiting for it to be repeated. Ever.

But, if you counted all the posts that it has been referenced you would think it happens every day and at every track. And those posts have convinced all the vette owners that they can also make sub 11 second runs at will. As most here will attest, most Z06 drivers are hard pressed to get into the 11's in real world settings, let alone repeatedly do 10 second runs. And, just to prevent 1BAD from chiming in I mean in real world settings. That is unprepped tracks or the street at above sea level atmospheric conditions.
Really is MILAN a real world setting

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so There Have Been More Than 1 Ten Second Run. If It Is Dead Wrong Please Post The Specifics.

And I Stand By 11's Are Hard To Achieve In Non Coastal Regions (read At Higher Altitudes For The Geographically Impaired).
really Hard Unless You Run Milan.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At an altitide of 660 ft it is indeed pretty indicative of real world settings. At least more indicative of the altitude that a large portion of the population lives.

At 92 ft MIR would be quite a bit below the average.

Status
Not open for further replies.